Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

My trunk won't open...

Old 12-08-13, 03:12 PM   #31
tex2670
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltynutz View Post
Does anyone read the manuals that come with the car?
Anybody read the date of the OP??
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
tex2670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 03:13 PM   #32
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryEye View Post
Have you tried holding the trunk button that is inside the car for more than two seconds?

Just pressing the button once won't open the trunk, you have to press and hold the button in for about 2-4 seconds
Aside from the fact that the problem was resolved 5 years ago--only the remote button needs to be held down for over 2 seconds--the trunk release inside the car does not.
Old 01-19-14, 09:24 AM   #33
Z0SICK
Driver School Candidate

Lol same problem here.... Nothing seems to work. The beep sounds but nothing releases.... Thoughts?
Z0SICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 08:40 AM   #34
oblivionis
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

Wow, my old thread is still alive Every winter the valet button issue happens to me two, three times. So after 6 years of ownership, I'm sure it's not me, it's the button.
oblivionis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 11:45 PM   #35
xostyle
Driver School Candidate

Default 06 GS300 Trunk is not working

So today was once of my worse days ever. I just started a job with with a construction company and I am a board member for the Little Saigon Foundation. I guess the CEO had made some type of arrangements for them to use tables and canopys for the Lao New Year Festival. I got a call around 10 from some folks asking where Im at and that the tables and tents were suppose to be delivered at 9am. I knew nothing about this collaberation and spent the whole day running around looking to tents and tables. Finally got a hold of tem and dropped them off at the venue. Soon that I noticed that one of my side skirts were damaged from a pot home. FYL right. I got home to get the printed material out of the trunk and it will not open for the life of me. So not really thinking I had pt all the all the marketing materials in the trunk. I tried everything from using the factory keys, the remote,,, > N I had one of thees guyes I found online and he did a ok job. My trunk now no longer close are he got it open. The trunk will not lock completely. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
xostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 07:39 AM   #36
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xostyle View Post
So today was once of my worse days ever. I just started a job with with a construction company and I am a board member for the Little Saigon Foundation. I guess the CEO had made some type of arrangements for them to use tables and canopys for the Lao New Year Festival. I got a call around 10 from some folks asking where Im at and that the tables and tents were suppose to be delivered at 9am. I knew nothing about this collaberation and spent the whole day running around looking to tents and tables. Finally got a hold of tem and dropped them off at the venue. Soon that I noticed that one of my side skirts were damaged from a pot home. FYL right. I got home to get the printed material out of the trunk and it will not open for the life of me. So not really thinking I had pt all the all the marketing materials in the trunk. I tried everything from using the factory keys, the remote,,, > N I had one of thees guyes I found online and he did a ok job. My trunk now no longer close are he got it open. The trunk will not lock completely. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Maybe you want to post this in the GS forum?
Old 07-30-14, 09:04 AM   #37
Adri
Driver School Candidate

Default My car's trunk won't open

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15951 View Post
Push the little valet switch in your glove box.
Thank you!!! That was so helpful!!!
Adri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 09:04 AM

Tags
2006, 250, botton, button, compartment, door, g35, glove, infiniti, key, lexus, open, sc300, switch, trunk, wont, work, working