2007 IS250 AWD, what's wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-11, 03:59 PM
is250awdd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 IS250 AWD, what's wrong?

hey guys,
Just joined here to share + ask questions about my family's IS250 AWD...
Here's a quick discription of the car + situation as of now.

2007 IS250 AWD
- completely stock
- never been tracked, never driven roughly nor long trips
- driven ONLY for local commute for 4 yrs...
- 45000 miles, Warranty DONE

The car has been babied as a true daily driver, and it has been having some problem with VSC light on.
i searched the forum couple months ago, and the most probable cause i found was the gas cap leaking or the type of gas filled (87 octane reg vs premium 91/93)
i tried both, kept filling up with premium and fixed the gas cap (retighten) couple times, the VSC light was gone for couple days...

Now, VSC light is on again, and gas cap tightening or premium gas do not seem to fix the problem.
I would like to ask you guys for any possible cause of this problem? any thoughts?

thanks guys!
Old 07-14-11, 04:45 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by is250awdd
hey guys,

2007 IS250 AWD
- completely stock

The car has been babied as a true daily driver, and it has been having some problem with VSC light on.
i searched the forum couple months ago, and the most probable cause i found was the gas cap leaking or the type of gas filled (87 octane reg vs premium 91/93)
i tried both, kept filling up with premium and fixed the gas cap (retighten) couple times, the VSC light was gone for couple days...

Now, VSC light is on again, and gas cap tightening or premium gas do not seem to fix the problem.
I would like to ask you guys for any possible cause of this problem? any thoughts?

thanks guys!
Gas cap could be bad... (the seal on it no longer sealing)

But really this could be literally anything from a 5 minute free repair to you need a new engine.

You need to get the codes read to see what's actually causing the light to come on.

autozone type places often do this for free, or any shop will do it for an hour of labor. I'd obviously suggest trying autozone first.
Old 07-14-11, 06:17 PM
laoreflxzn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same issue...when I start the car the VSC light is off as if nothing is wrong...Once I put into gear and the car move a few inches the VSC light comes on..The car seems to be running fine..changed gas cap from another car and still VSC light is on. Went to autozone and they don't see any code.. Might have to go to dealership.
Old 07-14-11, 08:34 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by is250awdd
hey guys,

2007 IS250 AWD
- completely stock

thanks guys!
There is absolutely no way anyone can help you without more information. There are literally hundreds of things that could be causing a CEL/VSC light. Posting "I have a car and the check engine light is on" will elicit no fruitful responses without more information.

You need to check the codes. Go to Autozone or a local shop and have them check the codes with an OBDII scanner. Better yet, pick one up for yourself for $40, since your car's now out of warranty. The scanner will read one or more alphanumeric codes, which correspond to certain issues/parts/components. You can post those here, and people can then try and help.

Originally Posted by laoreflxzn
I am having the same issue...when I start the car the VSC light is off as if nothing is wrong...Once I put into gear and the car move a few inches the VSC light comes on..The car seems to be running fine..changed gas cap from another car and still VSC light is on. Went to autozone and they don't see any code.. Might have to go to dealership.
Is the check engine light on as well, or just the VSC light? If it's just the VSC light, then it's a problem with your VSC most likely. If your CEL is on AND your VSC light is on, that's only because anytime the CEL is on your VSC is turned off automatically, so the light comes on. So if your CEL and VSC are on together, that doesn't mean it's a VSC problem.

If your CEL is on, then there's a code, so I would take it to a different shop or buy a scanner yourself because Autozone doesn't know what they're doing.