IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pure Bliss 06 Is

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-08, 12:01 AM
*IS350*
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the drop and the way it sits. Nice grille creating looks perfect.
Old 01-14-08, 12:23 AM
blISs 250
Rookie

Originally Posted by VIS250P
Am I right the suspension cost like $6G?
i payed just about 4k for mine. did the install myself, and saved some $$. everything from the suspension, wiring, plumbing, to the custom switch location, was all done by me. the best thing about it, is that if something goes wrong, you know where everythings at, oh and you save money. prior to this, i had no knowledge of installing bags, im glad i had the ***** to go through with it. hahaha. the hardest part about the install was figuring out where you wanna mount your switches, and the gauge. but after you figure that out everything else is a direct bolt on.

if you guys are planing to pick up a kit and need help installing, lmk.
Old 01-14-08, 01:15 AM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

I prefer the step lip actually. It looks smaller but I like how the sun hits them.
Old 01-14-08, 04:50 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

sweet ride! why did you choose air runner over universal air?
Old 01-14-08, 05:08 PM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

ur gangsta stick n air ! props
Old 01-14-08, 11:36 PM
blISs 250
Rookie

Originally Posted by Annalyz
sweet ride! why did you choose air runner over universal air?
thanks
to tell you the truth, i did not do any researching or comparing of the two. but the one thing that won me over is the design of the struts/bags them selves. they use the lexus oem design, just like you'd see on a stock bagged LS. and this design offers you a higher ride height or a lower drop. the best thing about this kit is that it's a direct bolt on. if im not mistaken, (please someone correct me if im wrong) but isn't universal air a "coil over type" bag and you may have to do some moding and or welding to your struts??
im happy with the buy.
Old 01-14-08, 11:46 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I like!
Old 01-14-08, 11:53 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Nice pics. Kinda confusing. VIP styled but a manual. interesting.
Old 01-15-08, 01:37 AM
blISs 250
Rookie

Originally Posted by gman1227
OMG i love ur grill, how did u do that??
Originally Posted by Giggity
grill is gorgeous- how'd you do it?!?!?!
Originally Posted by car_lost
awesome dude! i am loving it.

i'm also curious about the grille
thank you all for your compliments.
it's two grilles put together at the center where i removed the emblem and it's base.
YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS IF YOUR GRILLE IS W/O PRE COLLISION
okay so first, you need to buy a second oem grille, its about $140 list price i believe. got mine below that. (i work at a body shop)
so, we'll call one GRILLE A and the other GRILL B.

GRILLE A:
we'll use this grille as the final product, so keep this clean. first cut out the emblem and its base. cut at the fins, do not cut this grille in half, leave the perimeter in place. there are a total of 9 fins that we will be replacing. where the end of the emblem base meets the first full fin make your first cut on that middle horizontal brace that supports the fins at the middle. do the same on the other side. now at the top of the emblem try to cut as close as you can to the perimeter cutting through all 9 fins. do the same at the bottom. the base should be free. then clean up what's left of the 9 fins.

GRILLE B:
we'll use this grill to replace the 9 fins that we took off. you may cut this grille any way you want, to get the fins out. you will need the 4 fins thats closest to the base on the left and right side of the base, totaling 8. however you will need to keep its full length. the 9th fin will come from the left or right side closest to the 4 fins taken out. this will be the center fin (9th). it's important keep these fins in order do so by numbering them with tape. because they will be going back in the way you took them off, except your just locating them in the center where you removed the base.

ASSEMBLY: GRILLE A
measure the fin positions and make sure each and everyone of them are centered to each other. make any cuts needed to fit fins in place. just don't over cut the fins. glue them in place using 3M super glue then melt them in place on the back side. for a cleaner look continue removing the middle horizontal brace that supports the fins in the middle. finally, prep the grille for paint. <-- painted mine a jet black, 2 stage base and clear.

good luck with the project

-seL
Old 01-15-08, 01:49 AM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blISs 250
thanks
to tell you the truth, i did not do any researching or comparing of the two. but the one thing that won me over is the design of the struts/bags them selves. they use the lexus oem design, just like you'd see on a stock bagged LS. and this design offers you a higher ride height or a lower drop. the best thing about this kit is that it's a direct bolt on. if im not mistaken, (please someone correct me if im wrong) but isn't universal air a "coil over type" bag and you may have to do some moding and or welding to your struts??
im happy with the buy.
cool! i'm a blonde, when it comes to air suspension... installing my coilovers was a project! the thought of running air lines... omg, suicidal!

btw, stup!d question... can you pass the reconstruction inspection with your set up?
Old 01-15-08, 02:13 AM
blISs 250
Rookie

Originally Posted by Annalyz
i'm a blonde, when it comes to air suspension... installing my coilovers was a project! the thought of running air lines... omg, suicidal!

btw, stup!d question... can you pass the reconstruction inspection with your set up?
i was a blonde, too. i didn't know anything about bags until i installed them. well if you ever think about picking up a kit and you need help lmk.

yes! all you need to do is get an alignment done. witch i don't fully understand, cuz the ride height is adjustable, so when you lower/raise your car you lose the alignment, well the camber at least. but from what i understand, D.O.T. is always changing the requirements and it states that any changes done to your suspension, its required that you get an alignment done. so yes they do recon bags now.

-seL
Old 01-15-08, 06:43 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very very nice!!!! I wish I had the hawaiian climate to not have to deal with snow so i can lower mine (LOL)!!!
Old 01-15-08, 06:56 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All nice work...and the Grill is the cleanest I've seen!
Great job.
Old 01-15-08, 10:30 AM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow thats sweet!
Old 01-15-08, 11:19 AM
1_alterdis
Pole Position

Default wuv it

Now I want to go spend another 5k and do mine , nah but it looks hott!

Quick Reply: Pure Bliss 06 Is