IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Well my 10 day old 2007 IS 250 is now for sale...

Old 03-21-07, 10:45 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

sounds like you have a plan, good luck with your new audi...

but why post on a forum of your decision (especially when it makes you look ____)?
Old 03-21-07, 10:47 PM
KSpider
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all of the input guys, I found a car that I am going to put a deposit down on. I just am now waiting for confirmation that a guy is going to take over my lease...

It is an 06 S4 with only 1500 miles on the clock. Warranty for 3.5 more years, so I am not too worried about reliability issues. I have never had any problems with the three I had. Now, the land rovers are a different story!

Whoever mentioned Lucas.. haha " lucas - Prince of Darkness"
Old 03-21-07, 10:50 PM
KSpider
Driver School Candidate

Torii...

your post and flaming from others helps the forum no more then me talking about my IS250. I am just having a discussion about the fact that I am going to sell my IS, and why, thats what Forums are for.

I apologize to anyone who is offended that I am selling my lexus for an Audi, please dont take it personally! Its a sweet car, just wasnt for ME.
Old 03-21-07, 10:57 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Dollar for dollar, the Lexus has no competition interms of luxury and inclusions.

Most if not all of the people buy BMWs and Audis either buy them for outright performance (e.g M3, RS4 etc) or just for the brand sake. I hope you're not those that fall in the latter category...
Old 03-21-07, 11:32 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after driving an AWD a4 quattro and being in a car while the salesman drove a FWD a4 2.0 s-line, then having the salesman take a sharp curve at over 80Mph and the car perfectly composed and planted i knew that the audi is a handling beast. The IS while its a great car does not match up same against the BMW 328 or 335i. i understand why you miss the audi
Old 03-22-07, 04:10 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KSpider
If you are interested, its in the classifieds...

I like the car, GREAT technology and features, I am just heartsick that I didnt get another audi, as I have always had one... No offense to lexus, again a great car, I just have this mental thing...
What color and tell us your location?
Old 03-22-07, 04:30 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

I apologize to anyone who is offended that I am selling my lexus for an Audi, please dont take it personally! Its a sweet car, just wasnt for ME.
No need to apologize....different strokes for different folks.

I'm just glad you had better luck picking a wife....they are MUCH more expensive to trade in.
Old 03-22-07, 05:24 AM
KSpider
Driver School Candidate

Haha Fantom

Warrionex - SGM (dark gray) San Diego

ldc, that is mainly why i got the IS, it was hard for me to justify spending so much extra on an Audi when with the IS you get so much more features and HP per dollar! For ME, I now have it justified, and it is just pure driving experience, has nothing to do with brand, hell rappers rap about Lexus more then audi : P
Old 03-22-07, 06:07 AM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KSpider, good luck with everything...it always sucks to lose money, but its better than being unhappy for years!

out of curiosity, if you're coming from a bi-turbo S4 with 250hp, and a TT, both of which have unreal handling....how did you think an IS250 would satisfy you. Its blatantly obvious that lexus designed the 350 for thrills...not the 250.

No matter how you look at it, the audi will still out handle and give a better drivers feel, but maybe an IS350 with sport package could have made you wait longer than 10 days?

was it thea wd?
Old 03-22-07, 06:43 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Torii...

your post and flaming from others helps the forum no more then me talking about my IS250. I am just having a discussion about the fact that I am going to sell my IS, and why, thats what Forums are for.

How much is your lease everymonth? How much you put down?
Old 03-22-07, 06:48 AM
KSpider
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Andoskyy
out of curiosity, if you're coming from a bi-turbo S4 with 250hp, and a TT, both of which have unreal handling....how did you think an IS250 would satisfy you. Its blatantly obvious that lexus designed the 350 for thrills...not the 250.

You must have misread something, I have never had an S4... I didnt get the IS250 for superb handling and performance, I got it because of the features/performance per $$ and the wonderful interior and whatnot. I just thought id be happy, and I wasnt ; )
Old 03-22-07, 06:50 AM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, i misread...sorry

again...best of luck!
Old 03-22-07, 07:34 AM
iobidder
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Irishman06
Clearly you've never owned or worked on anything made by British Leyland, Jaguar, Lotus, MG, or any car with Lucas electrical components.
But we are not talking about anything made by British Leyland, Jaguar, Lotus, MG. Are we now? No we are not and no I have never owned those, so I fail to see your point. Basically making your comment irrelevant. But thanks for playing, and further making my point. Not trying to be an ***, but the truth speaks for itself.
Old 03-22-07, 09:21 AM
MJB_LEX
Rookie

If you are interested, its in the classifieds...

I like the car, GREAT technology and features, I am just heartsick that I didnt get another audi, as I have always had one... No offense to lexus, again a great car, I just have this mental thing...
Having come from owning from many German Cars, I understand. In fact, my final decision before buying the IS was between an A4 2.0TQ and the 250AWD. There was no comparison in driving feel, handling, and low end torque (the turbo Audi has plenty, just off idle), the Audi clearly excels in these areas. Since my last car inhaled a turbo, had a new engine, then the transmission failed and a new 5-Speed Tiptronic had to be installed, then the wastegate... you get the idea. It came down to a tradeoff between reliability and driving dynamics. I was aware of what I was giving up when I bought the Lexus. From time to time, I think about it, but for the most part, I am just happy to have a car with no issues, even though it is not as satisfying to drive.

I replaced those crappy OEM tires with Dunlop SportMAXX, made the car feel better, but it still no Audi or German handling machine.
Old 03-22-07, 09:25 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i traded in an S4 for the IS and they are different cars with out a doubt. Audi is a great car now and i never had any problems and i do miss my car. i do way to much driving and had to get ride of the car. i lease and drive way to much and trade out of them. it was a deal that was to good to be true and guess what...they are stuck with my Audi as they paid way to much for it. i wanted to get the RS4 but couldnt see putting the miles i do on that car and the gas mileage that went with it. i should have gotten a beater and leased the RS4 and had my fun with it and turn in the keys when i am done. Hands down both are nice cars. i have owned 1 Audi and Many BMW's and they drive like no other car. you live once and if you want the Audi i say run with it. the IS is in demand so i am sure you will find a buyer that will make sense and the dealer may even purchase it back. they will sell it certified and make money on it. who wouldnt buy a car with a few miles and a warranty that no one can compare to??? i hope that it all works out for you!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well my 10 day old 2007 IS 250 is now for sale...