IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looking for IS350 in the DFW area...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-07, 06:04 PM
qhuy00
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for IS350 in the DFW area...

Hello all, I'm a newbie to the forum and am looking at getting an is350 some time in mid to late december. Was wondering what kind of price should I be looking at for an 08 model with nav, lux pkg, 18" tires, and xm radio. From reading the forums, it seems as if there are some members from the DFW area. Any help from any of you guys would be greatly appreciated. THank you all in advance.
Old 10-30-07, 08:02 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Practically any of the 350s in DFW are already presold. I had to order mine. It will take about 4 months
Old 10-30-07, 08:13 PM
qhuy00
Driver School Candidate

Is this really true, that sounds terrible!! This is the third model year for this car for crying out loud. Now if you had said that for the IS-F, that'd be what i'd expect but for a 3rd year cycle car.... Anyway, I just hope that isn't true, or my dream of having a new IS350 by New Years would be dashed
Old 10-30-07, 08:18 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

They will only be producing 200 IS-F models every month (for the world) so chances of ownership is even slimmer. Yeah the IS350 is still in so much demand. There are so many options on the IS that one can easily get lost. Goto Lexus site. Click on the IS,then price & options and print the page. Look over the list and select what you want. Select the color of the car and interior you like and talk it over with your salesman at any dealer about the availability. You very well may find yourself ordering it with a deposit. It sucks and the anticipation would practically kill you but it will be very rewarding in the end. Every good thing is worth the wait.
Old 10-30-07, 08:37 PM
qhuy00
Driver School Candidate

Carchitect, which dealer did you order yours from? This will be my second Lexus purchase and I was going to talk to Grapevine (closer to the house and place of purchase of first car). Hopefully, they won't want my left arm for it...Maybe I'll have to factor in the G37 again. Plenty of those on the lot here at the local dealership.
Old 10-30-07, 10:17 PM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

I bought mine from Park Place Lexus in Grapevine... Great people to deal with, haven't had any complaints about them...
Old 10-31-07, 06:14 AM
taylorjste
Pole Position

i bought mine (see sig for details) from Park Place Grapevine also. I was impressed with the overall buying experience and will probably be buying from them again. I'm heading up there this afternoon to pick up my car after an alignment and the rearview mirror TSIB. When I took it in, I only saw 1 IS 350 on the lot and it did not have nav, only premium package. There were at least 10 IS 250s!! I'll walk the lot again and see if I see anymore 350s... In general, I would'nt expect to see a large discount (>2K) off MSRP on IS350s in the DFW area bc supply is so low, especially on nav/lux models. Believe it or not, these are still pretty rare. Stay tuned...
Old 10-31-07, 07:18 AM
TonySwank
Driver School Candidate

I got mine from Sewell in Fort Worth. They were great to work with. There were only 3 or 4 of the 350s on the lot and probably 25-30 250s. I knew I wanted a 350, SGM, X-package, and ML. They said I would most likely have to special order it, but I really didn't want to wait 4 months. A couple of days later they called and said they found one a few states away without the ML and could have it in a week. I am glad that I didn't have to wait that long.
Old 10-31-07, 08:31 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

dont listen to him about presold... i bought my is350 when it 1st came out and ppl been waiting for 8 months, i just walked in to the dealership and made an offer under msrp and they said someone cancelled their order for is350 w/ sports+navi and i got it.

i would expect you can pay probably 5k under msrp these days... not sure though maybe less.
i got 2200 under msrp and free tint.

go to park place lexus of plano
Old 10-31-07, 08:33 AM
07Txlex
Pole Position

I'll sell you my 07 350 bought from Sewell in Fort Worth, 15k miles, nav, G-spyders, starfire pearl/black. Basically perfect, garage kept
Old 10-31-07, 08:46 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dfw350
dont listen to him about presold... i bought my is350 when it 1st came out and ppl been waiting for 8 months, i just walked in to the dealership and made an offer under msrp and they said someone cancelled their order for is350 w/ sports+navi and i got it.

i would expect you can pay probably 5k under msrp these days... not sure though maybe less.
i got 2200 under msrp and free tint.

go to park place lexus of plano
Things have changed over the past two years. I looked all over the city for a 350 with the options I wanted back in April. No one had one and I would have had to wait for them to find me one. When one finally was found no one would give me more than $1k off MSRP (Park Place of Plano) and I just wasnt willing to pay that much so I settled on a 250.

In your case, you got lucky that someone had canceled their order, had that person not canceled you would have been on that waiting list too.

qhuy... you may get lucky and find a dealership that has one with everything you want on it, but the odds are you are going to have to do some searching and probably some waiting. You will also have a greater chance of getting one if you are more flexible in your choices (Color combo, options, etc). For me, it had to be black on black with Nav and I would not accept anything less.

