IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Black roof? Done.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-07, 03:21 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Koofteh
Sorry but I think that's rice... black roofs are black because they're made of carbon fibre, and even those are ricey to me.
I've got news for you buddy... Most black roofs you see on the road are not carbon fiber - they're cars equipped with panoramic roofs. I decided to do this because it looks nice, and doesn't hinder performance or safety at all.

You're more than welcome like my mod or not like it - I couldn't care less what you think. I would, however, strongly suggest you think twice before insulting other people's cars by calling them "rice"... especially a moderator on this very forum that has been extremely vocal about posting with maturity and respect towards one another...
Originally Posted by Robs IS250
ah stop hating.... i love it... one question tho... did they get the inside of the sunroof... hence when its open you dont see the white....

i saw a white is250 today with the black roof n he had his sunroof open and i think he forgot to mention to get that painted... lol
You saw a white 250 with a black roof? Damn, I thought I was the first...
Originally Posted by cspec
I am interested in this too.
I can't open the sunroof today - it's still drying. I'll take more photos later so you guys can see.

Javier
Old 11-11-07, 03:23 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont worry your car was alot btter lol... his door was all scraped n it looked like he got white out and tried to retouch a circle that was about 6" in diameter and he had ugly old asantis lol....

btw i saw a white 2IS with the Wald full it AND asantis yesterday...

drool
Old 11-11-07, 03:24 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

all I can say is wow that is nice!!!!
I think I will do this mod, to my tungsten pearl
Old 11-11-07, 03:27 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

im going to do this mod now FOR sure...

only if i wasnt getting my hks hi power n eibachs right now....
Old 11-11-07, 03:36 PM
Koofteh
Pole Position

I wasn't insulting you, I was stating my opinion. If you can't take criticism, which by the way wasn't rude or anything like that, then kindly don't post pictures of your car on the internet. A mod like this is obviously going to be a love it/hate it type of thing.

I've always thought black roofs were ugly (even on the new M3/M6) and ruined the look of the car, and that's all this is.

Don't take it so personally... being a mod should make you more understanding and less pissy, not the exact opposite. You wanna go on a power trip and ban me even though I broke no rules? Go ahead, see if I give a flying circus.

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I've got news for you buddy... Most black roofs you see on the road are not carbon fiber - they're cars equipped with panoramic roofs. I decided to do this because it looks nice, and doesn't hinder performance or safety at all.

You're more than welcome like my mod or not like it - I couldn't care less what you think. I would, however, strongly suggest you think twice before insulting other people's cars by calling them "rice"... especially a moderator on this very forum that has been extremely vocal about posting with maturity and respect towards one another...
Old 11-11-07, 03:37 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Very nice how much ?
Old 11-11-07, 03:44 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Let's hear some details on pricing. I want to do it to my GS. It looks great on this one.

Even if I could make my roof carbon fiber, I wouldn't. It would look ricey. A simple black roof looks elegant like those newer E-Classes.
Old 11-11-07, 03:46 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great to me. I wouldn't have "thunk" to do it!
Old 11-11-07, 03:52 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

I wasn't insulting you, I was stating my opinion. If you can't take criticism, which by the way wasn't rude or anything like that, then kindly don't post pictures of your car on the internet. A mod like this is obviously going to be a love it/hate it type of thing.

I've always thought black roofs were ugly (even on the new M3/M6) and ruined the look of the car, and that's all this is.

Don't take it so personally... being a mod should make you more understanding and less pissy, not the exact opposite. You wanna go on a power trip and ban me even though I broke no rules? Go ahead, see if I give a flying circus.
There are certainly ways to say you don't like things. It's like this: "I don't like it." "I'm not feeling it." "Not my cup of tea." You called it 'rice.' I don't tolerate this happening to other people, and I'm certainly not going to tolerate it happening to me. I love people like you that insult others, and then try to tell them to not "take it so personally." I'm certainly respectful of other people's opinions, and like I said before, I couldn't care less whether you or anyone else likes it or not. I didn't post this thread looking for your feedback or anyone else's - I did so because of member requests. You don't like it? Fine - say so in a mature and respectful manner or move on. If you have anything else you'd like to say to me, you're more than welcome to PM me.

Javier
Old 11-11-07, 03:54 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

I've gotten a lot of questions on cost. Pricing on something like this should be around $80 to $100, depending on which shop you go to.

Javier
Old 11-11-07, 03:56 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I personally didn't see anything horribly insulting about your post. IMO if you're going to post pictures, weather or not you have a blue badge under your name, you should be able to accept some criticism.

As far as calling it "rice" well if I did a mod to my car, I would want to know if people simply didn't like it, or if a lot of people actually thought it looked ricey. Example...

I think it looks decent, (not ricy), though I prefer the stock look more.
Old 11-11-07, 04:12 PM
isduong350
Driver

i think it looks clean, i just might end up doing that mod also.
Old 11-11-07, 04:56 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

that looks awesome , makes me wish my car wasn't black .
Old 11-11-07, 05:05 PM
CMF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I've gotten a lot of questions on cost. Pricing on something like this should be around $80 to $100, depending on which shop you go to.

Javier
Damn, that's cheap. I was expecting you to say 300 or so.

How does this hold up to car washes though. It looks shiny now, but what time frame are you looking at for it to start fading? I figure after a few washes and some really hot sunny days, it will start to come apart. Curious to know.

IMO, it looks good.
Old 11-11-07, 05:34 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

damn looks sick

Quick Reply: Black roof? Done.