Old 03-11-07, 08:32 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New IS Owner .. and a question

Hi to all

i am proud to say that i own a IS300 2007 with NAV-spoiler-ML-17" rims

the car is great and i hope it stays great

but i wanna ask about something .. when playing a song how can i pause or stop it ?? in the Audio Screen there is only 6 ractangles displaying if there is a cd or dvd and at the right there are buttons for entering the folders ...

i was told that the pause and other stuff are supposed to be at the right of this screen .. but thers nothing .. help me out guys

and yeah another thing .. can i let the car lock's the doors itself if i forgot to press the button or something .. ?
Old 03-11-07, 08:40 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

to pause it you technically can just turn the audio system off by simply pressing the left **** in... it'll pick up where it left off once you turn it back on.

the car will only lock if you unlock it and didn't actually turn the car on.... if done driving the car will not automatically lock by itself...

check the LPS settings... last time i checked i didn't see anything like this but i may have overlooked it.

welcome to the club
Old 03-11-07, 09:31 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

thanx for the quick reply .

but turning off the whole system everytime i want to pause will be something a bit dumb for a 2007 car!
so your telling me that you even don't have a pause button ?!
i am sure there is a way to show it or something .. waiting for IS experts
Old 03-11-07, 10:11 AM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CL and congrats on your purchase
Old 03-11-07, 12:36 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

welcome to the boards.

i recall testing the smart key system and i hope i'm correct. if you unlock the system but don't open the door and start the car it will lock itself i believe after 30 seconds. sounds a little funny when you consider you reach for the handle to open the door....
Old 03-11-07, 01:21 PM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Where are the pics ?
Old 03-11-07, 08:56 PM
andone
Lead Lap

Old 03-11-07, 10:16 PM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

thanx to everyone .. i really didn't have time to take pics she's just 3 days old . but i will

hapaboy/ yes this happens and it's really useful

so all of you guys can't pause your songs ? that's really sad , i hope that we can find a soloution

and what's with the stupid voice recognition ?!!! my mobile's voice recognition system is way much better and aqqurate than the lexus's!!!
Old 03-12-07, 06:03 AM
KSpider
Driver School Candidate

What is wrong with turning the system off to pause? Basically the same thing...
Old 03-12-07, 07:01 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by A.C Milan
thanx to everyone .. i really didn't have time to take pics she's just 3 days old . but i will

hapaboy/ yes this happens and it's really useful

so all of you guys can't pause your songs ? that's really sad , i hope that we can find a soloution

and what's with the stupid voice recognition ?!!! my mobile's voice recognition system is way much better and aqqurate than the lexus's!!!
I don't have an issue with my voice recognition you just have to speak cleary, and use the correct commands. Though, there are some sets of numbers it has a hard time with when giving it an address to map a destination.

Also, I've never had a use to pause a song in the car.. LOL actually the first time I've ever heard of anyone needing to do this. Hmm.
Why would you need to pause a song? If your phone rings? Because if you synch your phone up with blue tooth and are playing a CD then it'll pause the song till you get off the phone.

Anyway, good luck on finding a solution.
Old 03-12-07, 08:13 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

IS Mine/
"Why would you need to pause a song?"
lot's of thing's .. e.g: passenger talking on the phone,drive-thru anywhere,talking to the passengers .... etc

the voice recognition is not always bad .. but it can be better

and another thing i noticed today ..
when the a/c is on but not the AUTO mode .. it suddenly switches to AUTO by itself ! and i have to unAUTO it again .. this happened twice . any reason for that?

but shes still great .. can't wait to get in it again

Last edited by A.C Milan; 03-12-07 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-12-07, 09:09 AM
ISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by A.C Milan
IS Mine/
"Why would you need to pause a song?"
lot's of thing's .. e.g: passenger talking on the phone,drive-thru anywhere,talking to the passengers .... etc

the voice recognition is not always bad .. but it can be better

and another thing i noticed today ..
when the a/c is on but not the AUTO mode .. it suddenly switches to AUTO by itself ! and i have to unAUTO it again .. this happened twice . any reason for that?

but shes still great .. can't wait to get in it again

Welcome to Club Lexus, hope your stay here is enjoyable and fun. To answer most of your questions I think it would be best to read over your owner's manual first and if you still have these questions then ask! My wife and I have owned both the IS 250 and IS 350 (We upgraded to the IS 350 because of me ) I love the power it has. Anyway, we found a lot of good info by reading the owner's manual. The door locks can be programmed pretty much to do whatever you want. For example, we have our locks programmed to open the drivers side door only upon entering the car. Why? Well in the event that someone tries to rob us or enter the vehicle through the passenger side of the vehicle, the door would be locked! I'm so protected of my wife because I bought the car for her and she drives it more than me so its a cool function to have. Also which is cool and I don't know if any of you know this but if you hold down and press the unlock door option for like 3-5 seconds the car windows including the sunroof rolls down! I thought this was cute haha! The only thing is you can't press it again to roll the windows back up no biggie though. There's more! When you open the trunk by pressing the button in the back don't press it for too long unless you plan to get gas because guess what? It pops open the gas panel! How cool that is....or is it a malfunction? Just kidding its no malfunction just another added gadget that Lexus has come up with for our enjoyment and convenience. I hopes this helps. Enjoy!
Old 03-13-07, 12:51 PM
MLevinson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by andone
You make me laugh every time you send this
Old 03-13-07, 01:23 PM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

ISF/
beleive me i didn't ask before reading most of the manual .. but it didn't mention the pause thing so i am here to ask .. and for the doors i changed it to make it open all door's and not just the driver's .. it's pretty safe here

MLevinson/ man when i read ur name i thought you had the answer .. and ur gonna laugh again when u receive your car
Old 03-13-07, 01:29 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

post some pics when you can. i want to compare yours with rashood over in dubai.

Quick Reply: New IS Owner .. and a question