Last edited by Buds; 10-31-07 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-31-07, 09:11 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dfw350
No way, Jose. Have you checked dealer's stock lately in TX? There aren't many IS350's around. Last week in Houston my Lexus dealer only had two or three IS250's, and no IS350's. Last Saturday I was at the Lexus dealer in Austin and they only had a couple of 250's, and one 350. I asked them why they didn't have many IS's in stock and he said they have had no trouble selling them, and supply has been limited. I would suspect DFW region is no different. It seems the IS supply is tighter now than it has been for the last two years. Don't know if this is temporary or if Lexus is just strained on production and are making higher margin Lexus'. So many of the posts here are CA based and perhaps CA has higher availability, but TX is tight right now on any IS. And many of the ones you see don't have NAV, much less ML, Sports or Luxury trim levels. It takes some serious looking, or some luck, to get a well optioned IS these days.

Last edited by Evitzee; 10-31-07 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-31-07, 10:39 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by qhuy00
Hello all, I'm a newbie to the forum and am looking at getting an is350 some time in mid to late december. Was wondering what kind of price should I be looking at for an 08 model with nav, lux pkg, 18" tires, and xm radio. From reading the forums, it seems as if there are some members from the DFW area. Any help from any of you guys would be greatly appreciated. THank you all in advance.
Good luck finding one in the DFW area w/a lux pkg. The only way to get it is if you special order & as you know that could take anywhere from 3-4 months to get. From what our sales woman was telling us, the ML, sport & lux pkg aren't available in our region (read: DFW). If you have the patience then I recommend special ordering however if you want it now (w/in a few weeks at the most) I recommend going to lexus.com & entering your zip code. The next screen should show you what options are available in your area.

It's hard to find a 350 in stock just like everyone has said (here in Tx that is). For the number of times I've been to the dealership w/in the last year or so, I have seen alot more 250's in stock than 350's. Heck, I even saw a rare 6-spd manual 250 in the showroom in Sept. We finally decided to get one in early to mid-September & had to wait til early October to finally get one. PM me if you want the name of our sales woman. She'll take care of you since my family & friends have given her 5 sales w/in the last year.

Last edited by Yeah!; 10-31-07 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-31-07, 07:51 PM
qhuy00
Driver School Candidate

Wow, thanks for all the response guys...

So I emailed my salesman in Grapevine the other day and he basically told me what you all are telling me, Lux pkg is not available in the region and to go to Lexus.com and build my vehicle with my zip code. Honestly, the options I must have are Nav/HID's/ventilated seats and 18" summer tires. All the rest I could not care less about. As far as colors goes, I'm not too picky either, obsidian is always a favorite, but is it the Glacier frost mica that has a different hue depending on the angle you look?, smoky granite mica would also be my top choice as well. When I configured with the premium pkg with the Nav and preferred acc. pkg.MSRP came out to $42412 with destination included. Is it out of the question to get this car for say...3500-4000 off MSRP???

It just boggles my mind that this is the third year cycle and I feel like I'm gonna be hunting a white elephant. Any thoughts you guys have would be appreciated.

TxLex...I'm looking to buy new though them Spyder wheels are mighty sweet, why you want to get rid of such a sweet ride?

Yeah! About your icon, is that restaurant somewhere here in Dallas? I damned near rolled out of my chair. Looks like there are some viet folks in here....

Taylor...I testdrove the only IS350 they had in Grapevine last week and it did have Nav and chrome wheels....maybe they got another one in?? Speaking of which, this car left me with a grin from ear to ear when I walked off the lot. ALso test drove the G37 and am still trying to make up my mind but defintely leaning towards the IS...I think it just fits me better as I'm a small guy and the G feels bloated. It handles well but just feels big. Anyhow...hope you guys got some wisdom for me as I'm sorta worried I gotta save a little more money than I originally had planned for.

Last edited by qhuy00; 10-31-07 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-31-07, 07:59 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by qhuy00
Wow, thanks for all the response guys...

So I emailed my salesman in Grapevine the other day and he basically told me what you all are telling me, Lux pkg is not available in the region and to go to Lexus.com and build my vehicle with my zip code. Honestly, the options I must have are Nav/HID's/ventilated seats and 18" summer tires. All the rest I could not care less about. When I configured the premium pkg with the Nav and preferred acc. pkg. MSRP came out to $42412 with destination included. Is it out of the question to get this car for say...3500-4000 off MSRP???

It just boggles my mind that this is the third year cycle and I feel like I'm gonna be hunting a white elephant. Any thoughts you guys have would be appreciated.

Anyhow...hope you guys got some wisdom for me as I'm sorta worried I gotta save a little more money than I originally had planned for.
I think you will have tough time getting that much off MSRP at this time. Some have done it, but don't think it is normal, especially in TX. The dealers don't wheel and deal like FL or CA. They just don't have to.

Agree, you would think that by this time the IS market would be well supplied. Instead there seems to be smaller supply with the same, or higher, demand. Good for resale values though.

I have the G-Spiders. A nice looking wheel. Recommended.

You can always special order. Some have had good succes with JM Lexus in FL. Have it shipped to TX.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Looking for IS350 in the DFW area...