Old 09-09-13, 10:03 PM
NERD42
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

remote wire, it's the last PINK wire farthest to the back
Name:  remotewire.jpg
Views: 3109
Size:  43.5 KB

This shows the last wire on the last (farthest back) plug is RED??? is this true to be red or maybe it just a typo because there is not a pink wire... there are two reds and a purple???
Please help. Thank you.
Old 09-10-13, 05:00 PM
monstza
Driver School Candidate

Hey Bud great write up with pic. i did the same but me OME amp running very hot, i tap into the sub out should i tap into the front woofer like you said? i know you list the color do you remember which plug its on?
Old 09-15-13, 09:32 AM
patelmd
Driver School Candidate

I have the same issue as NERD42. The wire is red as well for me. Does anyone know if it suppose to be the red wire for Remote?
Old 10-20-13, 03:58 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

for those tapping the sub. There's two pair of wires on the connector. Did you tap into all four or just two? I wired both pairs to a 2 channel loc. Would that be incorrect? One pair is on one channel and the other pair is on the other channel (2channel scosche loc). I can't remember what I did initially on my first IS. TIA.

*****never mind. I had the same question years ago and its been answered. Haha†

Last edited by Pnuge88; 10-20-13 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-30-13, 08:10 PM
MDHLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kumquatism
Alright I took some time and rechecked all my wiring and stuff. Sorry the picture provided is really blurry and crappy. This is what I found to be relevant to anyone wondering about wiring for a non-ML 2IS (OEM amplifier shown in picture is for a 2006 IS250 without ML).

A few things to note:
1. Not all wires are needed. Pick the set of wire of your choice to tap. I've drawn where all the relevant wires can be found. Subwoofer wires are on the 3rd connector from the back, front woofer connectors are from the 1st connector closest to the back of the car.
2. This is what I used for a remote wire. It's a thin orange wire on the 2nd connector. There are other options.
3. Use the front woofer wires only if you know what you're doing relevant to LPF (Low-pass filter). If your LPF isn't set properly, you can end up blowing your subwoofer.
4. I used a 22-18AWG tap splice to tap my wires.
5. The LOC I used is pictured. There are other options. I picked it because its dirt cheap and gets the job done. Make sure to set the switch on the left to "Line Out". Subwoofers are mono; left/right are irrelevant. Plug in 1-2 (doesn't really matter) RCA cables to the output, and plug that cable into your aftermarket amp. Again, whether left plugs into left doesn't make a difference.

Hope this answers some lingering questions still.
What do you mean if your LPF isn't set properly you can end up blowing your sub? I was planning on tapping both front woofers and my stock sub but now im scared im going to blow my sub if i tap into the front doors as well...
Old 12-01-13, 02:15 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A subwoofer is designed to play low frequency sounds. Your low pass filter is set to prevent higher frequency signals from playing through the subwoofer. Playing high frequency sounds through the sub can damage or blow it. Just set your LPF around 100 or so and you will be fine

Last edited by kumquatism; 12-01-13 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-04-13, 07:11 PM
MDHLexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kumquatism
A subwoofer is designed to play low frequency sounds. Your low pass filter is set to prevent higher frequency signals from playing through the subwoofer. Playing high frequency sounds through the sub can damage or blow it. Just set your LPF around 100 or so and you will be fine
Sweet! Thanks, so i'm planning on tapping all wires. Do you just use normal 18 gauge wire to tap or what? And did you do anything with the gain on the input or output?
Old 12-04-13, 10:33 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Installing my system this friday but I am only confused on the tapping of wires. (06 Nav, non-ML)

I know I must tap the stock sub wires, but do i tap both sets (4 wires total) since it is a DVC?

Does it matter if I tap both front woofers or do I only need to tap one?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-11-13, 05:19 PM
MDHLexus
Pole Position

Just installed my 12" Alpine Type R this past weekend! Running the M500 Amp. The thing bumps.. I love it. Thanks for the great DIY and PICTURES!!
Old 01-11-14, 11:34 PM
huyz13
Rookie

Hi,

Looking to install a JL Audio JX500/1D amp to my '09 IS250 Stock Head Unit Premium Non ML system in order to hook up an enclosed subwoofer.

Can I use this instead of a line out connector in order to hook up the RCAs?

http://www.jlaudio.com/xd-clraic2-sw...ker-wire-90435

This is the JL Speaker Wire to RCA connector. Has anyone here used this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 02-12-14, 09:33 PM
vncasanova
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello everyone, can someone help me out with this question? I have kicker kx400.1 mono amp i'm planning to connect using this tutorial. I read and saw about summing up the two front woofers and the back subwoofers. So I combined all these into channel 1 and channel 2 of the amp and on the LOC, there's a1 and on, and b1 and on for the speakers input. I'm a little confused. Does anyone have any pictures of the final product showing the wires from the LOC to the amp, and whether you tapped into the back subwoofer or the back and the front. Thanks, guys
Old 04-29-14, 02:15 PM
edwinlexus
Rookie

Hi I will be trying to install 2 new Sound Ordnance power subwoofer B-8P that has build in frequency level control bottom 70Hz to 200Hz
Phase level control bottom 0 to 180
Level control bottom Min to Max
And indicates that:
Dedicated subwoofer or low level
inputs signal deliver the best
performance. If unavailable, use
the high level inputs - when
interfacing with factory head unit
for instance. Be sure to observe
the correct polarity when using the
high level inputs.
CONNECTIONS
Do not use both low and high level inputs at the same time -
connect only one or the other

Ok so it means that I can tap into the sub wires and from here direct to the powered subwoofer without using anything else. Also I will be installing 2 powered subwoofer can I go from connecting from one powered subwoofer and coming out of from that powered subwoofer to the other to or I will have to do separated connection. One last thing I read that it will be better to remove the factory sub and that to connect from the two pair of sub wires and also the front door woofer wires. How can I connect this each powered subwoofer comes with 2 Chanel connection 2 positive and 2 negative
Old 05-17-14, 01:24 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Name:  2014-05-17%2001.22.13_zpswvqsevrw.jpg
Views: 2773
Size:  62.2 KB

please answer... is this right?
and how many RCA do i need? just one?
Old 05-26-14, 05:33 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^^^^^^ In this pic the remote turn on for the amp is in the white plug ( all the way to the right in the pic) for ML ...it is a red wire( wires in this plug is way smaller than the wires in any of the other plugs) you can just see it ( the red wire) in this pic...hope this helps someone!

Quick Reply: DIY aftermarket amp power wire install step by step with pictures