IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Fairmont Hotel Free Upgrade To Lexus Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-08, 04:03 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i threw mine away. not because i cannot afford it but it would do me no good on business travel. on personal travel, i'm a marriott group fan so unless this were some special occasion....even then i would probably chose a w.
Old 03-07-08, 04:10 PM
Zeus69
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by inxexisten
Alot of us are young (under 22 or so) and paid for the car in cash and as the previous person said have 2nd cars or 3rd cars (well i am not in this category yet until the end of this year)... I myself would never spend a night in a motel lmao... that would be in my opinion as bad as sleeping in a garbage can... I am only 19 and ive spent many nights at resorts and hotels from 500-900 a night... and buy my clothing from Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth and eat out all the time... and im sure many of the other young people here do too..
What a tool...
Old 03-07-08, 04:12 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Has anyone been to the presidential suites? man that right there is the nicest room ive seen in any hotel. The size of the room is like the size of a 1 story home.

im talking about the downtown SJ fairmont
Old 03-07-08, 10:31 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Any other blanket statements and forum insults you would like the hurl today?

Of course the IS will have for the most part people who's income is less than the GS or LS. That is why its entry level luxury. That does not mean there are not those that can afford a LS or whatever, hell a Ferrari here. Maybe they made a decision to buy the IS for whatever reason.

Saying this is a motel 6 crowd can/will incite flames. Please don't do that here.
I only speak the truth and no insult is the objective. A Fairmont hotel room is expensive. Check their website or call their toll free number and book a room if you don't believe it. The fact is most IS customers would not spend that kind of money on a hotel room. After spending the best part of two years on this site I think I have a pretty good lead on the desires of most IS owners. And that is, they are young as a group overall, and they are looking for most bang for the buck. Most, not all, would never spend $300 to $400 a night at a hotel. I wouldn't either at 18-25 years old as I couldn't appreciate what I was paying for. The IS audience is obsessed in the 'bottom line', inordinately so, imo. They look for the best deal, at the LOWEST pridce. It has nothing to do with forum insults, so please don't toss that in my direction.

There are those that find the Fairmont experience a fair value under the right circumstances, myself included. Would I do it all the time? Nope, I couldn't afford it. But in my opinion most IS owners aren't at that level. Most posters here are very focussed on what their experience costs. Fair enough, it is only with more life experience that one can equate value with cost. I'm not trying to incite flames, but there is a difference from the typical LS owner and the IS owner in age, disposable income, and desires. You are kidding yourself to think that at 20-25 years of age you have the same life desires and purchasing power of a 55-60 Lexus customer. Fact is fact, there is no way at the age of 25 you have the life experience of a 55, 60 or 65 yo. Accept it. If you don't believe that you have no idea of the Lexus target market, and how Lexus markets their automobiles. Again, no insult is intended, but the Lexus experience is far, far more than the IS target audience. Open your eyes.

Last edited by Evitzee; 03-07-08 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-08-08, 06:52 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of the responses in this thread really demonstrate how wrapped up people are in money as it relates to self worth. If I ever get to the point where I have to convince faceless strangers on the internet that I am important because of where I buy my clothes or stay on vacation, I'm going to seriously reevaluate my priorities.
Old 03-08-08, 08:03 AM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are insinuating too much which is only going to instigate even more argument... I was just proving the falsehood of his claim of a generalization... which I would have never stated if it weren't for his remark in the first place...

Last edited by inxexisten; 03-08-08 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-08-08, 09:55 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

so i'm not trying to incite a riot either, to me one of the benefits besides the internet friendships and the exchange of knowledge is the fun and entertainment one might find in online [car] forums.

that being said, i find it difficult to believe someone would find value in a stay at the fairmont hotel if they say....bring their own oil to an oil change (sorry i couldn't help it; i really do know why some do it).
Old 03-08-08, 10:22 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow,

I had no idea a simple thread I devised would create such a issue amongst some members (LOL). Some people like to incite riots because they have nothing better to do I guess. I think in a more altruistic humanitarianistic approach that promotes a positive end result. We'll at least we get a free upgrade at the Fairmont Hotels!!!!