26.01%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Clear bra... What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-08, 03:37 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great investment. Like people say, there are pros and cons and it really all is preferance.

Overall your better to by safe than sorry. I guess if you only drive your car on the weekend then its not for you. If you live in areas where roads are cluttered with crap then its probably a good idea.
Old 01-14-08, 06:03 PM
Wish
Pole Position

I got ventureshiled for almost 6 month and then I removed it.
it turned yellow and when my car is dusty it's very obvious. I admit it saved my car from alot of rocks but still I hate the dusty look on the car.

I wasted almost 600$
Old 01-15-08, 07:05 PM
wawawa
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wish
I got ventureshiled for almost 6 month and then I removed it.
it turned yellow and when my car is dusty it's very obvious. I admit it saved my car from alot of rocks but still I hate the dusty look on the car.

I wasted almost 600$
turned yellow after 6 months wow, that's quick. What brand was your clear bra material?
Old 01-26-08, 10:58 AM
Lex Law
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wish
I got ventureshiled for almost 6 month and then I removed it. it turned yellow and when my car is dusty it's very obvious. I admit it saved my car from alot of rocks but still I hate the dusty look on the car.
Originally Posted by wawawa
turned yellow after 6 months wow, that's quick. What brand was your clear bra material?
He got VentureShield, just like Koz. My dealer never had a problem with LLumar, and preferred it to 3M.

VentureShield? c'mon...
Old 01-26-08, 05:11 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hrmmm i've had my ventureshild installed from aerotect for a month now and there's no signs of any yellowing or anything...
Old 01-26-08, 06:16 PM
dentpusher
Pole Position

Venture had a problem with that on the older non-coated film. The new Ultra film seems to be holding up better. Still a little early to tell but its doing well so far. Venture is also a 3M company now as well.

On a white car they will all show a little yellow to them. Its just the nature of urethane. A slight yellow tint is much better than hundreds of rock chips.

Most clear bras will last a long time if taken care of. Meaning washing and waxing on a regular basis. If you have a clear bra that looks bad than chances are it was not taken care of. I have seen some that are 4 years old and look great. I have also seen some that are less then a year old and they look terrible. Full of stains and dull. This is due to not maintaining the film.

Ebay kits should be avoided. In most cases they fit bad and 98% of them are not even paint protection film. It is a film made for signs and can damage the paint if installed and left on. There is a reason they are so cheap.

When you get a clear bra ask if they wrap the edges. If not find someone else. Not only does it not look as good but you will get chips on the leading edge of the hood. More visible seams as well. Just a cheap way to do it.

99% of the time a clear bra will always be cheaper than a repaint.. It is also much easier to keep clean and get the bugs off as well. I find that most people that have had them and dont like them have had one of two things happen. They got a bad install and it looked terrible or they didn't take care of it.
Old 01-26-08, 09:23 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i was talking to Francisco at aerotect today about the problems with there old rolls of ventureshield. They used to send back alot of rolls as rejects. Apparently it had a tendency leave strange lines under the film. So it looks like the paint isn't smooth since it leaves a slight bump. But now the new film is less susceptible to such defects.
Old 01-27-08, 11:03 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Won't do it I'm not that **** about my car.
Old 01-27-08, 11:44 AM
rocampo
Driver

mind its not clear bra i have mind done at the body shop its called armor paint..
Old 01-27-08, 02:02 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

ive had it on my car since i first got it . . . kinda starting to bug me though. just dont get the shine, etc after a while. Ill prob remove mine after this winter.
Old 01-28-08, 08:03 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

Picked up my car and took it straight to Francisco over @ Aerotect. No regrets here. Mine still looks as good as when it was first put on, but I do wash and Plexus it every week.
Old 01-29-08, 09:04 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

I had Llumar installed on my LS460 at my local dealer and have had numerous issues with the mirrors peeling at the edges etc. My main issue is how easily the film gets dinged on the front bumper with just a few miles. I have decided to remove it and go with 3M.

I have had 3M on my GX470 for two years plus and do not even have one ding. I think the 3M product is just a better quality film.

Last edited by alsilverbullet; 01-29-08 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-29-08, 11:28 AM
Mystery_is
Driver

My car is getting this installed as soon as it hits the lot

my friend that does them on the side works for Lexus
Old 02-08-08, 11:00 AM
1HottLex
Rookie

I've been debating it....I think i'm going to go ahead and purchase one. Its a good investment.
Old 02-09-08, 12:28 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

For those that have it, how does it look on a black car? I like to polish and wax my car and will be getting it on my IS F including all around the windshield. Will there be a huge noticeable difference between the shine or will this happen over time?

This will determine how much I go on the hood and above the windshield edge. I want to protect as much as I can, but not have it where the colors are offset.

This is the first time I will be getting one. Also, if you do decide to remove it in a few years, will there be a color offset (i.e. like bra)? Is the application also UV protection? I would think it would make a difference if so.

Quick Reply: Clear bra... What do you think?