Sprint Booster Coming soon!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-07, 12:59 AM
genki
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint Booster Coming soon!

Woo..

I think a sprint booster is coming soon for the is250/350. Cant wait until this is released! I have this on my old e60 bmw, and it improves throttle response so much.

it should be around $300 retail when it's out. As all other sprint boosters are around that price.

" It is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal provided by the ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) potentiometer, and providing the ECM (Electronic Control Module) with a new, faster and more response signal."
Old 10-23-07, 02:38 AM
acl15
Lead Lap

interesting... who is making it and where did you hear this from?
Old 10-23-07, 02:48 AM
genki
Pole Position

its a company called sprint booster, UK based www.sprint-booster.co.uk . They havent made any for Lexus's but they have a big market for Audi, Mercedes and definitely BMW. I've read from their distributor Hongkong based called Partsexporter they will make one for the 2is. I emailed them directly today and i'll keep you guys posted. I have used this product myself for my e60 545i and i love how improved the throttle response become.
Old 10-23-07, 06:58 AM
LazyPrince
Driver School Candidate

yeah my 250 awd is a pretty sluggish at the low end so does this just sorta decrease the lag of drve by wire?
Old 10-23-07, 07:27 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This will not make your car any faster. This just reduces pedal effort. The 2IS already has this feature when the PWR switch is on. Also I would trust no aftermarket companies with my drive by wire system. The aftermarket tuners (AEM, HALTECH, etc..) will not write programs for dive by wire systems! They don`t want to put your life in their hands! Just not a good idea IMO.

Last edited by HKS350; 10-23-07 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-23-07, 07:50 AM
IS35O
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jeremy
This will not make your car any faster. This just reduces pedal effort. The 2IS already has this feature when the PWR switch is on. Also I would trust no aftermarket companies with my drive by wire system. The aftermarket tuners (AEM, HALTECH, etc..) will not write programs for dive by wire systems! They don`t want to put your life in their hands! Just not a good idea IMO.
Truth
Old 10-23-07, 07:50 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think this could work worth a damn on any system. Even without DBW, the system would have to know the future of your foot, which it can't. It might guess right 95% of the time, but the 5% that it guesses wrong wouldn't be worth it. The complications that DBW will add makes it highly unlikely in my mind that they would ever try to adapt it.

Consider that this device on a conventional system would symply alter the sensor signal from the TPS to the ECU. On a DBW system, the device would have to A) alter the TPS signal from the pedal, and B) alter the control signal from the ECU to the butter fly's stepper motor. There is probably also another TPS sensor on the butter fly for closed loop monitoring. If so, the device would have to alter that as well so the ECU didn't detect the tampering.
Old 01-06-08, 01:44 AM
ote111
Rookie

After browsing so many times in this forum i came across this old thread.

I took the risk of buying this product online, it's a bit costly but i took the chance anyways..

This little amazing device really improve throttle response.

here is the picture of the box and the model number for IS300

Last edited by ote111; 01-06-08 at 04:43 AM.
Old 01-06-08, 02:42 AM
genki
Pole Position

hey, its finally out? do u know if it works with the 250's and 350's? i assume its the same because it is just installed near the pedals am i correct? does it greatly improve the throttle response even though you are on ect power?
Old 01-06-08, 03:14 AM
ote111
Rookie

Originally Posted by genki
hey, its finally out? do u know if it works with the 250's and 350's? i assume its the same because it is just installed near the pedals am i correct? does it greatly improve the throttle response even though you are on ect power?
Yes, it's out. Got mine on ebay, Partsexporter in HongKong, Kowloon is selling it.

I think it should work both on IS250 and I350 because the IS250 in HongKong is the same engine as in the US.

Yes, its install on the pedal itself. I DIY it and it took me half an hour to do it, the only hassle was there is a gap between the carpet and the footwell and i drop the socket wrench head and a midget wrench in there. It actually took me more time retrieving these 2 things than installing the Sprint Booster.

The throttle response is greatly improve when the ECT is off, but when to ECT is on the throttle response is even more responsive. It's the same case when you ON the ECT without the Sprint Booster. You still get the extra kick when the ECT is ON (I don't know if you can understand my explanation. )

It's kinda expensive but it's worth it....
Old 01-06-08, 04:02 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just searched it up on ebay and they do have it for Lexus Es300 and also for the 2IS.

Has the sprint booster caused any problems lately?
Old 01-06-08, 04:42 AM
ote111
Rookie

The model for IS is BDJ151 for manual and BDJ151A for Auto. Been using it for 6 days, no problem..
Old 01-06-08, 11:11 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

has anyone done a dyno on this to see actual results? im curious to see what the difference truly is.
Old 01-06-08, 11:14 AM
genki
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2
has anyone done a dyno on this to see actual results? im curious to see what the difference truly is.
this little device will not boost hp or torque. but it will decrease the throttle lag, it just gives faster signals to the computer i guess when you put your foot down.
Old 01-06-08, 01:27 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds like a waste of money. A booster that attaches to your accelerator so that when you are on normal mode it makes it seem like you're on PWR mode? And in power mode it makes it into a super overly hypersensive power mode? So what happens on snow mode? You have normal mode? So basically you lost your snow mode and have a barely usable pwr mode... No thanks. Maybe for other cars this might be useful but not on ours.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Coming soon!