IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bluetooth pairing doesn't work with my new Verizon phone. Suggestions?

Old 06-26-07, 09:54 AM
skingsland
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bluetooth pairing doesn't work with my new Verizon phone. Suggestions?

I've tried 2 brand new Verizon cell phones recently, and couldn't get either one to pair with my '06 IS 350:
  • Motorola Razr Maxx Ve
  • LG VX8300

But my 2 year old Moto E815 works fine! (also Verizon)

The car tells me that I entered an incorrect passcode, even though I've entered it correctly, and I've tried this multiple times.

Here are the steps I've followed:
  1. put phone in "discovery" mode (I tried with and without this step)
  2. initiate "add new phone" from car (now it says to connect from phone)
  3. select "add new device" on phone, see that car shows up as "1"
  4. select "pair" on phone
  5. enter passcode into phone (1111) when prompted

After all of that, the phone says "confirming PIN", while the car says something like "pairing failed (because of invalid PIN)". I tried changing the PIN on the car (to 9999) and using that instead, but it didn't fix it. I tried deleting my old Moto phone from the car, and that didn't work either.

I went to this website to see which phones are officially supported/tested for the IS:

http://www4.lexusbluetooth.letstalk....iew=1&model=IS

The Razr Maxx Ve isn't listed (it's pretty new though), but the VX8300 is, so at least *that* should have worked.

So... am I doing something wrong? Does anyone else have a problem pairing a newer Verizon phone, or have any suggestions for me to try?
Old 06-26-07, 10:09 AM
Smoky350
Pole Position

I know that the Motorola Q and Motorola Maxx from Verizon work with the IS350 and show up the battery life and signal strength. Make sure that you are entering the correct pass code. You can check and change your passcode when you go to the bluetooth settings or something like that in the cars phone menu. I don't remember exactly off the top of my head so just look around in the menus or check the manual.
Old 06-26-07, 11:00 AM
skingsland
Driver

Originally Posted by Smoky350
I know that the Motorola Q and Motorola Maxx from Verizon work with the IS350 and show up the battery life and signal strength. Make sure that you are entering the correct pass code. You can check and change your passcode when you go to the bluetooth settings or something like that in the cars phone menu. I don't remember exactly off the top of my head so just look around in the menus or check the manual.
Thanks! I knew they should work. So it's something specific to my car and/or phone.

As for the passcode/PIN, it must be 4 digits (0-9) on both the phone and the car. I'm pressing the "1" key four times when the car's nav screen tells me to enter "1111". Plus I switched it to "9999" and tried that. I just don't see how I could be messing this part up...
Old 06-26-07, 11:03 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

This is an easy fix. After your phone says paired and the car is still "hanging" make a call on your phone. It's like some sort of extra security thing or glitch I'm not sure, but my treo 755 was doing the same thing.
Old 06-26-07, 11:12 AM
skingsland
Driver

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
This is an easy fix. After your phone says paired and the car is still "hanging" make a call on your phone. It's like some sort of extra security thing or glitch I'm not sure, but my treo 755 was doing the same thing.
Thanks, I'll try that!!

I saw someone else post that on here (maybe you?) in another thread when I did my search for "verizon bluetooth"... figured it was just a workaround for that model phone. Weird that I didn't need to do that for my *last* verizon moto phone!

I guess the only problem I see is that, in my case, the phone kinda hangs on the "trying to pair" screen while the nav display pretty quickly switches over to the "pairing failed" screen. So while my phone still stays "pairing..." I'll hit SEND or start dialing a number and hit SEND??
Old 06-26-07, 11:19 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

It might not be the same problem then. My nav was hanging for a bit. But the weird thing is that my Treo 650 doesnt have the same issue, only the newer 755 model does.
Old 06-26-07, 05:58 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Reset your phone once in a while too. I work for Verizon Wireless, and twice I have been setting up clients BT and they wouldn't connect. I just reset the phone and all was fine.
Old 06-26-07, 07:19 PM
skingsland
Driver

Smile

So, I fixed it! (at least for the Moto Maxx Ve... the VX8300 is my girl friend's) I noticed that the car's bluetooth didn't have a "name"... it was showing up as "1" on my phone but in the car's bluetooth system it was just blank. So I gave it a name, and tried again and it worked!

I messed around with some other stuff as well, but don't remember actually changing any settings besides this.

So if your bluetooth phone won't pair with your car's bluetooth... try changing the car's bluetooth settings and giving it a name.
Old 06-27-07, 04:00 PM
bshady
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
Reset your phone once in a while too. I work for Verizon Wireless, and twice I have been setting up clients BT and they wouldn't connect. I just reset the phone and all was fine.
Care to elaborate on a way to sync the Q and the phonebook without entering each number manually?
Old 06-27-07, 07:10 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bshady
Care to elaborate on a way to sync the Q and the phonebook without entering each number manually?
No way with the Q. I tried it myself.

The only thing that worked for me was syncing one contact at a time with the Q, but I'm quicker at just typing it myself.
Old 06-27-07, 09:25 PM
bshady
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
No way with the Q. I tried it myself.

The only thing that worked for me was syncing one contact at a time with the Q, but I'm quicker at just typing it myself.
thats ahh...pretty dissapointing. Im wondering if we could do some sort of outlook transfer from like a laptop or something.