IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus filled up my gas

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-08, 12:13 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Lexus filled up my gas

So uh I went to the dealership to get the fuel pipe recall done as well as my rattle on the right front seatbelt assembly (4th time going for it) and windshield mouldings. I came in with half tank @ 34570. I did a test drive with the technician to point out the rattling noise.
It took them 2 full days to finish the car (sounded fishy to me) and when I got it back, the odo out was 34595 and gas was filled all the way. I checked my rims and my body to see any damages and , none.
So my question is, what kind of gas did they put in there? Is it a 91 at least?

On the way back while on the freeway there was a school bus filled with little kids. Someone from in the bus threw a quarter at my car. At the time I was like WTF?! damn low lifes. I checked my car when I got home, luckily no chips or anything.
Old 03-08-08, 12:19 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hartawan
So uh I went to the dealership to get the fuel pipe recall done as well as my rattle on the right front seatbelt assembly (4th time going for it) and windshield mouldings. I came in with half tank @ 34570. I did a test drive with the technician to point out the rattling noise.
It took them 2 full days to finish the car (sounded fishy to me) and when I got it back, the odo out was 34595 and gas was filled all the way. I checked my rims and my body to see any damages and , none.

On the way back while on the freeway there was a school bus filled with little kids. Someone from in the bus threw a quarter at my car. At the time I was like WTF?! damn low lifes. I checked my car when I got home, luckily no chips or anything.
i think it varies between dealers.

haha thats funny, if someone threw a quarter at me i would hunt them down.
Old 03-08-08, 12:23 AM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they didnt fill mine up......and you should have followed the school bus raised some hell
Old 03-08-08, 12:27 AM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

Maybe they were interested in the 25 cent peep show but you didn't deliver...

Also, hooray for free gas since prices are climbing like crazy and I've been biking to school if I don't really have to drive.
Old 03-08-08, 12:41 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i forgot to add, when i first bought my car and took delievery it was 1/4th full and i said to my cousin "can i make it home with that much gas?" and they refilled it for me and showed me. My dealer has it own gas tank in the back and its unmarked. Its like mystery gas.

BTW why did i quote if i was the first to post?
Old 03-08-08, 01:01 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

lol habit? I hope mystery gas is some kind of race gas O.O haha yeah right.

Whatever, I'll let karma do its work. I am now 25 cents richer lol.
Old 03-08-08, 01:44 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

lol well now its has to be 91 if you are in cali because i know they wont skimp you on gas. Here in WA at least it is 92 or 93 i forgot but its the supreme gas. They have only three pumps with one kind of gas at the dealership. All lexus takes supreme gas so only need one type. If its not and they fill with regular then thats gay...
Old 03-08-08, 02:47 AM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

iunno. i fill 87 on the loaner cars when i return it, I've seen bmw dealerships fill up at mom and pop shops, or coast gas. where the tech drives it there and fills up on 87, i was like wtf, im not going to buy a bmw from that dealer in the future, prob best way to get answer is to have a employee input, there are a couple around here somewhere
Old 03-08-08, 05:52 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

That's why I just fly pass the buses. Hate being beside them and behind them. One time when I still had my accord, some kid decides to throw a opened sprite bottle on my roof! Had to wash the car because it was all sticky.

Last edited by T4styPh0; 03-08-08 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-08-08, 07:26 AM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

I once pulled up to a public bus in one of my S2000's and just happened to look up to see 2 stoner dudes probably 18-20 years old looking at me. One of them hocked a huge luggi on my car, I was like WTF! Well, they WERE on a bus….
Old 03-08-08, 08:06 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hartawan

which dealer in cali is that?
Old 03-08-08, 08:13 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by wolverine
they didnt fill mine up......and you should have followed the school bus raised some hell
I would go find out who threw that quarter......
Old 03-08-08, 08:48 AM
sykocus
Lead Lap

Surely the dealership would put the correct fuel for their own car in the vehicle. Wait my dealership couldn't even put the correct air pressure in my tires. I retract my first statement. BTW, what did they do to the windshield moldings?
Old 03-08-08, 09:44 AM
timucla
Driver

I went to Lexus MV to get my TSIB done for the brake dust issue and while I was there they were like, let me check if there are any other recall issues your car needs. Well according to my VIN my car also had a seatbelt recall and the fuel pump recall. They did all the work, provided a loaner car, a wash, and a full tank of gas all at no cost. The next week I went to have my spoiler installed and they initially quoted me $375. When I mentioned that another dealer would do it for $100 the service manager said they'd match and took care of me. Needless to say I'm very impressed by them.
Old 03-08-08, 09:47 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I think they just have a company gas card and go to a gas station to pump up for you. im sure they pumped 91 +

Quick Reply: Lexus filled up my gas