IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pics From Easter and Cleaned 250

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-08, 06:30 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pics From Easter and Cleaned 250

I figured I would post some pics of a non pot-hole damaged fixed vehicle. I also detailed my 250 as the weather was decent in Chicago for a couple of hours. I have a neighbor a who has ben driving an black IS250 AWD loaner for a couple of days so I stopped to speak with him. He told me he blew a tire and rim also on a pot-hole with his GS350 and has been waiting on a rim that is back ordered at Lexus. I guess we are all in the same boat up here in Chicago. This has been a rough year in the area in regards to weather and the roads. I have also decided to add a pic of my sisters dog Elmo. Perhaps Elmo "Cottontail" the magical Easter dog is more appropriate. Since this dog has a passion for Lexus vehicles, I found it appropriate to include the little guy. On a different note, I have decided to remove the fog film in a month or two and instal a yellow HID kit. I love the clear look of the fog lense and realy want a brighter yellow output. The projector lenase on the Gen1's promoted better light output than the gen2 reflector lense. I am sure many CL members would agree?

Last edited by Brian231; 03-24-08 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-24-08, 07:24 AM
Joneser
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ya man. It definitely has been rough in chicago. I am so glad i decided not to go and have my sumemr tires put back on last week (phew). Maybe this week? Who knows. I do agree about the HID kit for the fogs too. I laways liked the GEN1's. I wouldn't feel bad about the switch out at all... ind of paying homage. I still take gander at them when i see them, especially when someone clearly takes care of it.
Old 03-24-08, 07:52 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Cars looking pretty snazzy.
Old 03-24-08, 11:04 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea its my fault...by selling my winter tires and rims! Glad i didnt have to go far with the OEM summer tires on the car. I was lucky to not have any troubles with pot hole damage this winter. Just slap those summer tires on! the more we get the less snow will get!!

Nice Brian! Car looks good! Next time call me up and i can drop mine off also! lol...Cant wait to do a little photo shoot!
Old 03-24-08, 11:48 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by passnu2
Yea its my fault...by selling my winter tires and rims! Glad i didnt have to go far with the OEM summer tires on the car. I was lucky to not have any troubles with pot hole damage this winter. Just slap those summer tires on! the more we get the less snow will get!!

Nice Brian! Car looks good! Next time call me up and i can drop mine off also! lol...Cant wait to do a little photo shoot!
You got it Mike, can't wait to see everyone break out the toys in the next couple of months. I am sure we can get at least a half dozen IS's to meet somewhere like the Bolingbrook Promenade. My buddy has his Supra meets there. I have been seeing more gen 1's driving around this past week. I always get and give the thumbs up.
Old 03-24-08, 11:58 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Nice pics of the car and cute dog! I live in California (Bakersfield), and the coldest it gets here is about 35-40 degrees (for about 1 week) in the winter. We get very hot summers. Right now we're in the mid-upper 70's....so glad I don't live in a very cold climate. We have pot-holes all over the roads here too....ugh!

Anyway, I am in the process of doing my red-outs (when I can get away from work and school to slap them on my tail lights), but I decided not to do the fog overlays on my car because I like the look of the clear lense too.
Old 03-24-08, 12:13 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Little E
Nice pics of the car and cute dog! I live in California (Bakersfield), and the coldest it gets here is about 35-40 degrees (for about 1 week) in the winter. We get very hot summers. Right now we're in the mid-upper 70's....so glad I don't live in a very cold climate. We have pot-holes all over the roads here too....ugh!

Anyway, I am in the process of doing my red-outs (when I can get away from work and school to slap them on my tail lights), but I decided not to do the fog overlays on my car because I like the look of the clear lense too.
Yes,

Once I get the Yellow HID kit, off with the vinyl. I also want to remove the reflector in the composite healight assembly. I hate how that sticks out. Just as bad on the G35's and G37's. I know it is a safety factor, but it clashes badly. I am sure everyone will agree.
Old 03-24-08, 12:18 PM
ISmy350JDM
Pole Position

nice pics....hope u had a nice easter weekend
Old 03-24-08, 12:24 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

nice rims..... i like!
Old 03-24-08, 02:57 PM
mofat01
Driver School Candidate

Nice ride...has anyone ever told you you look like Vanilla Ice?
Old 03-24-08, 11:22 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

post some pics of your yellow HID kit when you get 'er done!
Old 03-25-08, 06:38 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mofat01
Haa, that was my knick name in high school 12 years ago. I guess I stuck with the same look because I don't have too many options having thick hair and 15 collicks (LOL).

I will also post the HID fog pics once I install them. Seems like everyone on CL loves the HID fogs. I installed some with my buddy in his 03 M3 and it made a nice differance not only in external looks, but froma drivers standpoint being on non-lighted roads.
Old 03-25-08, 11:12 AM
Fearlessfx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mofat01
i was thinking more along the lines of Guile from street fighter

Old 03-25-08, 11:57 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fearlessfx
i was thinking more along the lines of Guile from street fighter

When my hair grew out after a haircut, I use to develop some wicked fin action. I had a buddy call me Wolverine once back in college. Then I seen a Wolverine doll in a store and looked at it closely and thought to myself, damn, I do look like that stupid thing. Shortly thereafter, I made sure to recommend to the beauticians, please trim the fins.
Old 03-25-08, 01:02 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Your dog looks kind of like Chewbacca.

Quick Reply: Pics From Easter and Cleaned 250