IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Going to Court w/ Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-08, 08:58 PM
jecko714
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ur not gonna win..thank the heavens ur ok and have the dealer ship fix as much as they are responsible for..
Old 01-29-08, 10:12 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile

bippu my ***, now that's VIP-ed like hell. no one beats that negative camber and drop
lol i knew someone was gonna mention that...but the neg camber is serious lol. good luck with the car dude.
Old 01-29-08, 10:44 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove past you but I thought it was a bimmer so I kept driving......glad to see you guys ok.
Old 03-07-08, 06:48 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

so hows the lawsuit coming? lol
Old 03-07-08, 07:50 PM
Jon27
Rookie

I heard lexus apologized and gave him an IS-F
Old 03-07-08, 08:21 PM
neova
Pole Position

wow... glad you're okay. Driving a dark car parked in the middle of the highway at night is a SITTING duck ready to be rear ended.

The lack of relevant details to your situation and many useless info (just tell us your car vibrated on the highway then you found out the studs are gone would have been much more sufficient - i'm sure what tacos you ate and who was in your car didnt' contribute to the studs shearing off the hub unless your rear passenger are 500lbs each! lol)

as said by many others before me, you modded the car, and if anything you should discuss it with Sewell first before going to court. YOur case will be thrown out as frivolous and you've just wasted your lawyer fees.

The only time you could sue Lexus Corp is if you went to a Lexus dealer and installed a set of springs/wheels that are authorized OEM parts (like the eibach springs and G-spyder wheels) which in your case isn't.

good luck
Old 03-07-08, 08:59 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

when I had my 20 inch vossen's and I took them on and off every week while owning them... I managed to crack one of my rear stud's.... this could have been caused by taking the rim on and off numerous times and not torqing them correctly... none the less.... OUCH....

screw Air runner suspension... this is Low enough.
Old 03-07-08, 09:38 PM
ISmy350JDM
Pole Position

damn glad u are okay...wow looks like its VIP bagged...but seriously damn hope everything turns out okay.
Old 03-07-08, 09:57 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i don't understand how lexus is responsible for this. you need clear and convincing evidence for you to win.. especially against Lexus Corps. Do you think your lawyer, maybe 2-3 at most at your firm, win against Lexus Corp? Do you know they have an entire department for these matters with at least 20 lawyers.

i hope you are not doing any malicious prosecution... as you may be charged if you do not have any case at all.
Old 03-07-08, 10:31 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by revitupwio
The only thing I have to add to this is that both my wife and I graduated from SFA - Dec. 05.

Glad you didn't die on 35.
hahhaha too funny.

yeah dude, you have aftermarket wheels you are screwed unless they came from sewell, which i saw mention of that,but never a thread that confirmed this.

The hub centric ring is just for putting the wheel on, once the wheel is tightened to 76lbs then it doesn't play a factor at that point. Please correct me if i am wrong, but all wheel people i have talked to said it's only there to help you mount the wheel. Like a place for the wheel to sit on till you have the lugs tightened.

glad everyone is ok. damn glad that wasn't me, because when i get on the george bush I treat it like the autobahn, and top out my car. it's the only road in dallas that people actually use the left lane for passing only.
Old 03-10-08, 09:54 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Does your lawyer wear a cape?
Old 03-10-08, 01:14 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Glad you're okay! Scary situation. Who ever worked on your wheels last is a moron! Hope everything works out!
Old 03-10-08, 04:04 PM
kitsune
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regardless if Lexus stated that the wheels would work they can argue that it's not a certified Lexus wheel and therefore hold no responsibility as far as damages.

Honestly IMO you're just wasting time and money trying to squeeze a few pennies from the dealer. I hope you're trying to sue the dealer and not Lexus.

It's probably to your benefit to file a claim with your insurance company and have them deal with the issue first than if you have the funds to sue than pursue that route.

FYI if you do sue and loss you just wasted all that time, effort, and especially money on the suit.

If I were you, I would think really long and carefully about trying to sue somebody that most likely has more money and resources than you. Also if it's clear that it's their fault than I would say "yes" sue them. However if liability is unclear than you're just taking a chance.

Mike
Old 03-10-08, 04:33 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

I read your post and none others so I can give my raw opnion. You have aftermarket wheels so its all on you, no war. on that.
Old 03-10-08, 04:39 PM
Belmont
Pole Position

This reminded me of what happened with my wife's 2006 Eclipse before we traded it in.

She had about 2500 miles on the car and was in a parking lot when her wheel fell off. The dealership took full responsibility and launched an investigation and offered to give her a new car. They confirmed it was a build defect. Very scary stuff. I turned down their request for a free car and took the cash and bought her something much more safe.

Quick Reply: Going to Court w/ Lexus