IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HomeLink

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-07, 10:17 PM
JefSpicoli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HomeLink

Does anyone actually know how to work the Home Link. I tried every possible way that the manual instructed so I could stop using my remote control and use this feature on my car. However, nothing works. Any advice?
Old 06-19-07, 10:21 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

what are you trying to program? remote gate? garage door?
Old 06-19-07, 10:24 PM
Nuster
Driver

From your short comment, I think your garage opener is a "Rolling Code" type. There's additional instruction to connect your Homelink to your garage.

Read it again. One helpful hint is to to press the homelink button at the same time as your remote. It should flashes rapidly after around ten second or so. If that is the case, that's mean your garage opener is a rolling type.

After you testing the remote, you press the "learning" button behind your garage opener. There should be just one button. After you press the learning button, run fast and "press and hold" (2 seconds or so) the same homelink button that you tested, a couple time.

It should work. It works with mine, but only after I test to see if my garage is a rolling type or not.

I hope this make sense. If you still confuse, please free to ask again.
Old 06-19-07, 10:27 PM
JefSpicoli
Driver School Candidate

Yeah. It totally makes sense. It's a remote gate and I think it's a rolling code b/c it does have the red training button. Anyway - i tried holding the remote button and homelink button at same time and there was no flash. I also tried pressing training button then running back to car and pressing home link button. Am I not doing it quick enough?
Old 06-19-07, 11:47 PM
Nuster
Driver

You have to test it first. When I did mine, I really got frustrated. But, finally I found the trick. You have to test it first in order to get it recognize by the opener.

I know what you mean. You have to find out how to get your homelink button on your IS to flash.

Try this:

Click on your garage door remote, then 1/10 a second later press and hold the homelink button and don't release the remote yet until the light start to flashing on the homelink button. If it still doesn't work, try it again.

If it does work, then you can proceed to program the homelink with your garage opener.

Remeber, you have to use the same homelink button that you tested when you program it the opener.

That's all I can help. Good luck!
Old 06-20-07, 12:04 AM
JefSpicoli
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks

I think i tried that and all get is a slow and continuous flashing light on the homelink. I am so ready to strangle myself. do you think it's an outdate system in my apt building? it has a red training button. thanks again.
Old 06-20-07, 04:41 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JefSpicoli
I think i tried that and all get is a slow and continuous flashing light on the homelink. I am so ready to strangle myself. do you think it's an outdate system in my apt building? it has a red training button. thanks again.
I'm with you. I've got a Genie Exelerator door opener with rolling codes. I can get the homelink to flash at the first step with the remote near the homelink, but once I go to the learn button on the opener, I can't get the home link to learn. The only thing I have left is to try a new battery in the remote and try again. The process also erases the memory in my remotes. I've tried the Homelink.com instructions, even the Canadian instructions--no dice. I read on one posting that the dealer programed the homelink when the picked up the car for the first service--I may be making them do that.
Old 06-20-07, 07:09 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could go back to your dealer and ask for a copy of the instruction sheet...
Old 06-20-07, 07:57 AM
Yay-Z
Lead Lap

all u do is press the learn button, go back to your car and press and release the button you want to use about 5 or 6 times, it should work on the on 5th press. Thats whats in the manual , I did it for myself and my girlfriends car as well
Old 06-20-07, 08:09 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Be sure the manufacturer is Homelink compliant. I lived in a gated community with a Door King gate controller. Door King is not Homelink compliant. It would never work no matter what I did. It was a piece of cake to get it to work with the Genie garage door opener though.

Also, once you have programmed a button, you may need to erase the entire Homelink configuration if you want to reprogram one button. I had to do this when I moved from California to Georgia and wanted to use the button I originally assigned to the gate (but never worked.) Even though it didn't work the gate, I had to clear it to reprogram it for the garage door at the new house.
Old 06-20-07, 08:26 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by yemilipede
all u do is press the learn button, go back to your car and press and release the button you want to use about 5 or 6 times, it should work on the on 5th press. Thats whats in the manual , I did it for myself and my girlfriends car as well
How long did you hold the Homelink button down each of those 5-6 times you pressed it?
Old 06-20-07, 09:10 AM
ToastedAzn
Rookie

Is your remote the mini with one or multiple buttons?.If the remote is the one with multiple buttons try holding down one of the smaller buttons when programming instead of using the main one.

I went nuts for 2 weeks trying to program my Homelink when i came across a thread on CL doing a search.I tried his method and voila it actually worked!

Good luck and hope it works for ya man.I know how frustrating it was.
Old 06-20-07, 01:24 PM
JefSpicoli
Driver School Candidate

Default Omg!

I got it to work!!!!! all i needed to do was get a new battery for my remote and try it again and voila! didn't even have to press the training button.
Old 06-20-07, 01:30 PM
Yay-Z
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tex2670
How long did you hold the Homelink button down each of those 5-6 times you pressed it?
just press and release, u dont have to hold it down

I see u got it fixed, congrats man
Old 09-12-12, 02:15 PM
cosmicgirl
Driver School Candidate

Default doorking remote

we just installed an electric gate across our driveway. we are already in sync with a garage door opener, but couldnt quite the doorking as it isnt 'homelinked', its a rolling code.
so here goes my explanation, hopefully it will be clear enough to help someone else w/same issue. on the motor is a small chrome/silver box, take off cover. there is a circuit board that has a square black button (almost 1" square) left side. rite next to this button are 2 teeny buttons, 1 black,(learn button), 1 yellow. you have to press the 'learn button' the yellow button lites up for about 30 seconds.(this is your window of time to set remote on mirror) while yellow button is lit, press the button in your car (the one on the rear view mirror). so it basically takes 2 people to program, one who is at the motor for gate & one who is in car.
hopefully this helps. perhaps not quite clear, but hopefully you can figure out.

Quick Reply: HomeLink