IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

POS Lexus All Weather Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-08, 05:27 PM
Cleric
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RHS7787
When I get around too it I will snap a pic of my moms two year old GX. Her heal went through the mats and the carpet below. She was pissed.
Yep, my mats don't look like they will last another winter season. My all weather mats are used only during the winter months and I can already tell the driver's mat will eventually have a hole where the right heel is normally placed. Decent quality? Perhaps, but that doesn't mean much when durability is so poor it results in having to throw them away every other year. Additionally, since we are forced to purchase mats in sets and not individually I can only assume toyota and their suppliers are more than happy to sell us something we have to replace every 24 months if we want only the "best" in quality.

Last edited by Cleric; 01-02-08 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-01-08, 07:36 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whether or not the mats are considered to be good "quality", why is everyone making a big deal of this.

Floormats are made to serve one main purpose: PROTECT THE CARPET UNDERNEATH. So, although expensive because they have the lexus name, I would much rather wear a hole in my mats and replace them every other year or so rather than have wear marks, holes, and/or stains in my floor carpet.

IMO, it's money well spent, whether it be spent once a year or once every 5.

BTW, for the person wanting a picture, I remember seeing a thread on CL that had a picture a few months ago, but don't remember who's post it was.
Old 01-01-08, 10:00 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

just checked my mats and its ripped alittle so far. about 2 years into it.
Old 01-01-08, 11:03 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

better buy them now from Sewell since the older part #'s are on sale..

FYI, there is a new part # for the 2IS All Weather Mats and they are also $15.00 more now.

I wounder will the quality be better for the new part #......
Old 01-02-08, 04:07 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Koz
One year old and the driver's side is worn through! Don't waste your money.

Koz
Make them replace it.
Old 01-02-08, 05:50 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I will ask for a replacement next trip to the stealer's. I'm down to the little things (driver's wiper hitting the window frame and the rear window defroster is not working).

Koz
Old 01-02-08, 05:33 PM
zardoth
Rookie

After reading this thread I checked my all weather mats and my driver side front mat has a hole in it right where the heel goes. Lasted about 6 months, pretty short if you ask me.

I'm going to bring it up the next time I take my car in and see if I can get a replacement, 6 months doesn't seem very long at all

Edit: grammar/spelling
Old 01-02-08, 05:54 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

I still don't get this. I wear steel-toed work boots in my car every day. The heel of the boot is wearing before the mat.

Are you all wearing hard/leather-soled dress shoes? Are the ladies wearing heels?
Old 01-02-08, 07:21 PM
brel523
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OK, time to chime in as well. I've had my set for about 15 months and about 6 months into it mine started to wear a hole at the heal of the drivers side.

Only after carefully analyzing how I entered and exited the car did I find out it that driving was not causing the problem. When exiting I tend to open the door, put my left foot outside the car and push off with the heal of my right foot at an angle. This rubs those channels at an angle and easily bends them and over a short period of time breaks them off.

Since then I've changed the amount of pressure I put on the mat when exiting and sometimes scoot my right foot closer to the door before exiting.

I found I do the same thing(in reverse) but to a less degree when entering the driver side. Right foot goes in near gas pedal at angle then everything else comes in.

Anyway, that's how mine got their holes.
Old 01-02-08, 07:39 PM
axis77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i think we can all agree that its the amount of pressure we use on our right foot, when exiting and entering but..wheres the durability?? and sure we can just order new ones but you have to order all of them again...i dont want 2 sets of passenger, and rear mats....man this sucks....
Old 01-03-08, 06:24 AM
Koz

I would never buy these mats again. We can analyze the cause all we want but fact is these mats are poorly designed when it comes to durability. I have Costco rubber mats in a 98 Taco that have over 100K miles of use and are still OK, so this is NOT a question of how they are used. If the stealer is willing to replace them at no cost I will continue to use them. I will not invest another dime into JUNK!

How about a 100 year warranty?

http://www.nulime.com/2006-2007-Lexu...r-Mats/p224254

Koz
Attached Thumbnails POS Lexus All Weather Floor Mats-floor-mats.jpg  
Old 01-03-08, 06:59 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can agree that the oem lexus mats do not work for everyone. some will find them to be junk because they are hard on mats and may wear them out quickly while others thru normal usage find them more than adequate and quite useful. if you need more durability, by all means, go out and get that. not necessary to berate what you can't use what doesn't work for you.
Old 01-03-08, 07:46 AM
Koz

Originally Posted by kensteele
i can agree that the oem lexus mats do not work for everyone. some will find them to be junk because they are hard on mats and may wear them out quickly while others thru normal usage find them more than adequate and quite useful. if you need more durability, by all means, go out and get that. not necessary to berate what you can't use what doesn't work for you.
It seems that these mats don't work for many people. Sorry if you think I'm being a little hard on the OEM mats but I have never worn out a mat that fast and I would think that it's a very good indication that they are not worth their cost. In my personal opinion, they are JUNK!

Koz
Old 01-03-08, 12:42 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

My issue is the cost vs durability.

For the amount you pay vs buying cheap mats that will fit similarly the value just isn't there. Lexus should be providing a quality and long lasting product not something that cannot stand up to the exact conditions that it should be able to withstand easily. Sure some people are easier on mats than others but at this price they should be able to take all comers.

That's the issue.
Old 01-03-08, 02:23 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CoasterG
My issue is the cost vs durability.

For the amount you pay vs buying cheap mats that will fit similarly the value just isn't there. Lexus should be providing a quality and long lasting product not something that cannot stand up to the exact conditions that it should be able to withstand easily. Sure some people are easier on mats than others but at this price they should be able to take all comers.

That's the issue.
I'm going to make one more point, and then I'll stop with my opinions:

What about the Bridgestone RE050 tires that are on the car, or any other ultra-high performance tire???? They cost a *relatively* substantial amount of money compared to other tires and they don't have very good longevity (low mileage ratings), yet they do a very good job with grip.

The mats are really no different. As discussed previously, they cost a relatively substantial amount of money compared to other mats and they don't have good longevity (in this case they wear out quickly), but THEY TOO HAVE GOOD "PERFORMANCE". How so, you're thinking....
1) they look very nice compared to generic mats (IMO)
2) they have very thick channels, which means that it will hold more stuff without leak-over
3) they have a perfect fit.

So, I just consider them a wear and tear item like the tires. Also, I consider the amount of wear-and-tear saved on the regular carpet or the carpeted mats.

Quick Reply: POS Lexus All Weather Floor Mats