IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

MP3 DVD's can somone explain PLEASE

Old 02-26-07, 11:18 PM
jt4you
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MP3 DVD's can somone explain PLEASE

How do you burn mp3 files on dvd's?? and how do you get the mp3 folders. I tried burning it with nero by burning with the mp3 dvd option but it didnt work.. HELP!! thanks
Old 02-26-07, 11:24 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm confused...are you trying to burn MP3 songs onto a CD or are you trying to burn movies onto a DVD and play it in your car's player? If it's the first option, you just record the MP3 songs onto a CD using the "data" recording mode and that's it. If it's the latter, you have to use a special type of program to first convert the movies and then burn it onto a DVD. I'm not an expert on this topic so if someone else have more info on how to convert the movies, please chime in.
Old 02-26-07, 11:28 PM
krookid
Driver

I burn MP3 DVD's all the time for my G35 ( aftermarket dvd player) and Nero works fine, but unfortunately I cant get it to work in the IS350.
Old 02-26-07, 11:35 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i use nero for my is350. it works perfectly, except the whole name doesn't show. what kind of nero? i use NERO burning ROM. basically, wen you enter nero..a screen shows up with the CD-ROM(Iso) u use that to burn the cd for MP3..BUUUUTT that is for CDs...i dont know about DVDs..hope that helps
Old 02-26-07, 11:46 PM
maz
Lead Lap

There are several threads about this. Do a search. Basically you will have to first convert the MP3s into a different format. I haven't had to do it yet. 6 MP3-CD's are enough for me.
Old 02-27-07, 12:27 AM
jt4you
Driver School Candidate

yeah im talking about mp3's on a DVD... I only found this thing

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=261156

are there any other programs out there?
Old 02-27-07, 01:06 AM
roe74
Driver School Candidate

to burn/use MP3s on a DVD in yourLexus use the following program:
Audio DVD Creator (because there is a difference between Audio-DVD and DVD-Audio - first one works with your lexus, second one not)
here is the link:
http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com/index.htm

greetings from vienna
Old 02-27-07, 02:36 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A DVD-MP3 is a DVD that is created with and contains only digital audio files in the MP3 format. As far as I know, none of the OEM dvd players available in cars today can play this type of DVDs. Actually not all home DVD players can play DVD-MP3 discs.

The DVDs created with Audio DVD Creator are just regular DVDs consisting of only the audio files (without MPEG-2 compress video data file). It's your regular DVD Video Disc without the mpeg video file just the audio. If you burned a DVD-R by converting your mp3 files, then, you don't have a DVD-MP3 disc. You'll have a DVD Video Disc without the video file just the audio .ac3 files (stored as VOB files).

It's like playing a DVD Video Disc in your regular DVD Player with your TV off. That's it, that's what you have.

One last thing, DVD-Audio its a whole new story. For a detail explanation go to this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio

Last edited by warrionex; 02-27-07 at 03:15 AM.
Old 02-27-07, 06:56 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Best program to use is Music Disc Creator which is part of the roxio easy cd/dvd creator suite... Works like a charm...
Old 02-27-07, 07:50 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

do you have ML option? dont think they take DVDs unless u got ML.....?
Old 02-27-07, 08:06 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin8
do you have ML option? dont think they take DVDs unless u got ML.....?
Correct, you need ML + NAV for the stereo to take DVDs...
Old 02-27-07, 08:48 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Contrary to what some will tell you (ie. Technique), the ML will NOT play MP3 DVD's. There is software that will convert and burn MP3s to DVD-A (MP3s -> AC3), which will play in the ML.
Old 02-27-07, 09:14 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i would like to understand this also. i use the iTunes software and i followed the instructions but it wont allow me to burn them as MP3 format? i was just recently told that the songs on that are locked so you dont share them? i have an Ipod but find its a pain to use when driving and would rather have a few MP3 cds that i can use on the head unit. has anyone done this??? please let me know if you have any ideas on how to make this work!

thank you
Old 02-27-07, 09:18 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
i would like to understand this also. i use the iTunes software and i followed the instructions but it wont allow me to burn them as MP3 format? i was just recently told that the songs on that are locked so you dont share them? i have an Ipod but find its a pain to use when driving and would rather have a few MP3 cds that i can use on the head unit. has anyone done this??? please let me know if you have any ideas on how to make this work!

thank you
mine is the non-ML unit. i just burn mp3 CDs in folders from nero express and it plays in my player just fine......
Old 02-27-07, 09:40 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks...so i can download this Nero Express software and just transfer my library of songs to that and it will allow me to burn in MP3 format? i have never done this before so forgive me as i just want to make sure i do understand. thanks for your reply!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MP3 DVD's can somone explain PLEASE