IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

To You Guys Out In The South Pacific (and girls)

Old 06-28-07, 05:47 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To You Guys Out In The South Pacific (and girls)

Several of you on here are from Hawaii. And before I get "hosed" (beat with a rubber hose), I know we have a gentleman from Puerto Rico also and a few others from secluded beautiful island "hangouts". But the people from the islands are, well, landlocked so to speak.

I've been to Hawaii a couple of times, never to the Big Island, but my question is, where do you guys/girls take road trips?

This is probably a really stupid question and I guess if you live there the question is, "Does it really matter! It's Paradise you idiot!"

Of course you don't have to have a Lexus to drive the islands, but of course also, it's much better to cruise in style, comfort, luxury, shall I go on? I thought not.

I'd really be interested to hear back. Maybe I could sell all of my stuff here find a 10X10 spot on the beach to become a "squatter" on and ship my car there.

Cheers,

Old Oiler
Old 06-28-07, 06:05 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Oiler
Several of you on here are from Hawaii. And before I get "hosed" (beat with a rubber hose), I know we have a gentleman from Puerto Rico also and a few others from secluded beautiful island "hangouts". But the people from the islands are, well, landlocked so to speak.

I've been to Hawaii a couple of times, never to the Big Island, but my question is, where do you guys/girls take road trips?

This is probably a really stupid question and I guess if you live there the question is, "Does it really matter! It's Paradise you idiot!"

Of course you don't have to have a Lexus to drive the islands, but of course also, it's much better to cruise in style, comfort, luxury, shall I go on? I thought not.

I'd really be interested to hear back. Maybe I could sell all of my stuff here find a 10X10 spot on the beach to become a "squatter" on and ship my car there.

Cheers,

Old Oiler
ROFL ok... where to begin... yes were landlocked, thats why we thought ppl in New Orleans were just plain dumb not to evacuate the city, we got no where to evacuate too, they had no excuse, there were thousands of skool buses sitting in lots... blah blah blah... enough of that (dont bother flaming me about this cuz like i said, we got nowhere to go) it was the city/state/fed's fault, all of them...

Road trips: we cruise to the beach, thats the hang out spot or take nice drives up the mountian roads, tantalus drive. Really thou its not like a mainland road trip where you can hop on the I-5 and just drive for days. We have only 2 directions here, Mauka (towards the mountians) or Makai (towards the ocean).

Paradise... hmm... for the weather, beach, water sportsman, volconologist yes its (bikinis all year round ). ALTHOUGH we pay 6-8bucks for a gal of milk, the cost of living here is outrageous, $500k usd will get you a crappy house in a not so good neighborhood, 3-5k sq ft land then add the house so about 3ft around the house as a yard... that is IF you can find someone selling at 500k to begin with...

You dont need a lexus to drive around the mainland right? your in texas so why arent you in a silverado or f-150? shall i go on? i thought not.

HAHA live on the beach, got alot of that already, BUT if your white you may encounter some problems with the squatter lifestyle.

High cost of living and lower wage rates... this is the reason most of us live at home or at the spouses home.
Old 06-28-07, 06:21 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
ROFL ok... where to begin... yes were landlocked, thats why we thought ppl in New Orleans were just plain dumb not to evacuate the city, we got no where to evacuate too, they had no excuse, there were thousands of skool buses sitting in lots... blah blah blah... enough of that (dont bother flaming me about this cuz like i said, we got nowhere to go) it was the city/state/fed's fault, all of them...

Road trips: we cruise to the beach, thats the hang out spot or take nice drives up the mountian roads, tantalus drive. Really thou its not like a mainland road trip where you can hop on the I-5 and just drive for days. We have only 2 directions here, Mauka (towards the mountians) or Makai (towards the ocean).

Paradise... hmm... for the weather, beach, water sportsman, volconologist yes its (bikinis all year round ). ALTHOUGH we pay 6-8bucks for a gal of milk, the cost of living here is outrageous, $500k usd will get you a crappy house in a not so good neighborhood, 3-5k sq ft land then add the house so about 3ft around the house as a yard... that is IF you can find someone selling at 500k to begin with...

You dont need a lexus to drive around the mainland right? your in texas so why arent you in a silverado or f-150? shall i go on? i thought not.

