IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Is the ISx50 a girl'scar?
Yes
13.73%
No
62.75%
kinda
23.53%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

The ISx50 a girls car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-07, 12:59 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

70% are females in UAE.
Old 08-12-07, 02:45 AM
DonJuan45i
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know what i noticed the IS, along with your smaller high end cars like 3 series and c class appeal to women, and they like them... Girls dont like big cars, at least not the majority of them, girls like to feel safe and confined I think, in a little car its like they are being hugged (whoa that was a little fem)

girls dont really think like men, they see a car and think "its cute" but dont think that because it is that a guy shouldnt be driving it, i agree tho the beetle is an exception, that is a female oriented car imo, but you cant blame the gurls, these smaller cars are indeed sexy

I have a LS now, while all the guys are like "dayum!!! you got the big boy!!!"

all the gurls look at it and say "ehh I liked your bimmer better (3 series) so it got me more attention from the ladies than the LS, the LS however makes envy of the fellow gentleman in the next lane. I drive the LS because I love the VIP look and the comfort and luxury, i like space, especially after having owned a camaro, es300, then 3 series, the gs is what fueled me the desire to own the flagship

i think alot of us guys think that a car has to be mean/aggressive to be a guys car (i think thats why we mod them, well main reason to be different i guess, the whole form of expression or whatever) a car cant be cute, or else its for a gurl, I know I used to get mixed feelings when a gurl would say "cute car" lol but thats just how they are

I still havent decided, dont get me wrong the ladies love the LS, especially the back seat hahaha but the 3 series turned the ladies heads more, why because they thought it was cute, i wouldnt say the 3 series, the IS, or the c class are girls cars, simply girls like them because they can see themselves driving them, and would look good doing so...
Old 08-12-07, 08:53 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

^^women like big huge suv type car because they think they will be invincible and better protected. All the women I know would not touch a small car because contrary to your beliefs, they feel as though a bad accident will crunch them inside. Women love the sports car look but they seldom buy it because they are afraid of the consequences if involved in a car accident.
Old 08-12-07, 04:59 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, I didn't realize we had that many psycho-analysts on CL...

Javier
Old 08-12-07, 05:31 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by neova
what's the point of this thread? It only brings out stereotypes and sexist comments from the mostly male members here on CL, with a couple politically correct comments here and there.

Anything that is stylish and sexy is normally considered to be feminine and items that are rugged and tough are thought of as masculine. That's the generalization we have in society and our beloved IS happens to be stylish and sexy, along with a host of other cars (IMO) such as the 335i couple and G37 coupe.... Well i guess if you want a "masculine" looking car or a car that is driven more by males then go get yourself a F150 truck or something...

There's a negative connotation associated with the word "chic car" and it doesnt' just means it's a car popular with women. The term was coined originally as a way to demean or make something appear "weaker" because it belongs to a women.

And the comment that a car is a chic car when stock and a man when modded is even worst. You know what? Only about half the guys who mod their car know what they're really doing and those who "think they know" end up with a modded car that have problems. We see new posts daily here on CL from mostly male members asking for help because they either didn't do enough homework before doing a mod or didn't bother to until there is a problem. Does this still make males (those who mod their cars) automatically more superior?

250 is mostly driven by females and 350 by males? Well if Lexus made the 350 with a MT i would be driving one instead of the 250. If anything (IMO) any car with an automatic is less engaging than a manual and requires less driving skills. Can i then label all automatic cars as "chic cars" then?

So what car people drive and what they do with it is just simply their preference doesn't make your car more masculine or feminine.
Well said!
Old 08-12-07, 07:44 PM
asianfob
Rookie

Well do you consider dual clutch cars a "chic car" too since it is less engaging than manuals... making nearly all modern supercars chic cars...
Old 08-12-07, 10:21 PM
neova
Pole Position

^^^
no, i don't consider any cars as "chic car". I resent the term. I was only saying it as an example of how it would be wrong to label something as a "weak" simply because it doesn't fit my preference of what a car should be.

Surely F1 cars are all semi-auto and that's no "weak" car.
Old 08-13-07, 10:01 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Girl's car when stock. Man's car when modded.
Took My Words Outta My Mouth Very True Tommy!..*
Old 08-13-07, 10:08 AM
nn432100
Lead Lap

I think this thread is useless. It seems to me like someone feels like they made the wrong purchase because their friends say they bought a "girls" car. Its well proven that people that often criticize others have poor self esteem and to it to make themselves feel better. I payed good money for my car and work my butt off to pay for it. I do it by serving our country and working crazy hours in civilian world. Anyone wants to say I drive a girls car thats fine, let me get my M-4 and Ill give you a 10 second head start. 9 seconds! Seriously though, useless thread but thats just me.

Michael out
Old 08-13-07, 10:42 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nn432100
I think this thread is useless. It seems to me like someone feels like they made the wrong purchase because their friends say they bought a "girls" car. Its well proven that people that often criticize others have poor self esteem and to it to make themselves feel better. I payed good money for my car and work my butt off to pay for it. I do it by serving our country and working crazy hours in civilian world. Anyone wants to say I drive a girls car thats fine, let me get my M-4 and Ill give you a 10 second head start. 9 seconds! Seriously though, useless thread but thats just me.

Michael out
Thats What This Forum's About HaHa!..*
Old 08-13-07, 12:37 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

Is this a Lexus?

Old 08-13-07, 12:46 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, according to JDPower, the IS is practically the only car in its class to have majority female ownership...

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/lexus/is/2007

As a matter of fact, most of the others are not even close to this ratio. Take a look at the breakdown for the G, 3-series, CTS, TL, and C-class, to name a few. Make of that what you will. My guess is that the breakdown for the IS350 (as opposed to the 250) is more heavily male, though.

But either way, we also have the youngest owner base of any of these cars... and I don't know about you guys, but it doesn't bother me at all to have something like this in common with so many young ladiez.
Old 08-13-07, 12:47 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This topic is almost like determining whats rice and what isnt. Any car can be a girls IMO and vice versa.
Old 08-13-07, 01:39 PM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
This topic is almost like determining whats rice and what isnt. Any car can be a girls IMO and vice versa.
Eeeeeh Not Really Not Every Car..*
Old 08-13-07, 01:44 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I just made this thread to see what others thought of the car. I really dont care as long as i personally like the car i dont care what others will think but i've been many conversations when this specific topic and i thought it would be something worth getting the people of CL to comment about.

Quick Reply: The ISx50 a girls car?