IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

is250 TSB

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-07, 06:24 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin
damn, i can't beleive i missed this. Thanks for the great info. I will contact the corporate and let them know how sux tustin lexus's service. Bunch of liers and discrace for being in the service department for lexus.

what CA lexus did you guys all bring your car in to get the TSB? We need our 250 fix asap. We have so much problem with 250 and i'm not even kidding.....
I called Tustin lexus yesterday told them about the TSB and they said no problem and gave me an appt for Monday morning at 7:45. I have a '07 RWD 250..What did they say to you? declined to perform the TSB?
Old 06-03-07, 06:35 PM
gfm4me
Driver School Candidate

I would be interested in hearing whether Tustin Lexus are able to do the TSB for you. I had an appointment today (Sunday) along with an oil change, and after leaving my car, they called and said that they had made a mistake and did not have the correct brake pads for the TSB. The pads are supposed to come in on Wednesday, so I'm scheduled to go back next weekend. I hope they're not giving me the run around...
Old 06-03-07, 07:08 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gfm4me
I would be interested in hearing whether Tustin Lexus are able to do the TSB for you. I had an appointment today (Sunday) along with an oil change, and after leaving my car, they called and said that they had made a mistake and did not have the correct brake pads for the TSB. The pads are supposed to come in on Wednesday, so I'm scheduled to go back next weekend. I hope they're not giving me the run around...
i'm going to be pissed if I get up extra early tomorrow and drop my car off for no reason.
Old 06-03-07, 08:28 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
got mine done at glendale. what did tustin say to deny you?
The service guy said that the last time you came here "we told you your break was fine." I told him that we have brake problem since the beginning and every time we you guys tell will tell us that there is no TSB for 250. How is it fine if there is still a very very loud noise? I don’t care about the dust but the noise is beyond my racing brake on my s2000. Now there is a fix and that is why we are back.

He later went to speak to his manager Rene, and he came out tell us that there is nothing they can do. He told me that they do not have any loner for us and I think it’s just BS. There are about 5 loner car sitting outside and it was a very slow Sunday. When we were about to walk away he later insist to give us the car cuz my girl is really upset. I ask him “you are telling me that you are not going to do anything to help us, is that right?” He late said that, “fine, we’ll give you a car.” The only reason he’ll give us a car is because we told them we have enough and will contact your manager on Monday and will contact corporate.

We end up not leaving the car there because I know they are not going to make it right anyway. We will contact corporate tomorrow.
Old 06-03-07, 08:35 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BottomsUp
I called Tustin lexus yesterday told them about the TSB and they said no problem and gave me an appt for Monday morning at 7:45. I have a '07 RWD 250..What did they say to you? declined to perform the TSB?
who did you speak to? I normally talk to David and he's very very cool. Unforturnate that he was there today and I had to speak to somebody else. It was our first time dealing with the service guy and I do not know why he had to go inside and call in Rene.
If i were you I'll becareful when youhave your car there. Check everything before you leave it. Last time they drop something on the top of my girl's car's hood and it was a big chip. Everytime when i go there i had to check my car with the guy there to make sure I have no scratch. they curb my rim there last time and I have to drop it off to them to get it fix. They know they have to fix it cuz they know they check the car with me prior.

WE don't complain if it's our fault.I understand getting rock chip is normal and what ever we did we do not want them to fix. But if they did it I would make sure they fix it. I have only brought my 350 in once for seat belt and 5000 miles service and they curb my rim. I've brought my girl's 250 in at least 10 times for different types of problems. I know, she's very unlucky that she got a bad lexus.....
Old 06-03-07, 08:38 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

i'm going to be pissed if I get up extra early tomorrow and drop my car off for no reason.
that's is exactly what we said. Why do we want to here on a Sunday if there is no problem with her car....We do not want to waste anyone, and our time. If there is no problem with my 350 I wouldn't bring it in and get it fix even there is a soution.
Old 06-03-07, 11:11 PM
chaos6458
Pole Position

got mine done over the weekend.
did notice a small performance decrease but no dust and noise.
i'm satisfied!!
Old 06-04-07, 12:13 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Well my car is there right now. Hopefully they have the part in and replace the pads. The service manager was a bit skeptical at first, but I handed him a print out of the TSB and he said ok as long as I agreed to the part about potentialy reduced performance. This is at Tustin Lexus
Old 06-04-07, 12:20 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Well my car is there right now. Hopefully they have the part in and replace the pads. The service manager was a bit skeptical at first, but I handed him a print out of the TSB and he said ok as long as I agreed to the part about potentialy reduced performance. This is at Tustin Lexus
Why don't they just say the same and everything will be fine???
Old 06-04-07, 12:54 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chaos6458
got mine done over the weekend.
did notice a small performance decrease but no dust and noise.
i'm satisfied!!
which dealer did you bring your car in?
Old 06-04-07, 03:49 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gfm4me
gfm4me you were right. I just got a call that the parts are in, but they are keeping it overnight and said they should be in tomorrow.
Old 06-05-07, 07:54 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

got the car back today. Pads changed. By the looks of the service receipt they also changed the disks and did something to the caliper