IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Attitudes

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-08, 12:12 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaWhole9
I know guys who have bought Porsche GT2's and NEVER touch a racetrack....
It's a better street car than an evo or a sti.
Old 02-29-08, 12:19 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

All I can say is I've busted my tail to get where I am and I'm proud of what I drive now. Every car I've had (17 cars at age 41) I've liked in some manner and reflects a certain point in my life. I worked at 14 to drive a used 1980 Trans Am (with Mom's help) at 16 as my second car (first was an 1973 Olds Delta 88). Here's the point: I'll help my kids with their rides when are older with the caveat being they will pay for something (insurance, gas, school, grades, etc.). But there will be a trade off, so if you can drive a IS250 at 20, more power to ya!!! I'm sure you're doing what you need to to reflect that as a reward in your life. We all work hard in some way, my reward to myself has always been driving a nice car.

Don't worry about some a--hole in an Audi being what he is. Worry about yourself and enjoy the spirit the IS-F guy showed you. And I can tell ya, after BMWs, Mustangs, etc. the IS250 is the most enjoyable "ride" I've ever had!!!

Now, about the mortgage business...... holy $%@& !!!!!

My $.02.....

Last edited by rdgdawg; 02-29-08 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-29-08, 02:06 PM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great for him ! Love the Ferrari but prefer the Shelby Cobra. How much does he gives to the poor or good causes like finding the cure for cancer?

For me, there is always social responsibility no matter how much money you have. It's a personal thing and yes, I do give money every month to abuse children institutions.

Best regards,

Warrionex
Old 02-29-08, 03:14 PM
Giggity
Pole Position

Originally Posted by awol707
I live in a decently wealthy town;
O.K., moving on...
"Money doesn't buy happiness."
Aren't you kind of contradicting yourself?
so I recklessly parked my IS250 to catch the person getting out of it.
Could be why R8 guy didn't want to talk to you....
This overly confident (wants people to think he has money) guy steps out of the vehicle. I instantly knew this fool had no game with the ladies, but anyway... I politely say, "Nice ride, first one I've seen around here. Care to show me it?"
This is where it gets Really interesting, maybe he thought you were coming on to him? NO? How do you know if he has "game" or not, how does that have anything to do with what kind of car he drives?
With his lips sealed, he glares at me then squints his eyes in a way that illustrates "That's nice," then he nods his head and continues walking. Not one word came out of this fools mouth. As he walks away slowly...
Maybe he was embarrassed that some kid is hitting on him in the parking lot of Whole foods
To conclude, I received a huge reality check tonight. I looked at myself like, "I hope I don't come off like that R8 owner did towards other people."
Yeah, you kind of are with this whole moment your having with whether or not you deserve a car like this, like what, an entry level Lexus, deflate your ego a bit and look at what other kinds of cars can be had for the same price, it's not exactly a prestigious list.
I'm not trying to put you down or be an A-hOle, just trying to put some perspective on the situation.
Sounds like your a young guy, enjoy it while it lasts, life only gets better and berfore you know it, you'll be running with the big boys too, and perhaps you'll have a bit more humility because of this life experience.
Old 02-29-08, 03:16 PM
Giggity
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
Now, about the mortgage business...... holy $%@& !!!!!
A glimpse into the greed and excess that brought down the sub-prime mortgage business....
Old 02-29-08, 03:36 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

I thought your story was cool! Don’t let some of the thread party poopers ruin it for you (what ever happened to “if you don’t have something good to say, don’t say it”. People are to fast to pounce around here on posts, lots of angry Lexus owners. Good entertainment value!
Old 02-29-08, 03:40 PM
andyboy
Lead Lap

why is there a flat panel BEHIND the Mustang??
Old 02-29-08, 03:58 PM
awol707
Driver

Originally Posted by Giggity
O.K., moving on...

Aren't you kind of contradicting yourself?

Could be why R8 guy didn't want to talk to you....

This is where it gets Really interesting, maybe he thought you were coming on to him? NO? How do you know if he has "game" or not, how does that have anything to do with what kind of car he drives?

Maybe he was embarrassed that some kid is hitting on him in the parking lot of Whole foods

Yeah, you kind of are with this whole moment your having with whether or not you deserve a car like this, like what, an entry level Lexus, deflate your ego a bit and look at what other kinds of cars can be had for the same price, it's not exactly a prestigious list.
I'm not trying to put you down or be an A-hOle, just trying to put some perspective on the situation.
Sounds like your a young guy, enjoy it while it lasts, life only gets better and berfore you know it, you'll be running with the big boys too, and perhaps you'll have a bit more humility because of this life experience.
Ight!

First off - I appreciate the entertaining insight.

Second off - You have a very sickening creative imagination, and no offense, it offends me. As much as I would love to flame you, I am not, because you do raise a unique perspective.

A little fact - No, I was not "coming on to him," and shame on you if this is not the response you expected. I approached him like any car enthusiast would of. I was interested in his R8.

