IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My 2007 Tungsten Pearl IS350--Finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-07, 08:21 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts
Default My 2007 Tungsten Pearl IS350--Finally!!

Well the wait is finally over…I have my baby. If you remember my posting around here in the past, it has been rather hard to get a fully loaded IS350 in FL. It seems Lexus does not allocate loaded up IS350 to the FL region. Well, it finally happened and I did not even have to special order….

First let me say thanks to Mike and Phillip and Bichon for all your many instant messages over the past several months and everyone else that has provided such great info on this informative site. I also want to say thanks to Shannon at JM Lexus for making this purchase very special, she is great to deal with and treated me well. I took many test drives with her and she has always been willing to assist me.

It seems everything just fell into place…I went to see Shannon about a week or so ago to test drive the IS350 again (4th time in the past yr) my intension was to finally place an order and wait the 3-4 mos. So after sitting down, Shannon looks into the system and sees 2 IS350’s on the ship from Japan almost at the port, not only does it have the perfect color combo I wanted, it also had the Lux Pkg, Nav and ML. I was always told that FL doesn’t get Lux pkgs for IS350’s. Well it appears that since JM is the largest volume dealer in the nation that they get first pick of what’s coming into the Jax port. So there was no question that this was my baby. She worked out all the details and was even able to get the port to install my rear spoiler; I tried getting the X Pkg wheels but unfortunately didn’t happen. I also got me some free goodies…a cool Lexus key chain, bottle of touch up paint and free tint on my baby. The pics below will show you how the tint looks, it’s 35% all around which looks slightly darker due to the black interior, the tint turned out much better than I thought, they did a great job on it and JM does their own tinting at the dealer.

I took delivery with 16 miles on my car, forgot to take a pic but oh well you’ll have to trust me. The car is just awesome, I think it has the perfect blend of sport and luxury and the I love the way the cockpit feels inside, everything is within reach. The Nav is just amazing, the clarity and touch screen makes it very user friendly, I have already tested it out a lot and it works perfect. I have never had a Nav before and this one is so easy to use. It is so cool how it re-calculates your route within seconds when you stray. The Nav is one of my fav about this vehicle. The other is the ML sound system is very impressive and am so glad I waited for this. The tilt-telescoping wheel is yet another Lux feature I had on my prev SC400 that I really enjoyed, makes getting out of the car easier. The adaptive headlights are awesome, they light up the entire road and took the car out on some nighttime twisties and love this light feature. The night mode is impressive and when it gets dusk the nav tones down with the instrument cluster, which is super, easy to see, the electro-luminescent display I have always like in my SC400 so I feel at home again here. The other day I wanted to see how cold the air would get, you can see from the pic with a thermo in the a/c vent driving around town on a very hot day 93 degrees, the temp inside the cabin got to just about 30 degrees, I was so cold I couldn’t wait to get out of the car but it was a cool (pun intended) experience to see this car works perfect in the sun and really cools the cabin quickly.

What I have noticed is how tight the car is from the door closing, to the dash and all the feel of the buttons inside the cabin, everything is so Lexus quality top notch, I’m really impressed. My only grip so far is I’m surprised Lexus didn’t use just a little more sound deadening materials, don’t get me wrong it is pretty quite but there are some times when I can’t tell if what I am hearing is road noise from the tires or from there not being enough sound proofing material under the car, I still can’t tell which. I will say the cars tires (Bridgestone Turanza) sound great on smooth well paved roads when the road turns rough or more shell rock in the road, you tend to hear the road more through the tires. I wonder if they make a quieter tire than the Turanza’s?? Well I am not great with photos but here are some from delivery and few days after in the sun….

Old 07-24-07, 08:24 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Old 07-24-07, 08:25 PM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice. love the color choice as well.
Old 07-24-07, 08:25 PM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

nice choice of color =D.
Old 07-24-07, 08:27 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Old 07-24-07, 08:30 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Old 07-24-07, 08:34 PM
Ryoma111
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got the exact same color/options combo as me! It's one sweeeeet car isn't it?
Old 07-24-07, 08:43 PM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

Welcome to the 2IS TP club!

We shine where the sun don't shine!
Old 07-24-07, 08:55 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Congrats! Merry and safe trails... see you on the road fellow Floridian!
Old 07-24-07, 09:05 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FINALLY!!!

Congrats! I hope you really enjoy your car. I know you've waited a long time, and your patience has been well rewarded.

Gotta love those pics!
Old 07-24-07, 09:33 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWESOME!!!! Very nice!!! Congrats on the new ride!!!
Old 07-24-07, 10:06 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

The planning was only exceeded by the delivery. Great looking car.
Old 07-24-07, 10:34 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

congratulations! thank you, thank you for all the nice tint pics! it's so fun getting this as a new car. enjoy.
Old 07-24-07, 10:35 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on your new IS! Looks nice and shiny
Old 07-24-07, 10:54 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Grats man, she's a beauty!

Quick Reply: My 2007 Tungsten Pearl IS350--Finally!!