IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Muffler delete IS350

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-17, 04:39 AM
ascer
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face Muffler delete IS350

Hey everyone, I'm new here, and from Australia (obligatory G'day). I own a beautiful White 2011 IS350 F-Sport! I apologize in advance if this is something I shouldn't be posting, however, I do require some assistance.

I was wondering if anyone here has done/heard a muffler delete on an IS350. The reason I ask is because based off some videos I've seen, I'd like to do it myself because I personally think it sounds great, and of course because it's cheap. The only thing holding me back is the drone, and how loud it is in reality. I recently did a resonator delete and I feel it did basically nothing, so I'm wanting to throw that back on, and try the mufflers next. I know the sound is subjective, but I did have an exhaust on my previous car (your Acura TSX with an Invidia Q300) and it didn't bother me at all.

Would anyone be able to give me a more detailed answer with this? I've read and looked online all I could but have been unable to get the answer I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot guys!
Old 10-11-17, 11:49 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,482 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Mine is stock but a YouTube search may get you closer. Or do an advanced search here with video and muffler delete.
Good luck. Perhaps do your own audio now for before and after??
Old 10-11-17, 03:25 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Some people will go to a valved exhaust that will bypass your mufflers at the flick of a switch or push of a button. This is a more sensible option then just fully removing your mufflers as I'm sure the noise would be unbearable all the time
Old 10-12-17, 11:47 PM
ascer
Driver School Candidate

My searches through this forum couldn't get me the answer I was looking for unfortunately. The videos of the muffler delete didn't sound "unbearably' loud, so I'm hoping anyone here that has done it can let me know.

What would you guys recommend for a nice sound (that you can actually hear) that doesn't drone (a lot)? Is the F-Sport intake any good? I'm trying to find an F-Sport catback but unfortunately they aren't sold here in Aus so it's difficult to find one second hand.
Old 10-13-17, 03:39 AM
gamma113
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ascer
My searches through this forum couldn't get me the answer I was looking for unfortunately. The videos of the muffler delete didn't sound "unbearably' loud, so I'm hoping anyone here that has done it can let me know.

What would you guys recommend for a nice sound (that you can actually hear) that doesn't drone (a lot)? Is the F-Sport intake any good? I'm trying to find an F-Sport catback but unfortunately they aren't sold here in Aus so it's difficult to find one second hand.
I have F-Sport intake. well with getting. Its one of the loudest and nicest intake sound for our is350. Throaty sounds comes on after 2.5k RPM. Almost like ISF.

Very difficult to find aftermarket cat back exhaust system in Aus. Due to lack of demand and fewer people modding their is350. Most people would just buy a ISF instead. If you want nice exhaust with minimal drone: for quiet go for Tanabe axle back or FSport axle back. Both are high quality exhaust system. Fsport is more expensive than Tanabe. Tanabe give you a nice deep tone hums. For louder option with minimal drone and nice sound will be invidia midpipe pair with either tanabe or fsport. I wouldn't suggest muffler delete. It's too loud and too drony. All of my mates did muffler delete on their is350 regretted doing it and they end up reverting it back to stock. Value for money will be tanabe +- invidia midpipe. I got mine from ebay. After paying tax and shipping is still way cheaper than buying from aus shop.

Good luck to your exhaust modding.
Old 10-13-17, 11:35 AM
iJHolmes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a lot of videos with muffler deletes on youtube. It doesn't sound as loud as you think. Probably manageable from the inside.
Old 10-13-17, 11:16 PM
ascer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gamma113
I have F-Sport intake. well with getting. Its one of the loudest and nicest intake sound for our is350. Throaty sounds comes on after 2.5k RPM. Almost like ISF.

Very difficult to find aftermarket cat back exhaust system in Aus. Due to lack of demand and fewer people modding their is350. Most people would just buy a ISF instead. If you want nice exhaust with minimal drone: for quiet go for Tanabe axle back or FSport axle back. Both are high quality exhaust system. Fsport is more expensive than Tanabe. Tanabe give you a nice deep tone hums. For louder option with minimal drone and nice sound will be invidia midpipe pair with either tanabe or fsport. I wouldn't suggest muffler delete. It's too loud and too drony. All of my mates did muffler delete on their is350 regretted doing it and they end up reverting it back to stock. Value for money will be tanabe +- invidia midpipe. I got mine from ebay. After paying tax and shipping is still way cheaper than buying from aus shop.

Good luck to your exhaust modding.
Thanks heaps for that!! Exact answer I was looking for I think I'll just go for the F-Sport intake for now and keep my resonator delete, it isn't too bad after all.