HAHA live on the beach, got alot of that already, BUT if your white you may encounter some problems with the squatter lifestyle.

High cost of living and lower wage rates... this is the reason most of us live at home or at the spouses home.
Great response! I just had to wipe down my computer screen from blowing rum and coke all over it while reading your response! I'm still chuckling as I type this. And yes, this is for everyone to read!

I don't remember milk costing that much, but it was a looong time ago that I was there.

What about the IS', are there many, I would think not! How do you keep the sand out of the car, I know rust is not a problem with the technology today.

What a fantasy life you Hawaiians must have! I'd trade the oil business (bidness) anyday for that.

Shoot, what is it there, noon as of the time of this post?

Ahhhh, pulling up to the beach, (dream), "Uh Sir, I'd like that MaiTai a double please, and while you're at it bring us several of your best island shooters. We're going to enjoy the scenery from our Lexus here!"

Can you tell me more about that 10X10' squatters site that you said I might not like too much? Anything can be had for a price, or should I say giving up for a price?

Old Oiler Off to Hawaya! (That's how my Texas grandmother called it.)
Old 06-28-07, 06:25 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

I forgot to add, Hawaii is one of the few places that you can drive your Lexus from skiing to the beach in a matter of a few minutes!

The rum and coke is working

The Old ****
Old 06-28-07, 06:49 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I both walk to work. He car is almost three years old and has 3400 miles! Cost of living high? Yes, but I only fill the gas tank once every month or so. Guess I will stay. I watch whales in the winter from my lanai. I walk to the beach in 2 minutes. I am watching the surf as I type this. Life is tough. Oh back to cruising, North shore a couple of times a year and out to Sandy beach about once a month. Headed for there right now on my bicycle. What more could anyone want.

Aloha,
Larry
Old 06-28-07, 07:07 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hst(hawaii standard time) to tx, central? durring daylight savings is 5hr diff.

There are alot of IS, everytime i drive to honolulu i see 2-3. As for 250/350 i dunno usally their in the other direction. This is JDM/ricer central after all.

Squatters life... on the beach is alot of local families that cant afford the cost of living, no affordable housing (projects). Being some white guy (that is a minus against you right there) with a lexus... trust me, you dont want that, like a white guy living in some very low rent black neighborhood with a lexus... Not a good idea. Im not saying that all of hawaii discriminates against whites its just that... well... squatting on the beach is not something i would recomend for you.

If you wanna buy something thou, what you sell your house for in the mainland and what you'll get for that money here... HAHA. Best comparison would be San Francisco relastate prices.
Old 06-29-07, 03:27 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Larrym9681
My wife and I both walk to work. He car is almost three years old and has 3400 miles! Cost of living high? Yes, but I only fill the gas tank once every month or so. Guess I will stay. I watch whales in the winter from my lanai. I walk to the beach in 2 minutes. I am watching the surf as I type this. Life is tough. Oh back to cruising, North shore a couple of times a year and out to Sandy beach about once a month. Headed for there right now on my bicycle. What more could anyone want.

Aloha,
Larry
Ouch, that makes my home life hurt! We want Hawaii!

Old Oiler
Old 06-29-07, 03:33 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
hst(hawaii standard time) to tx, central? durring daylight savings is 5hr diff.

There are alot of IS, everytime i drive to honolulu i see 2-3. As for 250/350 i dunno usally their in the other direction. This is JDM/ricer central after all.

Squatters life... on the beach is alot of local families that cant afford the cost of living, no affordable housing (projects). Being some white guy (that is a minus against you right there) with a lexus... trust me, you dont want that, like a white guy living in some very low rent black neighborhood with a lexus... Not a good idea. Im not saying that all of hawaii discriminates against whites its just that... well... squatting on the beach is not something i would recomend for you.

If you wanna buy something thou, what you sell your house for in the mainland and what you'll get for that money here... HAHA. Best comparison would be San Francisco relastate prices.

Yeah, I don't think my wife and her Lexus would go for the squatters life! I know the cost is expensive. Lots of people from work get transferred to the Bay area and the price is exorbitant.

My company has a refinery though at Barber's Point. That helps some.

Cheers,
Old Oiler