IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

went to the dealer for multiple TSIBs, disable DRL, mission accomplished

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-08, 11:31 PM
bennynihon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went to the dealer for multiple TSIBs, disable DRL, mission accomplished

went to the dealer yesterday to have some TSIBs taken care of on my '07 IS250, and drove off happy.

I also made the mistake of not getting my LPS taken care of during the 5k complimentary service, and even though I've owned my car for 13 months (beyond the 1 year that you are allowed to have LPS changed for free) they were willing to do it for me without charging me.

I noticed that my front seat was squeaking when I rocked back and forth in it or moved around. Had that fixed with the "Front Seat Squeak Noise" TSIB.

I've also noticed some rattling coming from the front area of the car, which may well be because of the rear view mirror. So I'm having that fixed with the "Inner Rear View Mirror Vibration" TSIB, but have to wait for the parts to come in.

The AUX input has always had some pronounced background noise. Even simply turning up the volume without anything playing, I could hear the "engine whine" in the speakers as I stepped on the gas. So I had that fixed with the "Noise Form Auxiliary Port with External Device" TSIB.

And lastly I had the "Alternate Front Brake Pad" TSIB done to alleviate the front brake dust issue. The dealer not only exchanged the brake pads but cut my rotors for me while at it.

After the fixes, the front seat no longer squeaks, the AUX input is infinitely better, and the brakes perform just as well as I remember.

And to make the whole experience that much sweeter, I handed him my LPS settings, with the disable DRL setting circled, and they did it for me no questions asked.
Old 03-30-08, 11:41 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Typical story for a quality Lexus dealer. Which dealer did you visit?
Old 03-30-08, 11:44 PM
bennynihon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RTGS400
Typical story for a quality Lexus dealer. Which dealer did you visit?
Stevens Creek Parts & Service
Old 03-31-08, 12:32 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bennynihon
wow!! stevens creek lexus, thats the closest dealer to me.

thinking of bringing my car in for inner rear view mirror tsib and plastic cover under the glove box coming out loose that cause a rattle.

hopefully i can get rx hybrid loaner
Old 03-31-08, 06:41 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

went to the dealer yesterday to have some TSIBs taken care of on my '07 IS250, and drove off happy.

I also made the mistake of not getting my LPS taken care of during the 5k complimentary service, and even though I've owned my car for 13 months (beyond the 1 year that you are allowed to have LPS changed for free) they were willing to do it for me without charging me.

I noticed that my front seat was squeaking when I rocked back and forth in it or moved around. Had that fixed with the "Front Seat Squeak Noise" TSIB.

I've also noticed some rattling coming from the front area of the car, which may well be because of the rear view mirror. So I'm having that fixed with the "Inner Rear View Mirror Vibration" TSIB, but have to wait for the parts to come in.

The AUX input has always had some pronounced background noise. Even simply turning up the volume without anything playing, I could hear the "engine whine" in the speakers as I stepped on the gas. So I had that fixed with the "Noise Form Auxiliary Port with External Device" TSIB.

And lastly I had the "Alternate Front Brake Pad" TSIB done to alleviate the front brake dust issue. The dealer not only exchanged the brake pads but cut my rotors for me while at it.

After the fixes, the front seat no longer squeaks, the AUX input is infinitely better, and the brakes perform just as well as I remember.

And to make the whole experience that much sweeter, I handed him my LPS settings, with the disable DRL setting circled, and they did it for me no questions asked.
Now that is what I like to hear, quality dealer treatment. I had all thsoe TSIB's done without the mirror, and I am much happier. The braking will be just as great if not better with the new pads. I was worried about the braking efficiency with the TSIB and have no worries on effectiveness or dust.
Old 03-31-08, 07:34 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, when i went i for some faulty stuff, they denied me for turning off the DRL saying california law required it

Glad you liked their service. Thats where i bought my car
Old 03-31-08, 07:48 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
Wow, when i went i for some faulty stuff, they denied me for turning off the DRL saying california law required it
Yet another example of how the just make things up.
Old 03-31-08, 09:36 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Can any of these TSIBs be used for an 08 IS? I have brake dust on my front wheels like crazy....getting tired of wiping them off every other day.
Old 03-31-08, 09:42 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Little E
Can any of these TSIBs be used for an 08 IS? I have brake dust on my front wheels like crazy....getting tired of wiping them off every other day.
Check some of the threads under the search feature, many people have had their 08's done without the TSIB. Depends on the dealer and how you present your case. My neighbor had an 06 IS250 AWD and brought it to the dealer because the brake pads were blackening her rims. She does not know a thing about cars or the TSIB. Her along with myself are very happy with the new brake pads as you will be. I don't think their is a foraml TSIB yet for the 08, but I am willing to bet you can get it done.
Old 03-31-08, 10:01 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Lexus of Englewood in North-Eastern NJ did all of the above as well for me during my 5,000 Oil Change. They even did my brake fluid flush/refill after I asked them several times. It seems they didn't want me to "spend money" on something I really didn't need. which is cool in the sense they tried saving me money but, it's still something I preferred but was being denied at first . . . You could look at that both ways lol
Old 03-31-08, 11:06 AM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Does anyone know if ANY dealers in NY, will do the TSIB above? I am tired of crappy Lexus dealerships+
Old 03-31-08, 11:17 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by nabbun
Lexus of Englewood in North-Eastern NJ did all of the above as well for me during my 5,000 Oil Change. They even did my brake fluid flush/refill after I asked them several times. It seems they didn't want me to "spend money" on something I really didn't need. which is cool in the sense they tried saving me money but, it's still something I preferred but was being denied at first . . . You could look at that both ways lol
Out of curisoity, why did your ISX50 need a brake fluid flush at 5k?
Old 03-31-08, 11:47 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jimjaix
Does anyone know if ANY dealers in NY, will do the TSIB above? I am tired of crappy Lexus dealerships+
I second that!
Old 03-31-08, 12:02 PM
DVac3
Pole Position

Why did Lexus cut the rotors when they installed the new pads?
Old 03-31-08, 12:40 PM
is250gurl
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

tfz_hebe89, i need to check out that plastic under the glove box because i keep hearing noises over there now and maybe that's it!

Quick Reply: went to the dealer for multiple TSIBs, disable DRL, mission accomplished