IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS-F Bumper Direct Fit to 250

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-08, 01:24 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I make fun of the loser in my office building who drives a 325i but has 'M' badges all over his car. Why pretend to be something you're not?
Old 04-07-08, 01:27 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Buds
I make fun of the loser in my office building who drives a 325i but has 'M' badges all over his car. Why pretend to be something you're not?
I just seen one of those on the road. I knew right away, it was not an "M" because of the body panels. I laughed at that 3 series coupe with M Badges. The idiot did not even instal the fender "M" fin markingson the front fendors. If you ask me, I would rather walk that be caught dead in it.
Old 04-07-08, 01:38 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Here is a thread with some helpful info & pics...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=343714

Don't worry about everyone esle opinions or comments.. they are just that...

I used to run a IS300 SportCross wagon bumper on my Sedan..
It made my car look much better and it was a perfect fit..
As a matter of fact Team Lexus did the same with one of their race cars at the time..

Good Luck

Joe Z
Old 04-07-08, 02:16 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Originally Posted by projectdna
putting the IS-F front and rear bumper on your is250 is like rebadging your is250 to is350.

it may look cool to do, but once you get called out and smoked on the streets it won't look so cool...
I don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal about this. It's called styling. IMO, he could do the ENTIRE kit, and until he puts an "F" emblem on it, it's NOT flame-worthy.

Just because all of y'all say that M's and AMG people riot over it doesn't mean that it's therefore the status quo.

Case and point: there are lots of people with "regular" mustangs put cobra/saleen/roush kits on their cars all the time, and 95% of the time they are welcomed with open arms....until they put false emblems on the car, thereby mis-representing it.
Old 04-07-08, 02:17 PM
mikes rx

Because I know it's easier to read short replies, I've separated my post. So...

POINT OF STORY: There's a HUGE difference between misrepresentation and just using styling cues from "more optioned" cars, which has been done for years. Until members start claiming that they have something that they don't, I think we should lay off each other's back, because all we're doing is making ourselves look bad with the "I'm better than you" attitude.

Remember: not everyone on this forum wants/needs/can afford a $60K IS, but all of us share a common love for modifying our cars.
Old 04-07-08, 02:53 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

I dunno, I guess you are right....as long as the ISF badge doesn't make it onto the car....no harm done.

From my standpoint, I've always been more of a mod for go not for show. So when I see a 'I want to put an F bumper, F spoiler, F quad exhaust, etc' thread, my stomach turns. But then again, whatever floats your boat I guess.
Old 04-07-08, 02:59 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

You should put M5 badges on your IS!!! Just an idea!!!
Old 04-07-08, 03:02 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

mikes_rx> out of curiosity, would you mount an is-f bumper onto your is350?
Old 04-07-08, 05:21 PM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by projectdna
mikes_rx> out of curiosity, would you mount an is-f bumper onto your is350?
Honestly, I saw an IS-F in person for the first time yesterday, and was thinking that the front bumper looked very nice.

However, I will not be adding ANY non-factory painted part to my car, due to the color and resulting paint match issue. In fact, the only color that I would have a part painted for is BLACK, as it's usually quite easy to color match.

If you're asking if I would add an "upgraded" part to any other vehicle: Yes, I've done it to both of my mustangs, and I've never had anyone say that I've been a poser. Instead, I usually get complemented, the same way how people that do any other mod get complemented. But, I've NEVER claimed to be something that I'm not.
Old 04-07-08, 05:23 PM
mikes rx

The end point is that real car aficionados of any brand know whether the car is a "real" car or not, so why bash the owner for doing things from "upgraded" models? It's really no different than any other mod, in that it's something that looks good to the owner and makes the car a little different than everyone else. (again, I'm making arguments assuming that they don't misrepresent the car with false badges)

Also, the "upgraded" parts are factory quality and style, so it gives a good alternative to questionable aftermarket kits that can be cheap quality or bad looking in the eye of the purchaser.

To all of those that are flaming the OP, I must ask y'all the following question:

If you put a GFX front lip spoiler and X-package wheels on your car, does that make you a poser, because you are making people think you have an X-package car?

There are a TON of people on this forum that have added the front lip, and many like the X-pak rims more than the other styles.

Last edited by mikes rx; 04-07-08 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-07-08, 05:32 PM
mikes rx

And, to get back on topic.

OP: as others have said, the front bumper supposedly will not just bolt right up to the stock fenders. But, I'm just going by what's been said since the car came out. I don't know if anyone's actually tried it yet (and, by the responses, you can see why)

Last edited by mikes rx; 04-07-08 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-07-08, 05:49 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Alright Mike... agreed!!
Old 04-07-08, 06:55 PM
GordoNx3o9
Pole Position

Yeah I agree with Mike too. There is nothing wrong with putting the F bumpers onto a 250, as long as he doesn't rebadge the trunk emblems or tell people he has an F. So for the Mercedes guys, putting AMG kits and rims on a NON AMG Mercedes makes them posers? I see it as styles. Just don't do what this car did:

Old 04-07-08, 07:05 PM
Zanorath
Pole Position

I say if you can make it work, and you like the look, do it. Personally if it *was* a direct fit I'd probably do it, I want the sleeker bumper reflectors.
Old 04-07-08, 07:05 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

^^^that is just retarted, i wouldn't be surprised if ppl kicked and keyed his car for being that stupid

Quick Reply: IS-F Bumper Direct Fit to 250