IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Some MFer keyed my baby!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-07, 03:27 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Lexus, as a market leader, should implement something like the Cybereye-mobile cam in their cars. It would be nice a 360 degrees video camera monitoring system with night-vision, motion sensing, etc. Anyone that passes around the car will be recorded.

Cybereye-mobile cam

The Cybereye-mobile cam is a security camera that can be installed inside a car to verify the identity of people committing carjacking, robbery, car theft and vandalism. You can take B/W images of the criminal by pressing the emergency switch or using the auto detecting function. The recorded pictures of the criminal with a date and time stamp can be used as evidence by the police and in a court of law.

Columbus, OH (PRWEB) January 20, 2005 -- 21st Century Locks, Ltd announces the addition of the CyberEye Wireless Camera for Vehicle Security (IC-100MA) to their product line. The IC-100MA automatically takes date and time stamped B/W photos when an intrusion is detected. Also included in the package is a foot operated switch to activate the camera in case of an emergency, e.g. robbery, car jacking, assault etc. The use of the foot operated switch allows the driver to activate the camera without alerting the thief or assailant. By using infra red LED's the camera is able to capture images at night and in low light conditions.

Captured images can be displayed on a TV or monitor to ascertain the identity of the offender as well as the date and time of the offence.

For unattended operation the system can be armed/disarmed by using the supplied remote control keyfob. The addition of an optional wireless siren turns the system into an effective car alarm which not only alerts you to a break in but also takes photographs of the offender.
Old 02-04-07, 03:44 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i know if that i caught someone doing that to my car i would run them over or seriously mess them up.
Old 02-04-07, 04:11 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about that.. my car was keyed a couple of weeks after i got it.. outside Albertsons..
Old 02-04-07, 08:01 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pisaykotik
Man I feel for you. For some reason I felt exactly the same way as you about the license plates so when I got them yesterday I immediately put them on. Hope you find the bastards who did this.
Thanks.

But we all know the people that did this have come and gone. And unless I catch this same person in the act, I'll never find out. That's what's disturbing to me. Someone that has never met me decided to damage my property as if I had done something to him. Somehow, I'm the reason why he is not where he wants to be in his life. Yet, I don't think it ever crossed his mind that his decision making process that led him to key somebody else's car is probably the biggest contributor to where he is now. It's always somebody else's fault...

and if they ever get caught for doing something wrong, they're not sorry for what they've done. just sorry that they got caught doing it.
Old 02-04-07, 08:42 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Somehow, I'm the reason why he is not where he wants to be in his life. Yet, I don't think it ever crossed his mind that his decision making process that led him to key somebody else's car is probably the biggest contributor to where he is now. It's always somebody else's fault...
I'm sorry about what happened to your car, but your making some unjustified assumptions here.

How do you know that the person/people who keyed your car weren't spoiled rotten kids who grew up in a relatively well-off family? I know plenty of people of modest means who have reared respectful hard working children. And I also remember when I was in high school, a group of classmates whose well heeled parents had bought them cars, driving through neighborhoods smashing mailboxes with baseball bats just for kicks.

There are good people and a-holes on every rung of the socio-economic ladder.
Old 02-04-07, 08:51 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
I'm sorry about what happened to your car, but your making some unjustified assumptions here.

How do you know that the person/people who keyed your car weren't spoiled rotten kids who grew up in a relatively well-off family? I know plenty of people of modest means who have reared respectful hard working children. And I also remember when I was in high school, a group of classmates whose well heeled parents had bought them cars, driving through neighborhoods smashing mailboxes with baseball bats just for kicks.

There are good people and a-holes on every rung of the socio-economic ladder.
I think my comment was meant for anybody regardless of socio-economic class who don't respect other people and fail to see their actions as a reflection of themselves. They feel like they gained power and control through hurting others. I was really poor when I was young too. (In the late 80's, we had a $1000 Mecury Montego from the 60's. That thing broke down so often that my mom and I once had to hitchhike to school in the third grade). When I was poor, I admired the nice cars and strived to own one someday. I don't think I would have keyed them to make them more like our Montego.

Yes, I guess I was making somewhat a generalization for my particular circumstance, but that's a function of where I was... a not so nice urban hospital area. So yes, it's possible a brain surgeon could have decided to try a new cutting technique on my car, but it's more likely the random street riffraff in SF.
Old 02-04-07, 09:27 AM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Thanks.

But we all know the people that did this have come and gone. And unless I catch this same person in the act, I'll never find out. That's what's disturbing to me. Someone that has never met me decided to damage my property as if I had done something to him. Somehow, I'm the reason why he is not where he wants to be in his life. Yet, I don't think it ever crossed his mind that his decision making process that led him to key somebody else's car is probably the biggest contributor to where he is now. It's always somebody else's fault...

and if they ever get caught for doing something wrong, they're not sorry for what they've done. just sorry that they got caught doing it.
Sorry to hear about your car. So much jealousy and hate in the world. You're right, he is not sorry for what he's done and most likely will not get caught for this, but he will get what he deserves in life... hardship and pain! And in death... rot in hell!
Old 02-04-07, 10:13 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Im sorry to hear about the misfortune of your car. Those ***** should be SHOT!
Old 02-04-07, 10:21 AM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

Man, that sucks.

My car got hit by a shopping cart here in the east bay yesterday...WHILE I WAS STANDING NEXT TO IT. I honestly couldn't believe it had happened. Thankfully it was a Target all-plastic shopping cart, but I do think it put a small (3-4mm long) scratch in the paint. Touch-up, here I come!
Old 02-04-07, 10:25 AM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

sorry to hear that it happened to you man. hopefully there was a camera in the area that caught the person in the act.
Old 02-04-07, 11:05 AM
smgis250
Driver

sorry to hear that man ..that suck!! Why ppls just get their life not doing shix like this!!! Well i will wait to repaint your car coz those fuxxer will do it again!!
Old 02-04-07, 11:08 AM
sportdsign
Rookie

Dude, This sucks..Sorry to hear this..Some people just do not respect other people's property..Hopefully your insurance will take care of this..
Old 02-04-07, 11:15 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by smgis250
sorry to hear that man ..that suck!! Why ppls just get their life not doing shix like this!!! Well i will wait to repaint your car coz those fuxxer will do it again!!

Hmmm... I have to go visit the same area again and stay overnight... now that it's scratched, should I just take the same car? I would like the GPS because I need to get around the city that night.

Or should I take my 97 740iL? what would you guys do?
Old 02-04-07, 11:19 AM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Hmmm...........

Makes me wanna work on a security system that electricutes anyone who messes with it...
Old 02-04-07, 11:29 AM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Hmmm... I have to go visit the same area again and stay overnight... now that it's scratched, should I just take the same car? I would like the GPS because I need to get around the city that night.

Or should I take my 97 740iL? what would you guys do?
if you take a different car, you could risk getting that keyed also. granted, you did say that you had no problem with it being messed with before.....

2 cars to repaint or 1 car, multiple panels.

Quick Reply: Some MFer keyed my baby!