IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

It's a magnet

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-07, 06:56 PM
LexusTexas
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's a magnet

My new IS, for every POS car in the parking lot. I've been getting lots of exercise parking waayyy out back at the stores, and snug close next to a parking lot island, taking up exactly one spot. Twice this weekend it happened, I wasn't even in the Best Buy when some POS Taurus comes rolling into the spot right next to me. I just stood there and stared at the ahole. It's been like that pretty much every time I go anywhere, including work. I know she's drop dead sexy, but stay away from my car!!

Last edited by LexusTexas; 08-06-07 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-06-07, 07:00 PM
aira
Pole Position

he parked next to you even though you parked waayyy out back?
Old 08-06-07, 07:04 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, thats what they do... I swear some people do it on purpose because they think they are going to make some kind of point or prove something.
Old 08-06-07, 07:10 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

If someone (not saying you do) parks in a way to take up multiple spots then they are asking for it...

If you park like normal..just a long ways away..then people should leave it the he!! alone!

I got my door scratched by some POS minivan at Home Depot..I was able to buff it out thankfully...I've been lucky overall..18 months and no door dings
Old 08-06-07, 07:14 PM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

its been nearly 3 months and i still park FAR from everything. i don't even mind the walk. better that than the heart break of a door ding.
Old 08-06-07, 07:21 PM
burnabykid
Pole Position

I'm exactly the same driving my gf nuts sometimes passing up spots that are sandwiched by massive SUV's, or spots that i just have a bad feeling about. As **** as it may sound, i usually look for nice corner spots or end spots so that i only have to park beside one car. Well, so far no dings yet.. knock on wood.
Old 08-06-07, 07:33 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, every time I decide to drive my car to dallas that is what happens. I can park it as far out as possible and there is always some like mini van full of kids parked next to me. sucks man. oh well.
Old 08-06-07, 08:09 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

You just can't win with a new car in a parking lot, no matter how hard you try. I've had my IS for over a year and I NEVER take it to a store where it's subject to the carelessness of the uncivilized masses. It really impacts my ability to enjoy the car but the paint is still flawless.

Instead, I take my 9 year old beater Tacoma and park anywhere I want. It sits high enough that most vehicles will ding the **** out of their own doors on the tube steps before they do any damage to my body panels. In fact, my wife wants to start driving it to work to counter the jerkwad with the IS250 that's trying to give himself more room by crowding over into her assigned parking space.
Old 08-06-07, 08:13 PM
ToastedAzn
Rookie

I know what you mean.Im real **** about parking spots.Last week I was meeting up with some friends at D&B and the valet was full so I had to park out in BFE.Lucky I found a spot between 2 new GS with Club Lexus stickers.Car was safe from dings
Old 08-06-07, 08:23 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

same here i always park far back but last week i saw this honda civic parked right next to me in front of my house. This SOB what like sooo lcose that i knew right away that there was a ding. I looked and to my surprise there was and i was soooooo pissed. the ding isnt that noticible, it s like half an inch big. i waited to see whoes car it was then i took his info so i can get it out. But man it hurt when i saw that small ding.
Old 08-06-07, 08:32 PM
ToastedAzn
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
same here i always park far back but last week i saw this honda civic parked right next to me in front of my house. This SOB what like sooo lcose that i knew right away that there was a ding. I looked and to my surprise there was and i was soooooo pissed. the ding isnt that noticible, it s like half an inch big. i waited to see whoes car it was then i took his info so i can get it out. But man it hurt when i saw that small ding.
Ouch! I remembered you just purchased your IS less then 3 months ago too
Old 08-06-07, 08:32 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sjgIS350
If someone (not saying you do) parks in a way to take up multiple spots then they are asking for it...

If you park like normal..just a long ways away..then people should leave it the he!! alone!

I got my door scratched by some POS minivan at Home Depot..I was able to buff it out thankfully...I've been lucky overall..18 months and no door dings
Why is that asking for it? I take up two spots, but I only park far far away also.
Old 08-06-07, 08:35 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

wow nice memory man. But yea i did. And the thing is we live in a town house and my neighbor knows that i just got a new car so she parks right in between her two spots so no one parks next to me. But for some reason she forgot that day. But oh well, i guess now i can really enjoy my car lol.
Old 08-06-07, 08:39 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i got my IS because if you can believe this, i was able to RENT a brand new Black IS250 in orlando 2 months ago.
while pulling to disney world some mom opened the passenger door and whacked the side of this new lexus that i am responcible for. fortunatly it hit the fender which was a little more stout than the side panel and left a small mark but no dent.
when this happend i was just getting out myself and i said HEY WATCH IT! THIS IS A BRAND NEW LEXUS!!!
she laughed at me untill she realised how upset i was and then she was very apologetic said im sorry lets see if there is any damage, she could tell i was about to come unglued.
point is, some people look at cars just as a thing.. like its a toaster or somthing. not everyone understand how people like us feel about cars and not everyone shops very far beyond their local ford dealer. they dont go to car shows and they have no idea what the new shiny cool cars actually cost. they see a car as a mode of transportation and car about them as much as they do a household appliance.
Old 08-06-07, 08:40 PM
Audiofan2
Pole Position

For work I visit several Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowes, and Sears stores daily. I try to park my car out in the far end of the lot, frequently some moron parks next to me. I have found that the best spots are on the end because frequently they are larger and if you get really close to the curb you will be safe.I only wonder if parking way out invites someone to steal it?

Quick Reply: It's a magnet