IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Moron destroys my window

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-08, 01:52 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moron destroys my window

I parked my car in Newark and some goddamn thief broke my driver window and stole my cell phone. I am so upset right now and I can't bear to even look at the car right now. It feels like the new factor of the car is gone and it has only been 3 weeks.

I am feeling a bit better when I think about the fact I am giving my dad this car and if the 09 is good I will get that...

I AM JUST PISSED AS HELL!
Old 04-02-08, 01:55 PM
ISmy350JDM
Pole Position

dang i am sorry to hear that. i hate vandals..and car thefts!
Old 04-02-08, 01:57 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Tint your windows. But Please dont leave anything out in plain sight that might get unwanted attention. Theres a lot of people who do anything for a quick buck these days.
Old 04-02-08, 01:57 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i feel your pain. that really blows
Old 04-02-08, 02:07 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

that sucks.......
Old 04-02-08, 02:08 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happens to the best of us, best thing to do is move on and forget about the incident, but remember to never leave anything in plain view. There are low-lifes out there that do nothing but steal. Karma will come for them, so no worries.
Old 04-02-08, 02:20 PM
Namster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It looks like another break in. I would be pissed too if I were you. Like all others said, never leave anything plain view. I am very careful what I put in my car, either it goes in the trunk or the glove compartment. Sometimes I worry if some idiot would break in and steal my built in NAV unit. Is that possible? I think i'm being paranoid.
Old 04-02-08, 02:30 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car. You couldn't pay me to park in Newark though. I've read that there are more cars stolen in Newark than in New York City and Los Angeles combined.
Old 04-02-08, 02:40 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gotta love Newark.

The same thing happened to me my first week in UMDNJ. They broke a window ($300 to fix) for a $50 stock radio...
Old 04-02-08, 02:41 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
Tint your windows. But Please dont leave anything out in plain sight that might get unwanted attention. Theres a lot of people who do anything for a quick buck these days.
If you tint your windows, they will smash the window just to "see" if there is anything worth stealing. I went to school in Queens, and I had people bust into my car who stole bridge tokens and jumper cables.
Old 04-02-08, 02:43 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
Yup. This would be the best advice that everyone seems to be giving. It gives the thief a less of a reason to break into your car. luckily I've been learning from everyones past experiences and advices like this.

Yea....I just remembered your post about getting a little extra accessories with your car when you were going to get the car. Hope everything passes by after a while.
Old 04-02-08, 03:12 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ister
It looks like another break in. I would be pissed too if I were you. Like all others said, never leave anything plain view. I am very careful what I put in my car, either it goes in the trunk or the glove compartment. Sometimes I worry if some idiot would break in and steal my built in NAV unit. Is that possible? I think i'm being paranoid.
I used to be paranoid about my nav too. But then I thought...the OEM nav will be worthless for use in another car (except a Lexus), and it would take a thief too long to rip it out of the dash. I think a portable nav would be more cause for break in.
Old 04-02-08, 03:16 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahah the built in navi is hard to get out if you dont know what you are doing. I will just be worried that if they try they will mess up more things trying to get it out :P but tinted windows FTW...I had a couple of smashed windows for spare change in my old cars and the windows were tinted.
Old 04-02-08, 03:19 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Zinda
I parked my car in Newark and some goddamn thief broke my driver window and stole my cell phone. I am so upset right now and I can't bear to even look at the car right now. It feels like the new factor of the car is gone and it has only been 3 weeks.

I am feeling a bit better when I think about the fact I am giving my dad this car and if the 09 is good I will get that...

I AM JUST PISSED AS HELL!
Sorry this happened to you. What's wrong with people today?
BTW, you probably have broken pieces of glass stuck in your door.
Old 04-02-08, 06:11 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

I had a 35% tint on all windows except my front window. I really didn't think they would break a window for a worthless phone. I feel much better now that it is sitting in my garage but I am so depressed. Feels like I broke up with my girlfriend or something.

Never again am I going to leave my crap lying in my car anymore!

Thanks for consoling me guys...It means a lot to me...

Gotta love Newark.

The same thing happened to me my first week in UMDNJ. They broke a window ($300 to fix) for a $50 stock radio...
You work at UMDNJ?

Sorry to hear about your car. You couldn't pay me to park in Newark though.
I parked in a parking garage at NJIT...Thought, the University would at least have some decent security for their students and their garage. I guess I was wrong unless it was an employee of NJIT.

Last edited by Zinda; 04-02-08 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Moron destroys my window