IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
Old 12-15-14, 11:24 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Help with search for DIY+change+citylights (aka parking lights)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-07, 10:26 PM
italiandud
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya thats what i thought, i guess the guy didnt understand what i told him. thanks again man... should i get the same leds for the courtesy lights you think?
Old 12-12-07, 10:27 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taylorjste
looks awesome comb.. i'll be ordering city lights this week.. (see link below for another option) hopefully i won't have any issues having park place turn off my DRLs.. by the way, in all the pics but the last one it looks like your chrome grill bezel is color matched..

i have the hoen xenonmatch fog light bulbs and they match the OEM hid's perfectly.. i might try out their city light led's.. check em out.

http://hoen-usa.com/city2.htm
sorry taylor I just saw this. No, bezel is stock it just looks that way because of the flash used.

Those hoen's look interesting.
Old 12-12-07, 11:19 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL so comb, hows your car look at nite now? For all you ppl looking that this thread, the pics dont do justice to how they look irl.

The other nite i was comming out of waimanalo towards enchanted lake (that means nothing to da mainlanders but that person might lurk here) and on this highway run going the opposite direction was a TWIN of my car, same lite setup AND same color car. I was like wow thats how my car looks to others
Old 12-13-07, 07:59 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by italiandud
ya thats what i thought, i guess the guy didnt understand what i told him. thanks again man... should i get the same leds for the courtesy lights you think?
I used the same ones for my sideview/puddle lights, but personally think the stock bulbs do a better job of actually lighting up the ground. If that makes sense. Like the 5smt led's look good color wise, but they still don't light up the ground as much as the stock bulbs. I would maybe try those porlag bulbs
Old 12-13-07, 08:16 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Nice DIY guys, I added it to the FAQ
Old 12-13-07, 10:53 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
LOL so comb, hows your car look at nite now? For all you ppl looking that this thread, the pics dont do justice to how they look irl.

The other nite i was comming out of waimanalo towards enchanted lake (that means nothing to da mainlanders but that person might lurk here) and on this highway run going the opposite direction was a TWIN of my car, same lite setup AND same color car. I was like wow thats how my car looks to others

I really haven't had a chance to see it at night yet. I only drive it once or twice a week and it's been raining here, so I don't drive at all in the rain. I need to take a look at the changes though.

I mainly did it because I have my DRL's turned off as part of my lexus personal settings. So during the day when i am driving around all that showed was those ugly stock citylights. Now with the 5smt led's it looks much better.
Old 12-13-07, 08:50 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i used 5smt leds for my puddles.. when its pitch dark.. i think it lights the area better than factory. but when your in an area that has some lights... the led blends and its not that noticable due to the light polution.
Old 12-13-07, 09:12 PM
italiandud
Lead Lap

just ordered my new 194 led bulbs off of vleds.com... How long did it take for them to arrive to you guys?
Old 12-13-07, 10:35 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by italiandud
just ordered my new 194 led bulbs off of vleds.com... How long did it take for them to arrive to you guys?
I live in hawaii but the mainland guys get it in a few days.
Old 12-30-07, 04:15 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Im planning to do the same thing, i just dont know what to order. Do you guys think a bluer LED will look good on black?
Old 01-12-08, 09:04 PM
Rehab_Pain
Rookie

just tried to do this mod and as i was putting it back in, the led fell out and it is in the engine bay somewhere i can't get it. Not to mention i broke like three of those tabs that hold the engine covers down. all in all a very frustrating night, but i shall persevere to mod another day, once i order new lights.

Last edited by Rehab_Pain; 01-12-08 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-12-08, 10:21 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Yeah i had one of my engine bay tabs fall down somewhere in my engine bay. Have never found it either.
Old 01-12-08, 10:33 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i got mine changed. it took me about 45 mins to do so. I didnt know that the window wiper fluid tube came out. The hardest part is putting back the drivers side cover. IMO
Old 01-14-08, 09:15 AM
mikeho
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rehab_Pain
just tried to do this mod and as i was putting it back in, the led fell out and it is in the engine bay somewhere i can't get it. Not to mention i broke like three of those tabs that hold the engine covers down. all in all a very frustrating night, but i shall persevere to mod another day, once i order new lights.
Originally Posted by combfilter
Yeah i had one of my engine bay tabs fall down somewhere in my engine bay. Have never found it either.
lol... me too. Be careful! Those tabs cost $1+ a piece!
Old 06-09-08, 12:24 PM
lfeharri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I have an IS F, and I think this shoudl be the same way i access my low beam and parking lights? Can someone confirm?

Also, are there people/shops in the Southern California area that can do this (for a charge of course)? If so, please PM me!

Quick Reply: Help with search for DIY+change+citylights (aka parking lights)