Also, I parked safely, in a recklessly way that wouldn't hurt anyone. I think I may of sped a little bit but that was all. I wasn't bulldozing over cars, cutting pedestrians off, or honking my horn while maneuvering around cars to get a parking spot. The matter of the fact is, I was not even near the R8 when I parked. I parked on the opposite end, because unlike him - I hate parking next to other cars. He picked the spot where his car would get the most attention, go figure.

Also, do me a favor: Speak positively.
Old 02-29-08, 04:30 PM
DaWhole9
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
It's a better street car than an evo or a sti.
Do you do this JUST to contradict me??? I am beginning to think its personal...you GOTTA be kidding me right?....difficult clutch, non adjustable seats, VERY stiff suspension, very low, hard to get in and out...NO back seats, all creature comforts removed (like A/C), etc...I highly doubt ANY stock Evo or STi is worse as a daily driven street car. Oh and no trunk space, no storage, forget about taking a trip (where do you put the luggage?), getting groceries, driving TWO other people, etc....The GT2 (and GT3RS) is a race car thats street legal...some like that, some like the fact that its relatively light, no electronic aids, only 2WD turbo Porsche makes, is exclusive and insanely fast....but does that make a good street car? What does it give you ON THE STREET that makes it better than a TT? NOTHING....so my point was, if you are buying a STREET car, and buy a GT2...you are pretty much wasting $80K, the difference between a TT and GT2. The TT gives you creature comforts, AWD (some dont like it, but with 450HP, its great for keeping the car on the road), back seats, storage space, comfortable suspension, no roll cage to have in the back seats, a hydraulicly assisted clutch like all other Porsches other that the GT2 and GT3 series cars, sunroof oh and A/C...
Old 02-29-08, 04:34 PM
DaWhole9
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andyboy
why is there a flat panel BEHIND the Mustang??
You have not seen the half of it...THE STRIPPER POLE....complete with a Pina Colada scented smoke machine.....I guess the panels are up there so when you drop the cars, you can see TV's? dont know...I'll ask him...lol....

His key chain...LOL
Old 02-29-08, 04:40 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hihi410
i bet he likes to drive the ferrari and the RR....because he would have to move 4 cars just to get to the gallardo!

ok i am just being jealous thats all......i could sleep in that room all day.
Hahaha!!! I could imagine myself on the cold floor with my nap sack just sleeping peacefully with a big smile on my face while sleeping.
Old 02-29-08, 04:43 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

[QUOTE=DaWhole9;3321029]You have not seen the half of it...THE STRIPPER POLE....complete with a Pina Colada scented smoke machine.....I guess the panels are up there so when you drop the cars, you can see TV's? dont know...I'll ask him...lol....

[\QUOTE]

holy hell! I didnt notice the stripper pole! This has changed my plans for my future trophy garage, it GOTS to have a stripper pole!
Old 02-29-08, 04:46 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Gents - if you can't be civil, don't post. This thread will be locked if the personal attacks continue.
Old 02-29-08, 04:54 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

yeah, i would say don't let that bother you. Another thing might be the age. When you are young, it's hard for older people to respect you. Also, if you and him both parked the same time, and he saw you walk out of your lexus, he might be a little laid back, and welling to talk to you, rather than someone just show up from no where and wants to see his car.
Old 02-29-08, 06:11 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaWhole9
Do you do this JUST to contradict me??? I am beginning to think its personal...you GOTTA be kidding me right?....difficult clutch, non adjustable seats, VERY stiff suspension, very low, hard to get in and out...NO back seats, all creature comforts removed (like A/C), etc...I highly doubt ANY stock Evo or STi is worse as a daily driven street car. Oh and no trunk space, no storage, forget about taking a trip (where do you put the luggage?), getting groceries, driving TWO other people, etc....The GT2 (and GT3RS) is a race car thats street legal...some like that, some like the fact that its relatively light, no electronic aids, only 2WD turbo Porsche makes, is exclusive and insanely fast....but does that make a good street car? What does it give you ON THE STREET that makes it better than a TT? NOTHING....so my point was, if you are buying a STREET car, and buy a GT2...you are pretty much wasting $80K, the difference between a TT and GT2. The TT gives you creature comforts, AWD (some dont like it, but with 450HP, its great for keeping the car on the road), back seats, storage space, comfortable suspension, no roll cage to have in the back seats, a hydraulicly assisted clutch like all other Porsches other that the GT2 and GT3 series cars, sunroof oh and A/C...
Actually, I was basing it on an article I read the other day:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...GT2_first_test

'The GT2, in contrast, effortlessly surfs waves of torque, and its control efforts are fluid and easy-at modest speeds, it drives like any other 911. Ride quality in either mode is pain-free (our long-term Mini Cooper S, to name one, is far harsher). The leather seats (there are only two) are wonderfully deep, backed with carbon fiber, and trimmed with rich Alcantara (as is much of the rest of the cabin). Navigation and Bose surround sound are optional. The GT2 even returns 23 mpg on the highway and qualifies as a LEV-II on emissions.'

Sounds like a nice ride to me

Quick Reply: Attitudes