IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Going to Court w/ Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-08, 01:28 PM
Navigatn
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koz
If Lexus rotated the tire you MAY have a case!

Koz

i dont think its possible to get rear offsets mounted up front?
Old 01-29-08, 02:08 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
studs broke when the car was in motion so, that rotor is screwed, probably suspension damage, wheel and tire also, its not going to be cheap
yea maybe..... but I'm still wondering why in one of his pics theres RR written on the rotor. http://sfasu.facebook.com/photo.php?...700766&l=acabc

this happened to me before and all I did was change the studs. same situation, freeway also. but I was lucky enough that it actually popped out when I was exiting to try and check it out. only thing was the heatshield i had to bend back.
Old 01-29-08, 02:10 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

RR = right rear, which is the position on the car that rotor is at
Old 01-29-08, 02:13 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

i know what rr is but why is it there?
Old 01-29-08, 03:16 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I think calling a lawyer right away was probably a dumb move, but if you do want to sue someone, you might want to reconsider posting details on the Internet.

Also, if this does get to arbitration, please leave the tacos and texting details out - you'll lose credibility fast.

Old 01-29-08, 03:27 PM
revitupwio
Driver

The only thing I have to add to this is that both my wife and I graduated from SFA - Dec. 05.

Glad you didn't die on 35.
Old 01-29-08, 03:35 PM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

why is everyone bashing at the tacos part. lol

im also pretty darn certain lexus corp has some damn good lawyers that get paid by the hundred thousands. it doesnt seem like you have a very good case, but we all might be surprised.

go after sewell instead
Old 01-29-08, 04:08 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

better hope your jury doesn't have your citizen peers on it like me. lol
Old 01-29-08, 04:09 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

if it's not negligence, i'm not even sure you can sue them anyway. don't you have to go thru arbitration first? ianal
Old 01-29-08, 04:30 PM
dan206
Pole Position

yup I think this is a lost cause you are gonna get screwed for having the rims.. You should have gone after the people that installed your rims.

D.
Old 01-29-08, 04:32 PM
dan206
Pole Position

also maybe some punkass tried to steal your rims and loosened the bolts.... That happened to my friend and it jacked up his 5 series. I think this is nothing defaulted by the factory.
Old 01-29-08, 06:44 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Hey the pics wont shown the rest..
Old 01-29-08, 07:57 PM
juicius
Driver School Candidate

First off, going to a lawyer does not automatically lead to a lawsuit. With competent legal advice, you preserve evidence that may (may!) later on point to legal liability, which I believe was the lawyer's initial advice. Even if some action (anything from a simple demand letter to a lawsuit) is filed, a vast majority of them end up in some sort of settlement. So I can't fault him for consulting a lawyer in this case.

Complexities of modern jurisprudence no longer lends itself to self-help, even if some vestige still remains in commonly recognized but strenuously discouraged right to act in pro se, for example. You wouldn't operate on yourself. Heck, a sane lawyer wouldn't even represent himself in court.
Old 01-29-08, 08:11 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

man glad to hear everyone is okay and that is scary on the freeway....dammm but my uncle is a lawyer and i asked him about your case and like everyone said you dont got much of anything to fight them. If they are willing to fix it for cheap jump on that they might even do it for free. Talk to swell. Dont jump on going to court. You will be out of a car and having to fix it yourself to make it drive able. Then keep going out to court with Lexus and it goes on forever. I think this case will be drop fast due to your non-Lexus parts. They will fight with you and say these are not Lexus manufactured parts and they will not be held liable for it. My friend had this happen to his honda. He went in for oil change and tire rotation. He had on OEM honda tires they forgot to tighting the oil bolt and one of his front wheel. The car died and the wheel came off. Honda paid for the fix and gave him 5k for his trouble without going to court
Old 01-29-08, 08:31 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how about contacting the wheel shop that put the wheels onto the car? and the suspension shop that lowered the vehicle?

how many miles did the car have before that wheel went "kablooey"?

honestly man, my gut reaction is... "... here's another person trying to blame someone else for something that had nothing to do with them..."

i've been on the receiving end of that and all i could do was throw up my hands, roll my eyeballs, and just think... "wtf?"

and your lawyer... lol. he must be thinking "eh, if he pays me, sure. i don't have anything else going right now and my billable hours are down. - LET'S GO TO COURT!"

Quick Reply: Going to Court w/ Lexus