IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

POS Lexus All Weather Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-07, 10:48 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I reported this in another thread a few weeks ago. Yeah they're really soft and thin for all weather mats. Mine became worn through all the way to the carpet where the heel pivots. I told my service manager that the mats are only about a year old and that even my cheap Costco all weather mats that I paid 30 bucks for on my other car are still in perfect condition. Those Costco mats are over 5 yrs old too. I asked him if there's any warranty on floor mats because I paid over 100 something bucks for them and for the mats to be worn out already is just totally BS. He just replaced my mats no questions asked. I'm really dissapointed at the mats but the service manager was awesome. You guys should complain maybe they'll give you a new set too.
Old 01-01-08, 04:44 AM
mrericlee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use 3M customized car mats cos they're great!
Old 01-01-08, 09:50 AM
Zeus69
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Are we all talking about the same Lexus OEM all-weather rubber mats with the sculpted channels?? I bought my car a couple of weeks ago and negotiated that they be "thrown in". I always get all weather mats on my cars and haven't had problems with other dealer installed versions. These didn't seem cheaper or thinner in any way.

I actually went out to the garage and checked them after reading this thread. I have a hard time believing that someone's heel can burrow through to the carpet. I mean, how heavy, big are your guys/gals feet ?

Oh well, guess I'll find out and report back... At least they were "free".
Old 01-01-08, 10:25 AM
axis77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know i thought the same thing, how could these mats rip? they are sooo thick and heavy but its true , mine ripped actually less than a year of having them, so i just put a clear mat underneath so my heel doesnt rip my carpet, but im thinking of calling my dealership and see what they say...im thinking they wont replace because its just wear n tear...
Old 01-01-08, 11:17 AM
mofogasm
Pole Position

i've had mine for over 2 years and i haven't had any issues like that. You guys must be stomping on the pedals.
Old 01-01-08, 11:17 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

I ripped through my driver's side mat in about 10 months. Injured my achilles tendon on my right leg so I had a huge knee down boot on which I drove with, mat wore through so fast.

While it looks tough, its not - the rubber/vinyl is soft and wears quickly.

Ended up buying another set, anyone need the passenger side plus 2 rear mats cheap? Lol.
Old 01-01-08, 11:45 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

yeah, it's all about the driver. the quality of the mats are just fine.

i'd like to see pics if you can post them. would be interesting to see a hole clear thru one of these mats lol.
Old 01-01-08, 11:50 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CoasterG
I ripped through my driver's side mat in about 10 months. Injured my achilles tendon on my right leg so I had a huge knee down boot on which I drove with, mat wore through so fast.

While it looks tough, its not - the rubber/vinyl is soft and wears quickly.

Ended up buying another set, anyone need the passenger side plus 2 rear mats cheap? Lol.
Depends on how cheap. haha

My friend step on some poop and I threw my passenger mat away because I was too lazy to clean it.
Old 01-01-08, 12:23 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my all weather mats.
Old 01-01-08, 02:31 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kensteele

i'd like to see pics if you can post them. would be interesting to see a hole clear thru one of these mats lol.
No it's not all about the driver and the quality of the mats are not fine. I have had several sets of all weather mats in other cars and none wore through as fast as these. This is a problem with these lexus mats not the driver.
Old 01-01-08, 02:36 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ba-b4
No it's not all about the driver and the quality of the mats are not fine. I have had several sets of all weather mats in other cars and none wore through as fast as these. This is a problem with these lexus mats not the driver.
I got these really think clear mat from Target for 10$ a piece and have been using it for 2 years. Still looks fine to me.
Old 01-01-08, 03:13 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Because as we all know all weather mat failure is directly related to the driver not the soft, cheap rubber they use.

I tossed it out a few months ago else I'd love to show you a huge hole through the area underneath the heel.
Old 01-01-08, 03:15 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by STIG
I got these really think clear mat from Target for 10$ a piece and have been using it for 2 years. Still looks fine to me.
Yeah I think the thin clear mats are better for durability because they're a harder plastic/rubber whereas the all weather Lexus mats are pencil eraser head soft rubber. Even though my service manager gave me a second set of mats free I think they're going to wear out just as fast as my first set. I think I'm going to buy a set of cheap thin clear plastic mats to put under my all weathers for when it does.
Old 01-01-08, 03:41 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

so do you guys use these mats all year long and just during the winter months?

does anyone have pics?

didn't mean "the driver" should have said "the person."

i forgot how sensitive you guys are. lol
Old 01-01-08, 04:24 PM
RHS7787
Driver School Candidate

When I get around too it I will snap a pic of my moms two year old GX. Her heal went through the mats and the carpet below. She was pissed.

Quick Reply: POS Lexus All Weather Floor Mats