IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How much did you pay for your IS250?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-07, 10:02 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
You should see a guy I know, lol. He's only making $800 a month and he's financing a $320 Scion tC, hehe. Then again, he's living at home still . I'm all right. I'm not that tight on cash--just spend a lot. I just spent like $4,000 replacing carpet I ruined in the house. That set me back a lot. I'm just waiting to get paid again this upcoming Wednesday and I'm all right.

I just found out that meet is all the way in Buena Park. I'm over here in Chino Hills. It would probably be ok if it was on a Saturday or something but Sunday, I have quite a few things to do.
wow, how can you ruin the carpet at your house? My guess some kind of flood??
Old 02-11-07, 10:22 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

just go to the meet i live in ontario.
Old 02-11-07, 10:22 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, I brought home some commercial strength acid designed for cleaning the toilets. It was brand new and I didn't realize the cap was loose. It was dark when I got home and didn't bother turning on the lights since I was familiar where everything was (just used the ambient light from outside). I went up the stairs and into my room. I turned on the lights and to my surprise, I left a trail of acid all the way up into my room!!!!! It ate through it sure enough. It was a huge mess. Had to replace the padding and everything. What a pain. THat's 4 grand I could've put down or something on my car or spend elsewhere.
Old 02-11-07, 10:28 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by demik
just go to the meet i live in ontario.
Man, that must be far from where you're at. Just kidding. I work in Fontana actually so I commute often from here to there. Did you get your car from Crown Lexus? I walked out on them in the middle of a conversation. They were so rude there. I was very stubborn when it comes to customer treatment. They assumed I was some poor kid who isn't serious on buying a luxury class vehicle as a Lexus?!?! I was wearing an old shirt with holes in it, flip flops, and a pair of bleached out shorts. What a scrub I was that day. I mean, it was Saturday lol. I'm relaxing and chilling out.

No one greeted me on the way in, no one approached me while I was browsing for cars outside, no one talked to me when I was inside their main lobby. I had to actually "interrupt" one of the sales guy for an inquiry. Then he doesn't "attempt" to help me by engaging me, just showed me where they keep the catalogs for the IS series. I mean, how rude!!!

They're not getting business from me, that's for sure. Now I'm driving a beautifull 07 IS250 with all the premium options from Longo Lexus in El Monte. I should drive by there and stuff it in their face.

Last edited by LexusIS-TL; 02-11-07 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-11-07, 11:56 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

ahhhhh you bought from longo. i sure hope they offered you a good deal on the is250, last time i talked to them they had 87 is250's in stock. but then again i was offered 500-1000 under invoice for a is250 without even bargaining ( at other dealers) and i had no interest in the car. If you're dressed sloppy, what do you expect?
Old 02-12-07, 07:08 AM
JoelPirela
Driver School Candidate

I paid $30,567 OTD. IS250, 6MT, 18" wheels, Spoiler, mats
Old 02-12-07, 08:29 AM
revhi
Driver

wow some of you guys are very brave. If I didnt have at least 50K, I still wouldnt have my IS.
Old 02-12-07, 08:43 AM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

payments dont indicate a good deal or not, it also depends on your disposable income, interest rate, and how many years you are financing.
Old 02-12-07, 08:50 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Man, that must be far from where you're at. Just kidding. I work in Fontana actually so I commute often from here to there. Did you get your car from Crown Lexus? I walked out on them in the middle of a conversation. They were so rude there. I was very stubborn when it comes to customer treatment. They assumed I was some poor kid who isn't serious on buying a luxury class vehicle as a Lexus?!?! I was wearing an old shirt with holes in it, flip flops, and a pair of bleached out shorts. What a scrub I was that day. I mean, it was Saturday lol. I'm relaxing and chilling out.

No one greeted me on the way in, no one approached me while I was browsing for cars outside, no one talked to me when I was inside their main lobby. I had to actually "interrupt" one of the sales guy for an inquiry. Then he doesn't "attempt" to help me by engaging me, just showed me where they keep the catalogs for the IS series. I mean, how rude!!!

They're not getting business from me, that's for sure. Now I'm driving a beautifull 07 IS250 with all the premium options from Longo Lexus in El Monte. I should drive by there and stuff it in their face.
I think you're way off base here. Sales guys don't have it that easy, and Saturdays are busy days. They need to actively screen out serious customers and other guys just looking for a test drive. And they were right in their assumptions... you're a kid with $500 in the bank driving a Corolla, as you said, and you did nothing to convey that you were serious with the way you dressed to the dealership.

In the end, it's a two way relationship. You want respect from people, at least respect them enough to put on a shirt with no holes and some decent shoes. Either that or bring a suitcase full of cash to convey how serious you are.

Go ahead and drive by with your IS250 and "stuff it in their face"... I'm pretty sure they'll get over losing out on a below invoice sale on the cheapest Lexus.

Sorry to come off so harsh, but I think you are evaluating this whole purchase wrong.
Old 02-12-07, 09:42 AM
1022it
Pole Position

i paid 27,500 (used) with 8200 miles on it. (out the door 27,500! no tax doc fees nothing! i love buying private party!)

rwd 6-spd manual w/fog lights, floor mats, 20" wheels, tint, and blacked out taillights.
Old 02-12-07, 10:44 AM
tbs2
Driver School Candidate

Paid $35070 after tax and charges in Socal on a IS250 with premium package last year. Sold my 2001 Jetta at $10900 by private party. Net pay was $24170 with no financing. I guess I live my life a lot smarter.
Old 02-12-07, 12:35 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

$33k OTD for an 2006 250 with premium, 18" rims and preffered. Bought it in august of '06. Only had 20 miles on it
Old 02-12-07, 04:26 PM
khuezee
Driver School Candidate

Cough, yeah. I only have like $500 in my bank account, lol. People would think I'm nuts to own an IS250.
I would think what most people are thinking too

btw..i was also young and stupid like you. i bought an NSX on my credit card when i was 23. the credit card had 0 apr, but the monthly payments were a *****. in any case, the car was resold a year later for $1K more then I bought it. So in the end, I suffered no depreciation and payed back everything i borrowed.

there is nothing wrong with wanting something flashy and cool while you are young, just make sure you calculate the risks. look at least 3 years down the line, and prepare for worst case scenario. btw... i put down $20K on my IS250. I plan on paying it off in 1 year, with $1K monthly payments.

Last edited by khuezee; 02-12-07 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-12-07, 10:44 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by khuezee
I would think what most people are thinking too

btw..i was also young and stupid like you. i bought an NSX on my credit card when i was 23. the credit card had 0 apr, but the monthly payments were a *****. in any case, the car was resold a year later for $1K more then I bought it. So in the end, I suffered no depreciation and payed back everything i borrowed.
Whoa Obiwan, tell me how you pulled that off with the NSX. How did you manage to sell it for higher? Maybe I should apply your same trick in this day and age... Hello Aston Martin.... :P
Old 02-12-07, 11:48 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

My roommate just added fog lights, pedestal spoiler, and TRD wheels to his contract which was still open until this Wednesday. Lol, that bumped his monthy payment for his Scion tC to $597 a month. It's all right I guess but I feel like I still got a better package than him, lol.

Here are picts by the way:

Cramped rear seating:

[IMG]

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your IS250?