IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navigation Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-07, 10:10 AM
optsgirl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Problem

Something is wrong with my navigation. My friend was playing with it on Friday night. I don't know what she did to it.

For some reason it is diplaying upstate NY and I am on Long Island.
Is there anyway to reset it? Is there a CD for the navigation or do I need to bring it to the dealer.

Thanks everyone.
Old 05-27-07, 02:05 PM
Koofteh
Pole Position

Okay I don't have nav and have never played with one but since nobody responded yet: Isn't there a little US map on the right side of the nav screen which lets you choose what region you're in?
Old 05-27-07, 02:28 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default manual adjustment

Assuming you are in the correct region..you can do a manual adjustment of your location. I had to do this a few months ago as the Nav was showing me off of my actual location by about 20 miles..Since doing the reset..no problems.
Old 05-27-07, 02:58 PM
Fastshootr
Driver School Candidate

yea, i have a navigation problem- stupid thing wont allow me to program it while driving! PPPTTTPPHHT!! stupid lexus! come on!
Old 05-27-07, 03:26 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by optsgirl
Something is wrong with my navigation. My friend was playing with it on Friday night. I don't know what she did to it.

Is there anyway to reset it? Is there a CD for the navigation or do I need to bring it to the dealer.

Thanks everyone.
I thought LI was upstate, no? lol, j/k

My nav is off as well, I live in the city and my nav is showing me out in BFE. Took it to the dealership and they are ordering for me an updated DVD as a fix.
Old 05-27-07, 04:27 PM
bISdak250
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Koofteh
Okay I don't have nav and have never played with one but since nobody responded yet: Isn't there a little US map on the right side of the nav screen which lets you choose what region you're in?
Yep, the North East should be on REGION US8, which should cover LI and Upstate NY. Try choosing a different region then choose region US8 again. See if it re-calibrates it.
Old 05-27-07, 05:41 PM
jet119
Rookie

Thanks everyone.
hit menu and select settings, select calibration and try to place the icon as close to your location as you can. if it still goes out then check and see if you have a GPS icon displayed on top left corner when the car is outside and running. if all that is ok than most likely you have a problem with the disk and that needs to be checked against the TSIB for proper vin range and replaced. bring your car to Rallye and we can take care of it.
Old 05-28-07, 08:18 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by jet119
hit menu and select settings, select calibration and try to place the icon as close to your location as you can. if it still goes out then check and see if you have a GPS icon displayed on top left corner when the car is outside and running. if all that is ok than most likely you have a problem with the disk and that needs to be checked against the TSIB for proper vin range and replaced. bring your car to Rallye and we can take care of it.
Look for the GPS icon first. If you have an '06 and the GPS icon isn't on, bring it to the dealer and have the DVD replaced under the TSIB.

Fixing the issue by using the calibration feature to orient the vehicle on the map is just covering up a real problem. You want a GPS based navigation system, not one that runs primarily in "fall back" mode using the speed sensor and gyros.
Old 05-28-07, 08:21 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

It's possible she just scrolled to that area and left it sitting there... did you try putting in a new destination (any destination) and letting it plot the route for you?
Old 05-28-07, 02:59 PM
aira
Pole Position

There is a TSIB for this problem btw. I took mine in and they ordered the updated disc for me. Still waiting on it though.
Old 05-28-07, 04:12 PM
drewj12
Rookie

Thanks everyone.
read the car manual, and pick your region, and next time make sure no one messes with your gps, its one of my biggest pet peeves while driving unless its someone i really trust. plus not that many people my age have gps so that could be another reason as well.
Old 05-28-07, 06:18 PM
optsgirl
Rookie

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
It's possible she just scrolled to that area and left it sitting there... did you try putting in a new destination (any destination) and letting it plot the route for you?
I have tried everything and accidently hit the map dvd icon and now it is telling me to insert disc. Now I don't have navigation.

BTW - Does this navigation have the disc built in, because I don't think I got a copy when I bought my car.
Old 05-28-07, 06:19 PM
optsgirl
Rookie

Originally Posted by aira
There is a TSIB for this problem btw. I took mine in and they ordered the updated disc for me. Still waiting on it though.
I had no idea there was a TSIB for this.

Are you getting 2006 or 2007?