IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How to Keep Cashmere, Cashmere

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-07, 10:59 PM
BucBaby
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face How to Keep Cashmere, Cashmere

We just ordered a Matador Red Mica IS250 6M/T with Cashmere interior. We saw one in that color combination that we simply fell in love with. Since we special ordered, I asked if we could make the carpet black and have it sort of like the Sterling interior, but with cashmere on the seats and doors. I thought that is would look nice and show less dirt. I also noticed that the plastic around the area on the carpet where you step in is black on that one too. Well they said that they couldn’t do that. We really didn’t like the Sterling with the red. Black seats in Florida…we didn’t want to take the chance. My parents actually traded in a fairly new Lexus once because it was all black and just too hot. So we went for the cashmere.

Now here’s what I want to know. Those of you that have it, how do you take care of it? Did you Scotchguard it? Did you use the Lexus plastic mats? They said that they would throw them in for us, but it just reminds me of my husband’s grandmother’s living room furniture...all incased in plastic. I suppose it’s different on the floor. I read here where one guy felt silly keeping his carpet nice for the next person that bought his car!

I love the look…please help me and tell me how to keep it that way.
Old 06-12-07, 11:21 PM
mir
Driver

Wow you asked the exact same things I wanted to know.

I have matador red mica with cashmere interior. My wife and I both love it. It is such a nice color combo. But even before leaving the dealer's lot we were worried about keeping it clean. So we looked at another 250 with black interior. But did not quite like it. :

Now after 10+ days of owning the new car, I can say for sure it is a bit difficult to keep it clean. Maybe I am paranoid, but I think I see a little bit of dark streaks in carpet, seat everywhere ! But good thing is seats can be kept clean relatively easy. Not so much with carpet. I am thinking of getting something to put on top of it. Atleast on driver's side. I can already see a bit of indentation in the carpet when I keep my right foot. I know my blabber did not help you much, but atleast you have company.
Old 06-12-07, 11:36 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

We have been using "Weather Tech" all weather mats and are very pleased. They are made of good quality, don't have an odor like some mats do, don't move around, and look pretty good as well. After purchasing a full set for the 07 RX350 (also cashmere interior), we got rid of the "other brand" mats for our other cars and truck. Our only car that is not fitted with Weather Tech is my husband's "toy" since they don't make it for that model; 07 Ferrari F430 Spider.
http://www.weathertech.com/
Old 06-12-07, 11:39 PM
acl15
Lead Lap

I got the all weather mats from lexus the day after I bought my car. They're the best mats ever imo.
Old 06-13-07, 01:13 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

check out the detailing section:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing-122/
Old 06-13-07, 01:33 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

They couldn't change the carpet colour from cashmere to black but could they not give you a set of black carpet mats? With them and a liberal spraying of Scotchguard on any exposed areas you should be ok. Keep your cashmere mats for sunday best.
Old 06-13-07, 01:37 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
We have been using "Weather Tech" all weather mats and are very pleased. They are made of good quality, don't have an odor like some mats do, don't move around, and look pretty good as well. After purchasing a full set for the 07 RX350 (also cashmere interior), we got rid of the "other brand" mats for our other cars and truck. Our only car that is not fitted with Weather Tech is my husband's "toy" since they don't make it for that model; 07 Ferrari F430 Spider.
http://www.weathertech.com/
Can you post a photoshoot with both cars together?

Regards,

Warrionex
Old 06-13-07, 07:27 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yea I use the Lexus all weather mats, add a nice touch to the vehicle
Old 06-13-07, 07:29 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

I use the Lexus clear plastic mats and I love them because you can still have the look of carpet mats but with some added protection.
Old 06-13-07, 08:09 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

You guys need to check out and post this question at www.autopia.org
Old 06-13-07, 08:14 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I have the sterling interior and I didn't want my Lexus mats to get dirty so I went to wally world and purchased additional mats for like 10 bucks.

They work well, I guess it would be harder to do in a cashmere car due to the color clash buuuuuuuuut its a cheap alternative and works just as good.
Old 06-13-07, 10:05 AM
mir
Driver

Originally Posted by jasonviper
I use the Lexus clear plastic mats and I love them because you can still have the look of carpet mats but with some added protection.
Did you get it from the dealer or somewhere else?

Thanks
Mir
Old 06-13-07, 10:22 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I got a clear overlay "exact mats" to put on top.
If you want the black mats lexus-parts.com sells the factory mats around $130.

Now tho I accidently left some shoe marks over my door panel and ledge as you mentioned they are all cashmere colored plastic too. I am thinking of using aerospace 303 protectant what do you all think?

Other than that the cashmere is very nice since we have very hot summers and intense sun.
Old 06-13-07, 10:28 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Here is pictures of my clear mats, I know it's a little cheesy but you can't really notice it looking from outside with windows up. I will take this over soiled carpets.

Old 06-13-07, 10:30 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Yep. Those are "exact mats" and they have them for various models of Lexus. They are a perfect fit and are available at Longo Lexus.

Quick Reply: How to Keep Cashmere, Cashmere