IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Toyota TPMS on lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-07, 08:44 PM
mctuners
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota TPMS on lexus?

Does anyone know if it's possible to use/program toyota TPMS sensors on our lexus?
Old 03-07-07, 09:18 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

Knowing Toyota, I'd bet they're the same part. But its possible they're not. Check the part numbers.
Old 03-07-07, 09:24 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

ur best bet is to check part # if they match then yes
Old 03-07-07, 11:45 PM
mctuners
Lead Lap

I looked at both lexus and toyota TPMS sensors carefully through detail pictures and they appear to be the same units. However, I am not sure how the part# reads like. How do lexus ones have their ID codes as? Is there certain number of characteristics they go by?
Old 03-08-07, 07:20 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

yes i am trying to find the same answers but no replied to my post.

the Pre April 06 production Models use a different part number than the post April 06 Vehicles.

I've been trying to find out if they are different sensor manufacterers or different sensors models. I was also trying to see if they are backwards compatible if it was just a newer sensor model.

I've also discovered that there are only a few sensor manufacturers in the TPMS game so most car companies use the same sensors. I found some that were only $130 a set with the exact manufacturer P/N as the Toyota/Lexus ones.

I just need to learn how the Unique ID codes work and how they are programmed into our cars.
Old 03-08-07, 11:42 AM
mctuners
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sinister2c
yes i am trying to find the same answers but no replied to my post.

the Pre April 06 production Models use a different part number than the post April 06 Vehicles.

I've been trying to find out if they are different sensor manufacterers or different sensors models. I was also trying to see if they are backwards compatible if it was just a newer sensor model.

I've also discovered that there are only a few sensor manufacturers in the TPMS game so most car companies use the same sensors. I found some that were only $130 a set with the exact manufacturer P/N as the Toyota/Lexus ones.

I just need to learn how the Unique ID codes work and how they are programmed into our cars.
Hey, can you share an info on where you obtained the set of TPMS sensors for $130? Are they Lexus ones or ones from Toyota? If the part numbers are the same, then that probably means that they are compatible for lexus ones?
Finding out this would save money $$ for CL members.
Old 03-08-07, 11:44 AM
mctuners
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dominant1
I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma, i put bigger tires and new rims on the truck. now my tp light is on in my dash because the tp units were not transferable to the new rims. Is there a way to turn this light off permanently. can i do it, or does the dealer have to do this?
Disabling tpms sensors or not has been discussed for numerous times on this forum, but no one has found a way to do so. I doubt that the dealer will disable that feature for you, because I guess it's somewhat federal regulation that newer cars must be equipped with TPMS feature.
Do a more search and you will find a wheel barrel feature, which you put all of TPMS sensors into the spare tire.
Old 03-08-07, 04:30 PM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are some pics of the TPMS.

Old 03-08-07, 05:42 PM
sinister2c
Racer

clubfoot...does the stamp that says "pacific" and "PA66-GF33" appear opposite of the bar code?

and what are th unique ID numbers above the barcode?

Mctuner:
I still doing research to see if it works first. I'll let everyone know once i find out.
Old 03-08-07, 05:47 PM
jet119
Rookie

Originally Posted by mctuners
Does anyone know if it's possible to use/program toyota TPMS sensors on our lexus?
the sensor looked the same, except its missing the frequency code on the sensor which is needed to program it to the tps ecu for lexus. on the 02 and up SC's its all color coded, i've mixed and matched them and it seems to work fine. on the later lexus models they all have the ID printed on the sensors...hope this helps.
Old 03-08-07, 05:52 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I just priced these at Champion Toyota World. Using the exact same part number with Lexus gives a MSRP of $106 and a sale price of $90. Using this part number with Toyota, we get the same MSRP, but sale price is $80. Strange.
Old 03-08-07, 05:55 PM
sinister2c
Racer

jet are you a tech or just have experience with tpms?

all the pacific sensors ive been looking at all seem to have similar ID numbers that is why i thinking they all can be programmed to the TPMS system.

but it seems they changed something for all cars made after 04/06 since sewell lists a new P/N
Old 03-08-07, 06:47 PM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sinister2c
clubfoot...does the stamp that says "pacific" and "PA66-GF33" appear opposite of the bar code?

and what are th unique ID numbers above the barcode?

Mctuner:
I still doing research to see if it works first. I'll let everyone know once i find out.
Wish I could help but I don't have the packaging any more. I will be getting another set soon for my summer wheels and will take pics and note the numbers.
Old 03-08-07, 07:40 PM
sinister2c
Racer

i meant on the sensor itself...or did you install the sensors already?

im starting to think that all the toyota/pacific sensors with the 7 digit HEX ID will work on any toyota/lexus. The differences in P/N are for the specific wheel it fits on.

thats what im guessing...wish there was a way to program the sensor yourself without the dealer computer.
Old 03-09-07, 12:34 PM
mctuners
Lead Lap

There's gotta be a way to do it by yourself, but no one just has not done it so far..

Quick Reply: Toyota TPMS on lexus?