IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DVD/CD Changer Busted

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-07, 09:12 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default DVD/CD Changer Busted

I don't know how it happened, all was working fine until I go and try to load another disc(had 5 of the 6 slots taken). I pushed the load button and the player sounds like it is trying to locate an empty slot for about 2 minutes, I finally get a "DVD Error" message. I didn't push the disc in my hand early or anything, I just waited for the light to turn green and it never did.

I then tried to unload one of the discs, it couldn't find it, couldn't find any. Always got the "DVD Error" message after about 2 minutes of hearing the changer churning. Now I can't listen to music using my DVD/CD Player, no CD will work, no CD will eject, no CD will load. Don't know what the cause of this is. I tried hitting the sides to see, nothing. I seriously don't want to take it to the dealer and have them pry open the NAV because they won't show the time/care as if it was their own car.
Old 03-28-07, 10:16 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Were they burned discs?
Old 03-28-07, 10:48 PM
LexyIS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same thing happen to me when I tried playing a particular DVD-A disc. It would load in and not play or eject out. So what I end up doing was take another CD. Press the eject button and while it's start making the noise like it's about to eject the disc, I would actually try and push in the CD I'm holding (but not all the way in). By doing so, it would trigger the changer to spit out the problem disc. In fact I did this twice, because I was stupid enough to reload the problem disc back in hoping it'll play but instead it gave me the same error.
Goodluck
Old 03-28-07, 11:25 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LexyIS350
I had the same thing happen to me when I tried playing a particular DVD-A disc. It would load in and not play or eject out. So what I end up doing was take another CD. Press the eject button and while it's start making the noise like it's about to eject the disc, I would actually try and push in the CD I'm holding (but not all the way in). By doing so, it would trigger the changer to spit out the problem disc. In fact I did this twice, because I was stupid enough to reload the problem disc back in hoping it'll play but instead it gave me the same error.
Goodluck
OMG, Thank You so much, this totally worked, I got kinda scared, I stuck it in basically all the way and couldn't grip the CD with ease, so finally after getting a grip, it slid out with the trouble disc. You saved me a trip the dealer
Old 03-29-07, 12:20 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ooh, good info!
Old 03-29-07, 01:30 AM
LexyIS350
Driver

Good to hear it worked!
Old 08-08-07, 09:44 PM
chewie124
Driver School Candidate

Anybody have any other tricks to try? I'm having this exact problem, but when I press 'eject', the only thing that happens is the amber lights start blinking and that's about it. No 'whrrrr-ing' or any sounds that might indicate a CD is coming out. In fact, it seems like the door's jammed or something because when I tried to insert another CD in, to trigger the changer to spit out a disk, the CD door wouldn't even open. Looks like a visit to the dealer is in my near future..... :|
Old 08-09-07, 08:03 AM
stanley186
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem, took it over to the dealer, and they told me not to use Cd-Rs, as the layers are slightly different on them. I told him most of my music is on a cd-r, so he said to buy a particualr brand which is fujifilm audio cd-r.
eversince than no problems at all...
Old 08-09-07, 08:32 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

learned something new today
Old 08-09-07, 10:59 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, glad I read this! Now Ill know what to do!
Old 02-14-08, 07:30 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Oh fudge. My CD changer isn't responding to anything, and is giving me "Error 3" whenever I try to eject any disk. I guess this will be my first real need to take my 350 in to the dealer.
Old 02-14-08, 08:02 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus has had so many issues with the in-dash 5 disc changer for many years. Most of the gen 1's had issues. I went through two under warrenty myself. Not sure if Pioneer makes the unit for the 2 gen IS.
Old 02-14-08, 08:41 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stanley186
I had the same problem, took it over to the dealer, and they told me not to use Cd-Rs, as the layers are slightly different on them. I told him most of my music is on a cd-r, so he said to buy a particualr brand which is fujifilm audio cd-r.
eversince than no problems at all...
I did alot of bootleg CD trading, and I always insisted on media made in Japan, not the cheap Taiwan junk, which is probably why your dealer steered you to FujiFilm.
Old 02-14-08, 10:14 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No burnt CDs or DVDs, and mine ate my CDs and did not want to spit it out or load them. It happened after a year of ownership only.

The CD/DVD player was replaced under warranty. No problems since.
Old 11-22-13, 01:33 PM
doylem77
Driver School Candidate

Default DVD-A Eject Malfunction LS 460

I own a LS 460 2008 with the Mark Levinson sound system ands I had 5 cd's playing well until I loaded a sixth dvd-a disc. The dvd disc won't play and when i try to eject the audio turns off. I would be grateful for any help.

Quick Reply: DVD/CD Changer Busted