Ventilated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-07, 03:40 PM
Pwyll
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ventilated Seats

Does anyone else have this issue with the ventilated seats -

I haven't really checked my passenger seat long enough to feel it, but my driver seat has such poor air-flow on the back, even set at 3.

The seat bottom flow is fair at best, but I don't really feel much on the back. I do hear the fan running.

How is it working in your cars?

Thanks
Old 07-04-07, 03:50 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

dont think there is anything wrong with them. i would say mine are about the same and depending on how hot it is they may take some time before you really feel them cooling down. i expected more out of them but did read others and there comments.

they are different from heated seats as nice as they are i must say i hardly even use them. i do love the heated seats being from chicago...
Old 07-04-07, 04:59 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 256 Likes on 226 Posts

This has been a frequent topic of discussion here; I pulled this one from the archives: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=278274

Seems like people either love them or hate them. I'm in the latter camp. Dressed in jeans and a polo shirt, I can't even feel that they are on. Some people have found them more effective after setting the A/C to blow from the floor vents.
Old 07-04-07, 05:49 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I dont feel much coming out of the back of mine either...
Old 07-04-07, 06:09 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

if i have jeans i cant really tell . . . but with shorts or anything else i can feel it. If i put my hand over the seat, you can definitely feel something coming out. Just make sure you have the AC coming out of the floor vents too or else it doesnt really work.
Old 07-04-07, 08:26 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

I wish the fans were stronger, I could barely feel them. Could've been very useful these past few days when the weather was hot.
Old 07-04-07, 08:29 PM
maxmurder
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pwyll
my driver seat has such poor air-flow on the back, even set at 3.

Thanks
Is it supposed to even have "air-flow" on the back???? i thought the air ONLY goes from the bottom. (thats what my sales-person told me)

well, my ventilated seats work perfect, i can only turn it on for a short time b4 it freezes my a$$. I always had my A/C on tho (dont matter if its set to blow from the floor vent or not, as long as the A/C is on, my seats get cold fast)
Old 07-04-07, 09:03 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, if your back/bottom covers all the perforation, the air does not flow.

I find the air "feels best" when you lean a little forward to allow the air to travel from the seat to your back...
Old 07-04-07, 09:06 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Mine seems to be working ok. Are the vents of the seats dependent on how high you turn up the fan? Perhaps try that. I've had people sitting in the front seat and they're like, "damn, this feels good!!!" So I guess it works as it should, but I'm always wearing jeans so it takes awhile to cool my *** off.
Old 07-04-07, 11:12 PM
mir
Driver

I can feel them coming only when I am in my shorts. Feels pretty good after a basketball game. But wearing a jeans, no chance in hell
Old 07-05-07, 12:42 AM
cancellino
Pole Position

I am happy that I have them but do not think that they work very well...
Old 07-05-07, 07:24 AM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

They do ventilate from the back also.

You are correct that even on the high setting (position 3) there is not a lot of air flow. Think of trying to blow air through a very thin sponge and this is what the seats mimick with those tiny perforated holes.

If a larger fan had been used, you probably would have started hearing your seats which I would not have liked.

Think of them more as "breathable" seats. They are still much, much better than not perforated seats without ventilation. I will always sweat on those.

Cheers,

Old Oiler
Old 07-05-07, 09:50 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Old Oiler
They are still much, much better than not perforated seats without ventilation. I will always sweat on those.

Cheers,

Old Oiler
I agree!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-07, 09:59 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have two thoughts on this one. I initially agreed with you. I live in Vegas and it will be 116 today. In fact I took it in to have them look at my passenger seat because that one seemed to be worse off than my driver seat. They said it was working fine. Which said to me that there is not much coming out of those holes. However, they work great during the 80 degree days versus the "Hotter thah Hell."

They are still better than a standard leather seat. That is a for sure thought. I bought my wife a new RX350 and I was sorely dissapointed that they didn't have the key FOB or vented seats. Anyway, my point being is that they get damn hot when they sit in the sun here so the vents make a big difference by far.
Old 07-05-07, 10:19 PM
2IS250
Driver School Candidate

I think it's just something to tell people we have (Ex. I got a/c in the seats). I think the heated seats will be more effective than the ventilated seats. My opinion I am very disappointed with the results on the cooling down issue. I am just curious if the BMW's is on point.

Quick Reply: Ventilated Seats