IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Some MFer keyed my baby!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-07, 10:32 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Some MFer keyed my baby!

Continuing the string of bad luck from California...

My beloved SGM IS350... Less than 6 weeks old, under 1000 miles... got keyed on Friday afternoon in San Francisco.

I was visiting my mother at the hospital and sometime within 2 hours in the Geary and Divisadero area at around 4PM, I came out and saw that my passenger side was keyed... All four panels!!! And it wasn't one long streak. The idiots decided to make sure all four were hit.

What is wrong with people these days? They saw a shiny new Lexus without license plates and thought it would be nice to key it?!??

So my question for you guys is what's next for me. I'll call my insurance and report it, and then do I take it to my dealer and ask for a recommended body shop? It's not going to be buffed away, that's for sure....

Does this kill my CarFax? argh.
Old 02-03-07, 10:37 PM
dkcivic82
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks!!! I would check out the hospitals as they might have cameras around the parking lot and it might show you who did this.
Old 02-03-07, 10:39 PM
CHRISIS
Pit Crew

That sucks. I think if you get it repainted then it goes onto the carfax but I'm not sure.
Old 02-03-07, 10:40 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dkcivic82
That sucks!!! I would check out the hospitals as they might have cameras around the parking lot and it might show you who did this.

Well, it was street parking. I know, I know... stupid to park on the street, but up until now, I had faith in human decency... I mean... seriously... how sad must your life be to do something like that?
Old 02-03-07, 10:40 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Angry Geez.......

Why can't people leave other's property alone? I know how you feel and I want to get the MF'er that did it for you! See if the Hospital has any video surveillance to see if they got them on tape. As far as the carfax, I don't believe it will affect anything, but don't quote me on that......hope you get whoever did this.

-R-
Old 02-03-07, 10:42 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default They have a name for that.....

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Well, it was street parking. I know, I know... stupid to park on the street, but up until now, I had faith in human decency... I mean... seriously... how sad must your life be to do something like that?
it's called "HATERS"!
Old 02-03-07, 10:47 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

omg, i know exactly where you were, THe kaiser building right? well im not putting the blame on you, but that is a bad neighborhood (the height). Lots of "ghetto" people...and hte neighborhood may or may not be mostly black...not trying to imply anything there.

stay away from the western addition of san francisco

Last edited by RXSF; 02-03-07 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-03-07, 10:50 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
omg, i know exactly where you were, THe kaiser building right? well im not putting the blame on you, but that is a bad neighborhood (the height). Lots of "ghetto" people...who may more may not be mostly black...

stay away from the western addition of san francisco
Right neighborhood, wrong hospital. It was the UCSF Mount Zion Hospital. I've driven there many many many times in my BMW 740iL. Never a problem. I think this was just a case of the new car with no plates that caught their eye. The SGM is striking when it's brand new, I guess.

I never saw it as that bad an area, but I'm naive like that, I guess.
Old 02-03-07, 10:51 PM
FinanceGuy
Driver

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Continuing the string of bad luck from California...

My beloved SGM IS350... Less than 6 weeks old, under 1000 miles... got keyed on Friday afternoon in San Francisco.

I was visiting my mother at the hospital and sometime within 2 hours in the Geary and Divisadero area at around 4PM, I came out and saw that my passenger side was keyed... All four panels!!! And it wasn't one long streak. The idiots decided to make sure all four were hit.

What is wrong with people these days? They saw a shiny new Lexus without license plates and thought it would be nice to key it?!??

So my question for you guys is what's next for me. I'll call my insurance and report it, and then do I take it to my dealer and ask for a recommended body shop? It's not going to be buffed away, that's for sure....

Does this kill my CarFax? argh.

It is so sad that we work so hard to afford such nice things...

The person that did it probably did it in envy of your beautiful new Lexus. I feel sorry for you man. My sympathy to you.

Don't fret the carfax. A police report has to be made for it to show up as damage. I'm not too sure that it will state that the car has been repainted.
Old 02-03-07, 11:05 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FinanceGuy
The person that did it probably did it in envy of your beautiful new Lexus. I feel sorry for you man. My sympathy to you.
Thanks for the sympathy. Yeah, the more I think about this, the more violated I feel. I mean, it's a simple decision when you walk past a car... just keep walking. If it's a really nice car, sure, stare at it. Hell, put your hand on the glass and look inside.

But to take out your key and scratch it? What does that do for you? Do you really feel better? Are you a more powerful person in the world now for having done that to somebody who you've never met in your life?

I need my license plates to get here, pronto!
Old 02-03-07, 11:06 PM
omihomiii
Rookie

Sorry to hear that.... I have similar experience but in my case, my rear door got keyed and fender got puked... yes sb keyed my door and decided to puke on my car. of course I could wash it down easy but i was mentally beaten... I'll never understand why people do such things.
Old 02-03-07, 11:25 PM
mystro1v
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear that man. I had the same thing happen to my IS350 a couple of months after I got it too. Mine was Crystal White and they got all four panels as well. Can't see it too well on the white so I can't even be sure when it happened... still hasn't been repainted to this day. Effing b@stards. Death to them all!
Old 02-04-07, 12:02 AM
06Lex350
Driver

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience with an 18'' key mark. I filed the insurance claim and got it repainted. It pissed me off for a good long while but now I'm just happy to have her repainted and looking brand new. Just remember, whatever lowlife did it has to be pretty pathetic to go around doing that. He can't take away the fact that you still own a beautiful car.
Old 02-04-07, 12:12 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

God i hate haters they can go to hell gosh...people who steal and damg others property is gay, i just want to shoot them all srry about your car man i know how it feels. i hate bayarea for that i use to live in oakland way worst
Old 02-04-07, 01:06 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Man I feel for you. For some reason I felt exactly the same way as you about the license plates so when I got them yesterday I immediately put them on. Hope you find the bastards who did this.

Quick Reply: Some MFer keyed my baby!