Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Is there a best time to buy a new Lexus?

Old 02-17-07, 08:52 PM   #1
tracerit
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Default Is there a best time to buy a new Lexus?

I recall their December to Remember sales event, but I'm wondering was that the best time to buy a Lexus or are there other "secret" times of the year that Lexus offers a better deal. I'm considering to buy a mid-model year (say 2008 or 2009 IS350) car so that the problems are fixed in the first two years and there are about two to three more years left in the design. A question about buying year end closeouts, do they start lowering the price when the factories stop taking in special orders? For example, say I want to buy an 06 back in late 2006 but they didn't have what I wanted on the lot, could I have placed an order for what I wanted?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
tracerit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 01:50 AM   #2
SolaraToIS
Lead Lap

End of each month or model year

SolaraToIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 02:05 AM   #3
305Cane
Driver School Candidate

i dont think theres a magic date specifically when it comes to getting the best deal...usually end of the month/year is good when the dealership is trying to meet quotas...

also buying a model year on its way out will help...honestly other than the ugly sharkfin (IMHO) can you tell the diff between the '06 and the '07...i doubt the '08 or '09 will look too diff...

and placing an order for what you want will almost guarantee you'll be paying as close to MSRP as they can get out of you...buying whats on their lot saves them money...remember every day that car sits there is a day more of insurance payment and corporate financing on that unit (you didnt think they actually bought all those cars from japan did you) and plus thats one less spot an LS or another car they can sell at a higher premium cant fill...

be adamant about paying as close to invoice as possible...as hard as they'll try to convince you of the the opposite they still make money when they sell a unit under invoice...they get all sorts of incentives and holdbacks from corporate...

if you've got multiple dealerships in the area use them against each other for leverage in your negotiating

lastly theres a thread dedicated to how much under MSRP everyone bought their cars...

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...highlight=MSRP

use the power of the internet to bargain my friend and good luck getting that IS...you wont regret it thats for sure...
Old 02-18-07, 02:15 AM   #4
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

I find late in the year or early in the year are best time to by cars. I got a great deal for my IS250 as I just bought it this month (February).
LexusIS-TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 04:40 AM   #5
kickin8
2IS/2RX
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla View Post
I find late in the year or early in the year are best time to by cars. I got a great deal for my IS250 as I just bought it this month (February).
please see this link:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/265728-07-or-08-a.html

hope this helps.

HIS: 07' IS250 6MT Tungsten Pearl/Black
F-Sport Intake / F-Sport Quick Shifter / Aluminum Pedals / ARC Shift****
Linea Corsa Dyna / White Illuminated Door Sills / Canadian IS All Weather Floor Mats

HERS: 07' RX350 AWD Millennium Silver / Gray
Canadian RX All Weather Floor Mats (gone)
WeatherTech FloorLiner
kickin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 04:40 AM