IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

remote start or windows/sunroof open???

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-07, 08:01 PM
ConradEOD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote start or windows/sunroof open???

I thought I had seen somewhere where the IS350 had one or both of these features with the factory remote. Is this true? I'm picking up my '06 IS350 on Monday with every single option besides adaptive cruise. If so, can you tell me how it's done?

My old Acura TSX as well as Infiniti G35 coupe both had the windows down function by either holding down unlock or holding down both lock and unlock at the same time...

Thanks!
Old 06-13-07, 08:17 PM
nabisco
Lead Lap

Windows and sunroof will open via key but nothing else. They will not roll back up.
Old 06-13-07, 08:33 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea only roll down, no up. and no remote start, someone has been able to get the factory remote start but i don't think they can shut it off with the remote. i remember reading a few months ago
Old 06-13-07, 09:10 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Don't sweat on it ya'll, i have it going down and up but never use it.
Old 10-26-07, 06:48 PM
Mikey2007
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ldc
Do you have it rolling up with the remote? That would be cool, but like you said no biggie, i think it would be for impressiveness only....
Either way, can you tell me how y ou did it?

Last edited by Mikey2007; 10-26-07 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-27-07, 07:28 AM
DailyDrive
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ldc
you are also not in the states. i remember there was a thread on this a while back about the cars in the US does not have the roll up feature via remote because of safety issues? i'm sure somebody else will chime in.
Old 10-27-07, 08:11 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

i can roll them up and down too,i guess this was deleted from the US spec IS.
Old 10-27-07, 09:57 AM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

ya its a "safety issue" if you recalled there were many deaths/injuries involved with children getting their head stuck in windows closing... although it didnt involve a key...
Old 10-28-07, 06:43 AM
DaRacerz
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm just curious, how are these features disabled? Because I'd be very hard pressed to believe that Lexus uses different S/W in the US edition against versions abroad. Its probably a physical jumper or wiring harness change to bring such features back to the US model.
Old 10-28-07, 09:25 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DaRacerz
I'm just curious, how are these features disabled? Because I'd be very hard pressed to believe that Lexus uses different S/W in the US edition against versions abroad. Its probably a physical jumper or wiring harness change to bring such features back to the US model.
Given there's a half dozen other features about the door/window/smartkey system that can be changed in software why would you be hard pressed to think this feature is disabled that way as well? Seems a lot easier to do that than make a physical change in the wiring.
Old 10-28-07, 04:38 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by inxexisten
ya its a "safety issue" if you recalled there were many deaths/injuries involved with children getting their head stuck in windows closing... although it didnt involve a key...
You guys should not believe what you hear about this safety issue thingie unless there is a legel document to state that it is so, from Lexus or US.

If it is such an issue, then Lexus should have implemented it worldwide.

The openning/closing of moonroof/windows via remote is for use when you are out of the car (not in). The logical explaination to use the remote to open/close roof/windows is to help release hot air before entering OR close them in situations where you have already gotten out of the car and wondered off only to relised you have left something open/down. It is for practicalility.
Old 10-28-07, 07:44 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

You can roll up the windows with the driver's door key lock as well.

Even though there is little info pertaining to liability of the window rollup feature most of us can come to the conclusion that it is indeed to protect the manufacturer.

I would like to figure out if its the key that is programmed to prevent the window up control or the reciever unit itself.

Last edited by carchitect; 10-28-07 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-28-07, 07:49 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ldc
The openning/closing of moonroof/windows via remote is for use when you are out of the car (not in). The logical explaination to use the remote to open/close roof/windows is to help release hot air before entering OR close them in situations where you have already gotten out of the car and wondered off only to relised you have left something open/down. It is for practicalility.
Just out of curiosity, how do you roll up the windows? In the US the window roll down command is processed if the user would press and hold the unlock key for over a second. The windows would roll down for the lenght of time the unlock button was depressed. Of course, the personalized setting changes could modify this control but by default the windows open along with the sunroof opening.
Old 10-28-07, 08:33 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

"protect the manufacture"? i'd say the mass that think this should sell their cars and go buy a Kia.

Roll up windows/close roof (ALL THE FREAKN WAY!) = press the lock button for so long as they fully shut (or to any point you want them to shut to by stop pressing).

Roll down windows/open roof (ALL THE FREAKN WAY!) = press the unlock button for so long as they fully openned (or to any point you want them to open by stop pressing).

What is this BS about 1/8 ways?
Old 10-29-07, 06:18 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Wow. So the non-US IS get window rollup via lock button. All we have active is the window roll down via unlock buton.

Quick Reply: remote start or windows/sunroof open???