IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

BUSTED for no front plate.....in rural Texas

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-07, 05:47 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
I feel so much safer as a citizen knowing cops pull people over for missing front plates. I just sleep better at night.
yeah, and meanwhile people are probably passing by doing 85mph in their 7000 lbs F250 big fat pickup trucks.......YEE HAW

Originally Posted by tex2670
Kind of a quandry, isn't it. Don't pass him, and he looks in his rear view and sees you have not front plate. Pass him, and who knows?
no, just slow down and let him get away from you.....duh

Last edited by bagwell; 11-12-07 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-12-07, 05:56 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
I feel so much safer as a citizen knowing cops pull people over for missing front plates. I just sleep better at night.
Actually, what would make me feel a whole lot safer, is if cops would pull over cars that don't beother turning on their lights during a driving rainstorm. THAT should make ALL OF US feel a whole lot safer. BUT--they'd get wet if they did that, so they go after easier prey, like those w/o the front license plate. Here, in PA, you don't need a front plate, so they don't bother with either offender.
Old 11-12-07, 05:58 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
no, just slow down and let him get away from you.....duh
So, you want me to drive 10 mph BELOW the speed limit? Can that be done?
Old 11-12-07, 06:02 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
So, you want me to drive 10 mph BELOW the speed limit? Can that be done?
yep and let a car get between you and him...

or you can always pass him and have me laff at you when I pass by when he pulls you over.
Old 11-12-07, 06:45 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been without a plate for 10 years here in Cali. Only ONCE I got a "fix it ticket" for not having a front plate. I put on my front plate went over to the local police station and had the cops sign off the ticket. Right when I got home I immediately took off my front plate.

The 2IS looks really bad having a front plate. It has a really sexy front end and putting a front plate just messes it up!
Old 11-12-07, 07:02 AM
B@tm@n
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I have been without a plate for 10 years here in Cali. Only ONCE I got a "fix it ticket" for not having a front plate. I put on my front plate went over to the local police station and had the cops sign off the ticket. Right when I got home I immediately took off my front plate.

The 2IS looks really bad having a front plate. It has a really sexy front end and putting a front plate just messes it up!

I actually like my car more with the frontplate than without

Old 04-29-08, 08:41 AM
sailing217
Pole Position

$100 fine in Ohio. No warning, no fix-it possibility. End of month. Happened at rush hour, heavy traffic and I merge over so the police cars can get out of the exit only lane. They hit their brakes and swerve behind me an hit the lights. No violations anywhere else as she checked. Heck I haven't gotten anything in over 10 years.

Should I fight it? I bought the car in PA and didn't get a bracket. She didn't buy the excuse.
Old 04-29-08, 09:41 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was my first ticket at age 16. I have not had a front plate for the past 5 years on my gen 1 IS300 and now my gen 2. I did place it in a bag with the kit just in case Andy Griffith has a stink!!
Old 04-29-08, 09:42 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B@tm@n
I actually like my car more with the frontplate than without

Excellent looking ride. I had a buddy visit Iceland in 2005 and did not want to come back the the states (LOL). He drove around the whole country and visited the hot springs.
Old 04-29-08, 09:55 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

eff the front license plate. it's going in my glove compartment (if it fits). Cops should be towing people who are parked in no parking areas that hold up traffic. and arrest people who cross when they aren't supposed to who also block traffic. Damn New Yorkers
Old 04-29-08, 10:21 AM
sailing217
Pole Position

I'm going to fight my ticket with the fact that I bought it out of state with no front plate or mount installed.

I'll have my checkbook cause I'll probably lose, but it's about principal. Plate will go in the glovebox or pass door.

Evitzee: Just because it's the law doesn't mean I won't question the validity of it. Ever hear of the original Patriots of this country?
Old 04-29-08, 10:32 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, some cop pulled me over in Plano for not having a front plate on my IS... that was back in December 2006, though, and I still don't have a plate even though I'm driving through that same area every single day at the same time, so I guess he was just in a bad mood or something... Hopefully it was a very rare occurrence.
Old 04-29-08, 12:12 PM
chums
Lead Lap

dont mean to jinx myself, but ive encountered a fair amount of cops and have yet to be ticketed for no front plate. contested a speeding ticket and it got dismissed (took my drivers ed handbook there lol) but the other one i got deferred. been pulled over several times as well, but never got a ticket on those occasions.

i consider myself lucky when it comes to getting no tickets when pulled over. i try to be a respectful as possible and cooperate with the officer.
Old 04-29-08, 12:40 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I had that happen to me on I-20 heading west towards Abilene in my old Accord. The State Trooper took the time to make a complete u-turn, cross the median, and catch back up to me just to give me a warning for having no front plate. The whole time he was bs'ing and making small talk with me. It was annoying but at least I didn't get a ticket.
Old 04-29-08, 01:03 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chums
dont mean to jinx myself, but ive encountered a fair amount of cops and have yet to be ticketed for no front plate. contested a speeding ticket and it got dismissed (took my drivers ed handbook there lol) but the other one i got deferred. been pulled over several times as well, but never got a ticket on those occasions.

i consider myself lucky when it comes to getting no tickets when pulled over. i try to be a respectful as possible and cooperate with the officer.
Haha, if you've been pulled over "several times" for speeding, and never gotten a ticket, either the cops in your area are REALLY nice, or you have some unbelievable people skills... or you're Jessica Alba.

Quick Reply: BUSTED for no front plate.....in rural Texas