IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: What's your ISx50 car washing ritual?
HOME CAR WASH CAUSE YOU LOVE YOUR BABY THAT MUCH
84.67%
AUTOMATED CAR WASH
11.00%
GO TO THE DEALER FOR A FREE CAR WASH
3.00%
WHAT'S A CAR WASH? WHY WASTE WATER?
1.33%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Car Wash Rituals W/poll

Old 04-03-08, 08:41 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I need one of the wakabe's for track day
Old 04-03-08, 09:26 PM
almacruel
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm the only on to have ever washed my car other then the first day i picked my car from the dealership....
Old 04-04-08, 10:58 AM
Tajman82
Rookie

for all of you that use the meguiars mist spray and wipe quick detailer...do you only do it after you wash your car or whenever you need to no matter how dirty it is?
Old 04-04-08, 04:51 PM
kindred6ul
Driver

Originally Posted by Tajman82
for all of you that use the meguiars mist spray and wipe quick detailer...do you only do it after you wash your car or whenever you need to no matter how dirty it is?
You've gotta use the quick detailers to your best judgement. Obviously you aren't going to expect it to be easier if your car is gunked up w/ 2 week old road debris and tree sap. I only use quick detailer on non-humid day's when the car is already wax/sealant treated maybe 2-3 day's after a full wash. Otherwise i'll just wash it.
Old 04-04-08, 06:54 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Also mind that Javylsu has a white car which shows spider webs/swirl marks the least of any color.. The only downfall to white is that it doesn't shine up real well. So that being said he is pretty much wiping in any dust and particles when he does that. Being white, it doesn't show. Us other people should def. wash your car and only hit quick detailer on small spots after using some sort of california dust mop to remove loose dirt.
Old 04-04-08, 06:57 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Tajman82
For me there is no 'wash my car.' I use the quick detailer as my only method of cleaning. The only reason I'll ever wash my car again is if there's something that forces me to wash it, like road de-icer or the like. Rain doesn't make me wash my car.

Javier
Old 04-04-08, 07:37 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
For me there is no 'wash my car.' I use the quick detailer as my only method of cleaning. The only reason I'll ever wash my car again is if there's something that forces me to wash it, like road de-icer or the like. Rain doesn't make me wash my car.

Javier
Javier,

Just admit it. You are lazy to wash your car.
Old 04-05-08, 11:16 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by combfilter
Also mind that Javylsu has a white car which shows spider webs/swirl marks the least of any color.. The only downfall to white is that it doesn't shine up real well. So that being said he is pretty much wiping in any dust and particles when he does that. Being white, it doesn't show. Us other people should def. wash your car and only hit quick detailer on small spots after using some sort of california dust mop to remove loose dirt.
By no means am I trying to convince anyone to stop washing their car - but I have several friends with dark cars that disprove this theory. As a matter of fact, I picked up this technique from an owner of a dark emerald-colored Lexus (who just happens to professionally detail cars for a living). He's washed his car a total of 4 times in the ~8 years he's owned his car, and has fantastically flawless factory paint. I have another friend who uses my technique and has an SGM colored-car, and people ask him all the time how he keeps his finish so perfect. Using the quick detailer to wipe down your car is not as harsh as you might think due to the high lubricity of the quick detailer, much like any good car soap. It acts as a lubricant between your car's surface and the sponge or towel you use to wash your car. Now obviously, if I'm driving my car through a desert sandstorm or there's caked mud or salt on my paint, I wouldn't hesitate to wash the car. But since I don't do any Baja endurance runs or rally racing with my car, the wipe down with quick detailer is perfect. You have to understand that the less you touch your car's paint (with anything - a towel, sponge, water, your finger, whatever) the fewer swirls and scratches you'll put in, and the longer it will last.

Originally Posted by istundra
Javier,

Just admit it. You are lazy to wash your car.
ABSOLUTELY. Why would I wash my car when I don't have to???

Javier
Old 04-05-08, 07:55 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Have that guy pull into my garage and let me put my spot lights on his car and then lets put them on my car and tell me which smg looks better. Luckly us smg owners cars really do shine up easy with very little effort. I get sooo many compliments just with ONR and aquawax.
Old 04-05-08, 08:05 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

^Hey Troy, he's got a flourescent spotlight, and I've seen it with my own eyes - NO spiderwebs... Remember, he regularly waxes his car, he just doesn't wash it. Again, this is not for everyone, but it works.

Javier
Old 04-05-08, 09:53 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

ahhh ok..

Javy who's rims are those in the pic above on your car???
Old 04-05-08, 10:19 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Which rims? In my sig? Or from the shoot?
Old 04-06-08, 01:01 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

from the pic above that happaboy posted.
Old 04-06-08, 01:07 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Oh... Haha, those are the ones that I got a couple of months ago. 20" Volk GT-7's.

Javy
Old 04-25-08, 03:25 PM
Tajman82
Rookie

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I never wash, even after rain. Meguiar's Ulitmate Quik Detailer 1 or 2 times a week, Meguiar's Quik Detailer on the wheels.

Javier
That's all I use now...car looks better than washed, thanks for the tip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Wash Rituals W/poll