IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

X package on 2007

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-07, 06:30 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X package on 2007

First post - don't flame me. I am seriously looking at an 07 IS 350. I want the X package. Local salesman says the X package is not available on the 350 - only the 250. My limited knowledge says he is trying to get me to buy the 350with a sport package. Am I correct you can buy the X package on the 07 350?
Old 02-15-07, 06:44 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Keppie
First post - don't flame me. I am seriously looking at an 07 IS 350. I want the X package. Local salesman says the X package is not available on the 350 - only the 250. My limited knowledge says he is trying to get me to buy the 350with a sport package. Am I correct you can buy the X package on the 07 350?
Yes, of course you can get the X-package on the 350. Do they really have an IS350 on the lot with the Sport Package?? That's a bit unusual these days, but anything is possible. The Sports Package has a lot of good stuff, but if all you want is the Sport's suspension and wheels, plus a few other things, then just get the X-package.
Old 02-15-07, 06:48 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

They say they have one coming in this weeknd that I would like to drive to compare to a regular suspension. Is the Sport Package an odd duck? I would think this package would be in high demand.

I like cars with a firm suspension. I drive a 2004 S2000 and my prior car was a 1995 M3.
Old 02-15-07, 07:07 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

Where are you, and what dealer are you working with? Several weeks ago, JM Lexus in Margate, FL had 3 or 4 350's with the X package.
Old 02-15-07, 07:10 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Tampa, FL.
Old 02-15-07, 08:28 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

Maybe you need to come over to the east coast to find the "impossible".

I'm looking forward to your impressions of the Sport Package.
Old 02-15-07, 09:57 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most is350s sent to the US have premium package attached to it. so when you add the premium package and the x-package together its like 60 dollars or so cheaper then the sport package. and when you get the sport package you at least get memory for the seats, power for the steering column, and side mirrors that tilt downward when yoiu back up, also noneof that ugly wood trim. Some people will say it the X-package comes with different wheels, front spoiler, illuminated door sills, etc.....but those parts can all be added later................plus a lot of x-package cars come wit a bunchof other junk also.
Old 02-15-07, 10:37 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, the wheels are the best part of the X-Pkg, but as usual, there is the price premium over the 18's that would otherwise have been on the car as a "standard option."

At first, I was not a fan of paying money in the premium pkg for the wood trim, and I still think the premium pkg is a huge ripoff in CA, but now I think the wood makes the car look much better than the boring silver throughout. But yeah, I wouldn't have cared enough to pay the price that is implied in the premium package.
Old 02-16-07, 03:10 AM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

I have a 2007 x-pkg. If I had to do it all over, here's what I would do. I would go with the sports pkg and here's why...
1-get the color you want. X-pkg only comes in three colors. I went with black. You get more selection with sports pkg.
2-memory seats in sport, not in x-pkg
3-auto-tilt down side mirror in sport, not in x-pkg
4-electronic steering wheel controls (tilt/telescp), not in x-pkg, but this isn't really a big deal.
5-x-pkg has illuminated scuff plates, but you can install it yourself for about $200. I believe the sport pkg already has plug-n-play wiring for the illum scuff plates (members please correct me if this is wrong)
6-x-pkg has special x-pkg wheels. It's costly, but if you really want those wheels, Sewell Lexus on this site has them for about $2200. You can get your wheels elsewhere too if stock is not good enough.
7-no ML on X-pkg. But the system is still nice. It is very difficult to get this as an option on X-pkg.
8-you can add the front air-dam or any ground effects later as a mod.
9-all the other add-ons like AFS(HID), premium pkg are already on the sport pkg.

You can add everything on the sport pkg to make it a top of the line X-pkg, but you cannot add #2,3,4,7 to the x-pkg. without a lot of trouble. And #1 you are limited on the color.

I really like my x-pkg, mainly b/c of the wheels. But knowing what I know now, I would have gone with my choice of color and add all the extras later on. I would still choose the sport pkg over the luxury pkg b/c I don't care about the rear sunshade. My car is tinted, so the rear sunshade would be useless.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!
Old 02-16-07, 03:45 AM
Keppie
Lead Lap

I don't want wood - NAV or the ML stereo. All I want is a 350 with the X package and HID/adaptive lights which combined are less $ that the sport package. Is this going to be hard to find?
Old 02-16-07, 05:56 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

In my area... I don't think I have even seen a 350 without NAV...
I have yet to see an X-Package on a LA or AL Lexus lot. But then I don't visit them everyday. Haha.

I know they exist, but the majority in my area, LA, MS, AL all have NAV. Maybe FL is part of a different region and can get cars outside the norm.
Old 02-16-07, 09:24 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexuspdx
I have a 2007 x-pkg. If I had to do it all over, here's what I would do. I would go with the sports pkg and here's why...
1-get the color you want. X-pkg only comes in three colors. I went with black. You get more selection with sports pkg.
2-memory seats in sport, not in x-pkg
3-auto-tilt down side mirror in sport, not in x-pkg
4-electronic steering wheel controls (tilt/telescp), not in x-pkg, but this isn't really a big deal.
5-x-pkg has illuminated scuff plates, but you can install it yourself for about $200. I believe the sport pkg already has plug-n-play wiring for the illum scuff plates (members please correct me if this is wrong)
6-x-pkg has special x-pkg wheels. It's costly, but if you really want those wheels, Sewell Lexus on this site has them for about $2200. You can get your wheels elsewhere too if stock is not good enough.
7-no ML on X-pkg. But the system is still nice. It is very difficult to get this as an option on X-pkg.
8-you can add the front air-dam or any ground effects later as a mod.
9-all the other add-ons like AFS(HID), premium pkg are already on the sport pkg.

You can add everything on the sport pkg to make it a top of the line X-pkg, but you cannot add #2,3,4,7 to the x-pkg. without a lot of trouble. And #1 you are limited on the color.

I really like my x-pkg, mainly b/c of the wheels. But knowing what I know now, I would have gone with my choice of color and add all the extras later on. I would still choose the sport pkg over the luxury pkg b/c I don't care about the rear sunshade. My car is tinted, so the rear sunshade would be useless.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Exactly. i missed a couple, but yeah thats basically right. Many dealers will tell you that the "x-package" is the new sport package, and that the old "sport package" no longer exists. THAT IS BS, it does exist, its just not easy to get right now. plus as i see it lexus makes more $$ by selling the car with x-package and premium then as the sport package.
Old 02-16-07, 09:29 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

I don't want wood - NAV or the ML stereo. All I want is a 350 with the X package and HID/adaptive lights which combined are less $ that the sport package. Is this going to be hard to find?
Dont forget that the premium package is what they call a "typically" equipped option meaning you'll be hard pressed to find one that doesnt come with that, unless you get very lucky or special order. Also cars without nav are hard to come by also, since most do have nav.
Old 02-16-07, 11:12 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AM1
Dont forget that the premium package is what they call a "typically" equipped option meaning you'll be hard pressed to find one that doesnt come with that, unless you get very lucky or special order. Also cars without nav are hard to come by also, since most do have nav.
This must be a regional thing because here in TX we are seeing IS's coming in without NAV, and very few options other than the Premium Package. Very few X-pkgs coming through.
Old 02-16-07, 12:43 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

I've asked this question several times, but haven't received an answer.

From the IS350 option list on KBB, I believe if you order the Sport Package on an '07, and you order the (FT) wheel upgrade, you get five spoke X-Pkg wheels.

Does anyone know for sure???

Quick Reply: X package on 2007