IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What did you do when you first got your IS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-08, 04:58 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

pssh... i left the dealer lot, was almost straight home but then decided to goto subway in enchanted lake shopping center, there was a parking stall right in the front so i was 'lucky', then i pulled up and the FK'N curb is like 5+in high... well i got some nice lip rash from ON THE FKN WAY HOME!!! not day1 but still within HOUR 1
Old 03-08-08, 05:10 PM
highstakes
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed snow tires, we had so much snow that I didn't pick up my car from the dealership for almost a week (until the snow tire/wheel came in).
Old 03-08-08, 05:20 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Went home directly where my car stayed in the garage for 3 days until the clear bra installer came.
Old 03-08-08, 05:39 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by highstakes
Installed snow tires, we had so much snow that I didn't pick up my car from the dealership for almost a week (until the snow tire/wheel came in).
Another Illinois IS owner... cool.

As for myself, I drove it home 2000 miles (I bought the car in LA) and got a speeding ticket on the way.
Old 03-08-08, 05:53 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Drove back to work... Tint the next day. Then read the owners manual for about a week!
Old 03-08-08, 05:56 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

drove home, took pictures, read the manual, and drove it around
Old 03-08-08, 07:29 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Good eyes!
I don't want to be mean in criticizing your Photoshop skills, but Ray Charles could have detected your little ruse. The big blue rectangle where you changed your odometer to read 29 miles also stands out like a sore thumb. Time to read up on the clone tool.
Old 03-08-08, 07:34 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i wish more ppl would read the manual and FAQ here first before posting the... 'stupid' questions... how do i change this/how do i do that, you know the stuff IN THE MANUAL... if you are one of these ppl and i accused you of asking a 'stupid' question and you get offended, sorry but to quote forrest gump, stupid is as stupid does...
Old 03-08-08, 08:00 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

Drove to work, worked a half day, showed it to a co-worker who has a 99 altima. Yeah
Old 03-08-08, 09:48 PM
highstakes
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oblivionis
Another Illinois IS owner... cool.

As for myself, I drove it home 2000 miles (I bought the car in LA) and got a speeding ticket on the way.
Your car's color was my 2nd choice, first one being the Black Sapphire, but I guess our region only gets Obsidians and Smokey granites (which is what I got).
Old 03-08-08, 10:20 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

First thing I did when I bought my IS was drive it 1,700 miles from Texas to California. By the time I got home my engine was broken in.

Javier
Old 03-08-08, 10:23 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

Mine was delivered from out-of-state with tint and bra installed. I went a block to the Toyota dealership and had the service manager and a tech inspect the car before signing the delivery guy's paperwork. They did not drive it, they just pulled it in and looked it over. They lifted the hood and were stopped by all the plastic armor. They did pull the lid off the exposed wiper fluid tank and added some fluid. Then they looked around for any physical damage, commenting about AWD badging, solid feel of the rear seat pull-down arm rest, paddle shifters, and contrasting black carpet--cashmere leather (saying Toyota ought to do that). No charge for the inspection. Then I took it home to show the family, since I probably would not make it back from work until after dark.

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
pssh... i left the dealer lot, was almost straight home but then decided to goto subway in enchanted lake shopping center, there was a parking stall right in the front so i was 'lucky', then i pulled up and the FK'N curb is like 5+in high... well i got some nice lip rash from ON THE FKN WAY HOME!!! not day1 but still within HOUR 1
Oh, the humanity! I was worried about that from day one. 2 weeks after I got it, I slowed to a stop to let someone use the crosswalk. Then I cut the corner a little too sharply, and I could hear the grind as the rear of my car scooted to the left as I turned right. Aaaauugh! It's not really noticeable, just the outer edge of the rim in a couple of spots. The Wheel Doctor is about an hour away on the other side of town. I'd hate to waste all that time driving back and forth twice, and showing off my yellow spare for a day! I may paint that spare first.
Old 03-08-08, 10:38 PM
ISmy350JDM
Pole Position

start saving money for the WORK VS-XX golds in 19 inch
Old 03-08-08, 10:50 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Drove it off the lot and got a hot guy's phone number while waiting at a red light....we've been dating ever since.
Old 03-08-08, 10:52 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

^Haha, that's awesome!

Javier

Quick Reply: What did you do when you first got your IS?