IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-07, 09:43 AM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i saw an Infiniti m45 with these cheap sensors and first thing i thought of was this thread. and WOW these sensors make the car look less luxurious, and actually, like crap. something NEEDS to be done, dont settle for anything less then a new car in my opinion.
Old 05-05-07, 07:41 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates?
Old 05-05-07, 11:18 AM
Daisy1
Rookie

^ Yes. I went into the dealership to pick up my plates.I ran into the owner/manager and he seemed to be very responsive to the problem. He said he was just made aware of the issue this past Tuesday. He promised to get back to us within a couple of days.It gave me some hope that this problem will be resolved.
Old 05-05-07, 12:03 PM
cip
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Daisy1
^ Yes. I went into the dealership to pick up my plates.I ran into the owner/manager and he seemed to be very responsive to the problem. He said he was just made aware of the issue this past Tuesday. He promised to get back to us within a couple of days.It gave me some hope that this problem will be resolved.
This is encouraging!! That's why I PM'd you that you should talk to the owner
Old 05-05-07, 12:17 PM
Daisy1
Rookie

Originally Posted by cip
This is encouraging!! That's why I PM'd you that you should talk to the owner
^ yeah! thanks
Old 05-10-07, 01:10 AM
geoffers
Driver School Candidate

I take it there has been no response yet?

I wonder why the owner needed a couple of days?
Surely he could have made a decision when he got to know of the problem? It had already been a couple of days since finding out the problem when he bumped into you.

Anyway, its long past that now.
Old 05-10-07, 06:49 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Anything happen with this? Curious as to whether the dealership did the right thing finally.

Although making you stress and suffer and then eventually do the right thing deserves some compensation IMHO.
Old 05-11-07, 07:41 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

yeah this thread kinda died... I wonder what's been going on since last weekend.
Old 05-11-07, 07:48 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys and girls .... be patient. The owner's last post was on Saturday, May 5th when she said the owner of the dealership was looking into the situation and would get back to them in a few days. Give everyone a bit of time to get things sorted out. We are all interested in seeing that a satisfactory outcome to this situation is obtained, but let's stop circling like a bunch of vultures.
Old 05-11-07, 08:58 AM
syn1313
Rookie

Wow.. like i said the first time i read this waiting for the outcome..
Old 05-11-07, 04:13 PM
geoffers
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Guys and girls .... be patient. The owner's last post was on Saturday, May 5th when she said the owner of the dealership was looking into the situation and would get back to them in a few days. Give everyone a bit of time to get things sorted out. We are all interested in seeing that a satisfactory outcome to this situation is obtained, but let's stop circling like a bunch of vultures.
That is exactly my point - the owner had known of the issue for a few days, then wanted a few days to sort it out. I make decisions daily based on $1000's.

I'm a projects manager and sort issues asap - ones a lot larger than this. This is a silly situation that could be sorted and hardly takes a mastermind to look at the financial practicalities, etc.

Bearing in mind the length of time this has gone on (getting onto a month), do you not think it fair that patience isn't really going to last?. That's all the company seem to keep saying.... we'll get back to you.

Just healthy concern for fellow Lexus owners. Sometimes people feel they've gone on too much and don't like to post anymore - especially as a few negative posts have been in this thread.
Old 05-16-07, 05:00 AM
syn1313
Rookie

any luck ??
Old 05-16-07, 04:03 PM
geoffers
Driver School Candidate

I'm hoping they have gone away for a few days or can't get online.

My guess though, is that they have been warned off or offered a deal to say no more publicly. It should never have happened in the first place.

If you are reading this Daisy, I do hope it was resolved for you.
Old 05-16-07, 04:56 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Daisy1
UPDATE: Just heard from my Sales Rep. They are going to replace my bumper & refund me for the original system. Thank god for this guy, It looks like he is really trying to cure the situation.
Will this be an OEM bumper or a cheap knockoff? Don't trust them.
Old 05-16-07, 05:13 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Evitzee
I agree with you, though, a brand new car doesn't seem appropriate in this case. Seems people are pushing for a new car as some sort of punishment for the dealer.
NO! Daisy wanted, and was willing to pay for the intuitive park assist on the car, and the dealer did not have a car with the exact specs that the buyer wanted on the lot. The dealer installed a cheap aftermarket setup.

So you say that the dealer is right to simply replace the bumper and Daisy should move on? What about the park assist feature that the buyer wanted on the car? Should the buyer now have to live without it, even though the money was provided upfront?

The dealer OWES Daisy a new car with the OEM park assist. That is what customer service is all about.

Besides, a bumper replacement automatically lowers the resale value of the car, so a simple replacement is not enough compensation.

Quick Reply: ► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)