IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cell Phone compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-07, 12:48 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell Phone compatibility

I think we all know that Lexus.com has a bluetooth cell phone compatibility list, but it is far from complete. Anyway, I wanted to share my experiences with a phone that is not on that list for anyone who is interested. If the Mods want to make this a Sticky so that others can add their cell phones, so be it.

Anyway, I liked the layout of the Lexus phone list, so here is mine:
*I didn't test everything, but can if someone needs me to.

Phone: AT&T Tilt
Car: 2007 IS350

Function - Compatible?
  • Handset will pair to vehicle - Yes
                                                                    Old 10-12-07, 05:02 PM
                                                                    FiveOhNine
                                                                    Lexus Champion
                                                                    Thread Starter

FiveOhNine's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
                                                                    Location: Dark side of the moon
                                                                    Posts: 1,674

Yikes! I guess I'm the only one who a) care that my phone plays nice with my car or b) bought a phone not on the Lexus list.

Oh well, for anyone thinking about the Tilt, it's a rockin' phone so far!
                                                                    Old 10-12-07, 05:15 PM
                                                                    almost_g
                                                                    Driver School Candidate

almost_g's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
                                                                    Location: IL

Where is the list of compatible phones for Lexus? My Razr2 phone can't transfer entire phonebook or single entry to my BT car kit.

How exactly did you transfer a single entry?
                                                                    Old 10-12-07, 06:54 PM
                                                                    FiveOhNine
                                                                    Lexus Champion
                                                                    Thread Starter

FiveOhNine's Avatar

Location: Dark side of the moon
                                                                    Posts: 1,674

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/acces...bluetooth.html

On my phone (Windows mobile), you just pick a contact and 'beam' it to a connected device (my IS).
                                                                    Old 10-26-07, 01:56 PM
                                                                    Funky
                                                                    Rookie

Funky's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2006
                                                                    Location: St. Louis, MO

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
                                                                    Yikes! I guess I'm the only one who a) care that my phone plays nice with my car or b) bought a phone not on the Lexus list.

Oh well, for anyone thinking about the Tilt, it's a rockin' phone so far!
                                                                    I care, thanks for the great information!!! I'm debating between the Tilt on AT&T and the i760 on Verizon and this is exactly what I was looking for. I assume the IS350 and the GS350 would work the same since it's the same Gen 5 nav.

I'm disappointed that the "Transfer multiple phonebook entries to the handsfree system at once" doesn't work, but it doesn't surprise me. I've never gotten this to work with any phone properly, particularly when the contact already exists in the Nav and just needs an update.

I had a chance to play with a Ford Focus SES Sync and was surprised that it actually could keep contacts up to date...which is very cool. But then again, there's ZERO chance of me trading in my GS for a Focus now is there....If you want more info on the Microsoft Sync stuff there is a good article on Autoweek.com

Dan
                                                                    Old 06-04-08, 02:04 PM
                                                                    ERC4
                                                                    Driver

ERC4's Avatar

Location: CA
                                                                    Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
                                                                    Default FiveOhNine, Help Please

FiveOhNine, You seem very knowledgeable re the Lexus BlueTooth system. I recently paired a Samsung Flipshot with my 06 GX470 (with Nav system). I selected the phone based on the Lexus Lets Talk site suggesting a high level of compatability w/ the GX. I've had zero problems pairing the phone to the GX, making and receiving calls, and even the transfer of the Samsung's phone book into the vehicle's phone book (and subsequently it's 1-Touch dialing system) was easy. So it's working fine but I've got a couple of questions and would appreciate any help.

1. How do I switch from handsfree mode to private mode using the handsfree system's 'Transfer' button?
                                                                    2. How do I switch from handsfree mode to private mode using the phone's keypad?
                                                                    3. How do I switch from private mode to handsfree mode using the handsfree system's 'Transfer' button?
                                                                    4. How do I switch from private mode to handsfree mode using the phone's keypad?
                                                                    5. Is there a maximum number of digits for a phone # that can transffered into the vehicles system? i.e. to check my office voicemail I store a 34 digit phone # (counting inserted pauses, #'s, etc.) in my phone. It gets me through all the voicemail layers perfectly when using my phone solo but through the vehicles Bluetooth system not all the #'s are transmitted, thus getting through just 2 layers.

I recognize that you don't have a Flipshot phone but I'm hoping that there's enough commonality that your techniques may help.

Thank you.
                                                                    Old 03-22-11, 01:11 PM
                                                                    gsachs
                                                                    Driver School Candidate

gsachs's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
                                                                    Location: california

I have a samsung mobile and it connects to bluetooth in my new Lexus GS350 and then at some point drops the connection and I have to go through the process of finding Mulitmedia etc. How to correct that?
                                                                    Old 03-22-11, 06:38 PM
                                                                    DreamerzCC
                                                                    Pole Position
                                                                    iTrader: (1)

DreamerzCC's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
                                                                    Location: AL

HTC Hero and Samsung Moment do all the above