IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pop noise pulling out of driveways

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-08, 03:49 PM
TAP4636
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pop noise from sun roof RESOLVED!

The issue was from a couple of tabs pointing upward which was unusual, and the glass was making the frame squeek and creek. So they aligned it properly and it's nice and quiet.. LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
Old 01-22-08, 05:21 PM
onepointon
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TAP4636
Pop noise from sun roof RESOLVED!

The issue was from a couple of tabs pointing upward which was unusual, and the glass was making the frame squeek and creek. So they aligned it properly and it's nice and quiet.. LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
Interesting. I will keep an eye out for that. Thanks for the update.
Old 01-22-08, 05:48 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got pops, creaks, rattles. and god knows what else... Well, at least the car looks good.
Old 01-22-08, 07:12 PM
VF84
Pole Position

had a similar thing where the flex in chassis made a pop in the rear area.. . never happened again.
Old 01-22-08, 08:07 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ReLexin
i got pops, creaks, rattles. and god knows what else... Well, at least the car looks good.
Well don't expect a perfect car or near perfect car for $40kish...
Old 01-23-08, 06:57 AM
TAP4636
Rookie

Originally Posted by ReLexin
No way man, get it fixed.
Old 03-18-08, 10:42 AM
shn7926
Driver School Candidate

I have the same exact problem. Dealer gave me the same ole bs... couldn't replicate the noise. said i could bring it back and leave it with them, but for what? i would be interested to know if the sunroof adjustment is something that can be easily done or must it be done by the dealer? this noise is really annoying when passengers comment on it and ask "what was that noise". i do not usually complain, i mean it is a car and not a sound studio, but this noise has got to go. any advise is really appreciated
Old 03-18-08, 10:47 AM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear it too but i don't think mine is comign form the sunroof. Sounds more like the front suspension/front axle area.
Old 03-18-08, 01:15 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrMut
I hear it too but i don't think mine is comign form the sunroof. Sounds more like the front suspension/front axle area.
Yeah me too. When I turn my wheel sometimes, I hear a clicking noise.
Old 03-18-08, 01:22 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shn7926
I have the same exact problem. Dealer gave me the same ole bs... couldn't replicate the noise. said i could bring it back and leave it with them, but for what? i would be interested to know if the sunroof adjustment is something that can be easily done or must it be done by the dealer? this noise is really annoying when passengers comment on it and ask "what was that noise". i do not usually complain, i mean it is a car and not a sound studio, but this noise has got to go. any advise is really appreciated
oil/lube the sun roof seal.
easy temporary fix.
Old 03-18-08, 02:17 PM
greg0723
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have never noticed it yet but man next time i drive imma be looking out for it hope it doesnt happen now that im checking for it lol
Old 03-18-08, 06:42 PM
LILDANTE79
Lexus Test Driver

i just came across this problem two days ago but it didnt seem to come from the sunroof. it sounded like the front suspension, my car has 30k miles and its the first time, i heard it as i was backing out of the drive way and i heard the pop. im not going to be to worried its the first time since i bought the car. i doubt the dealer will resovle it for the simple fact that i have added suspesion mods.
Old 03-19-08, 06:55 AM
shn7926
Driver School Candidate

update... it happens when i have the sunroof open or closed, so i doubt it's the seal. sounds like something is loose up in the roof area near the sunroof. almost like something is slapping up against the metal. i know it's weird but that's the sound. could there be something loose having to do with the sunroof? what else is up there under the headliner. i'm afraid to remove it and screw something up. weirdest part is that it only happens when wheel is turned all the way left or right and going over gutter backing out or pulling into driveway at very slow speed. i can go straight over bumps, potholes, etc.. all day long at any speed and silent. this is a real pita and dealer is useless. i think i know more about the car than they do.
Old 03-20-08, 06:42 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same issue and it appears more now than before. My car is at 47k now and I can only be happy if this is the only issues I have so far. My roof will make a pop noise when ever I angle over a bump or going in/out a tilted drive way. I think I need to test drive with the tech before my warranty is up for good.

Back when I first got my car the dealer did put extra grease in my roof cuz it was making some rattle noise. but not the pop noise is the only noise so far. I wonder when they can do to fix it? take the roof apart?!?! It's like for many of members here that they have to take their dash out to fix the rattle, you think the dealer will have the take the roof off?
Old 03-20-08, 07:17 AM
shn7926
Driver School Candidate

i don't see how they could take the roof off. it's all welded together. they might have to remove the headliner though, so they can get to the sunroof assembly. it has to be something to do with the sunroof. i don't think there is anything else up there between the headliner and roof. please post again when and if anyone gets this problem fixed. it would be a great help to all. thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Pop noise pulling out of driveways