IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

A Very Unpleasant Surprise...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-08, 04:22 PM
xerxes717
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that's terrible luck.. I'm sorry dude, hope things work out for you. You definitely didn't deserve this.
Old 01-10-08, 04:53 PM
ghettoaww
Lead Lap

That really sucks and my damage was nothing compared to yours. I hope you catch the punk that did it. It's odd though that your accident happended when you parked it on the street for the first time. For me it was the first time I decided to drive my buddies around since they were complaining i never drove. Keep us posted on the repairs.
Old 01-10-08, 07:01 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gernby
Are you certain about the $2K deductible? I would expect this to be covered under comprehensive just like any other damage that occurs to a car while not being driven.
I'll verify with my insurance company to be certain, but I'm pretty sure that a parked car hit by a moving car still falls under collision coverage. Comprehensive would come into play if I was hit by an animal, foreign object, hail, etc.
Old 01-10-08, 07:11 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Scottina08
ahhhh man.....so sorry! You are going to have to find the culprit. The cops will do nothing unless you throw it in their lap. Good Luck and be diligent!
I would love nothing more than to play part-time P.I. and try and find this dolt, but between work and kids, I barely have enough time to handle what's already on my plate. I'm at the cops mercy in pursuing this, unfortunately.
Old 01-10-08, 07:27 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

...... terrible just terrible .....
Old 01-10-08, 07:47 PM
DevJ
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THAT SUCKS.
Someone hit my car in almost the exact spot...but it wasn't as bad

my damage = 3,500+

Yours looks worse than mine man, i feel your pain
Old 01-10-08, 08:59 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That sucks man. My SC got hit the same exact way in front of my house too. Sucks because mine was hit during the day some time between a 4 hours period where my car was parked and I had went with a few friends. My damage was no where near the extent of those shown on here, but still pissed me off no less.
Old 01-11-08, 06:38 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxberry
I'll verify with my insurance company to be certain, but I'm pretty sure that a parked car hit by a moving car still falls under collision coverage. Comprehensive would come into play if I was hit by an animal, foreign object, hail, etc.
Please do let us know. My understanding is that collision covers things that are the driver's fault, and comprehensive covers things that aren't. I do know from experience that comprehensive covers vandalism and theft [in Texas].
Old 01-11-08, 08:29 AM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Please do let us know. My understanding is that collision covers things that are the driver's fault, and comprehensive covers things that aren't. I do know from experience that comprehensive covers vandalism and theft [in Texas].
Will do, but I checked my policy last night and my comprehensive deductible is $2,000 as well, so either way I'll be forking that out.
Old 01-11-08, 09:18 AM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Will do, but I checked my policy last night and my comprehensive deductible is $2,000 as well, so either way I'll be forking that out.
Foxberry,

Very sorry to see this. I find this type of "hit and run" to be abhorrent, erroneous, and unprofessional. Just plain ludicrous.

I am curious however - why is your deductible so high?? $2,000 can leave you in a cantankerous position for most incidents.

If you'd like to borrow a car, let me know. I'll have it shipped.

Cheers.
Old 01-11-08, 09:19 AM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

I would love nothing more than to play part-time P.I. and try and find this dolt, but between work and kids, I barely have enough time to handle what's already on my plate. I'm at the cops mercy in pursuing this, unfortunately.
My friend Gus uses a reputable P.I., and I believe he is in your area. Let me know if you're interested, and I will set it all up.

Cheers.
Old 01-11-08, 09:46 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Wow. I've never heard of a deductible that high before, and can't imagine why anyone driving such a cheap car would want one that high.
Old 01-11-08, 09:58 AM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Wow. I've never heard of a deductible that high before, and can't imagine why anyone driving such a cheap car would want one that high.
CHEAP??? This car ain't cheap for me, maybe to Wid IS350! LOL. It's been a few years since I've even looked at the auto policy, but I'm sure that when I first initiated the policy way back, I just quickly went thru and checked off all the highest deductibles. Should probably go back and revisit some of these deductibles and coverage levels.
Also, I just spoke to NJM (ins. co.) - a parked car getting hit by a moving car falls under collision.
Old 01-11-08, 10:22 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

CHEAP??? This car ain't cheap for me, maybe to Wid IS350! LOL. It's been a few years since I've even looked at the auto policy, but I'm sure that when I first initiated the policy way back, I just quickly went thru and checked off all the highest deductibles. Should probably go back and revisit some of these deductibles and coverage levels.
Also, I just spoke to NJM (ins. co.) - a parked car getting hit by a moving car falls under collision.
High deductibles are for people that have plenty of discretionary income, and would rather save a few bucks on premiums over the long haul than worry about scrounging up cash when something unexpected happens. To me, that kind of person would view a $40K car as "cheap".
Old 01-11-08, 10:59 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

curse of the SGM!!!
the majority of the accident threads ive seen since i have been here have been SGMs

Quick Reply: A Very Unpleasant Surprise...