IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Carlsson carbon fiber lip installed.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-07, 09:12 AM
tennistodd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carlsson carbon fiber lip installed.

Greetings folks...this is my first post after owning my is250 for a year now. I just recently purchased the Carlsson lip off of e-bay and IT IS NOT a good fit and after researching the kit I don't think it is even a genuine Carlsson part. I did notice after I received the lip it did have Carlsson embossed on the bottom. But anyway...tell me what you guys think about it. I like the carbon fiber with the red but I DO NOT like the fitment. There are small gaps left on each side of the fender because the lip is not contoured enough. If I decide to take it off and replace the old piece there will be some scrathes exposed due to installing it. Leave it or trash it?[ATTACH] [/ATTACH] I will send another picture as soon as I learn how to send more than 1 at a time? Thanks
-todd
Attached Thumbnails Carlsson carbon fiber lip installed.-000_0806.jpg  
Old 01-07-07, 09:22 AM
tennistodd
Driver

Hope this picture helps a little more.
Carlsson carbon fiber lip installed.-000_0805.jpg
Old 01-07-07, 09:31 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not bad, but It doesn't look fitted properly, something is not right. How much did you bought it?

try uploading your pictures in Imageshack, and copy the direct links and paste it between [img][/img] boxes.
Old 01-07-07, 09:35 AM
tennistodd
Driver

Here is another pic.Carlsson carbon fiber lip installed.-000_0811.jpg
Old 01-07-07, 09:35 AM
frylai
Driver

It looks kind of weird, I have the real Carlsson Lip and the shape is slightly different, the angles and the shape overall, but I don't think you can tell unless you own a real one.

Matt
Old 01-07-07, 09:39 AM
tennistodd
Driver

I paid $360.00 shipped to Tenn. from Taiwan.
That is the only way the lip would fit??? The body shop guy tried everything. We finally discovered the the piece fits snug against the bottom grill instead of going underneath the car.(this is where the scratches were made) It directly bolts on under the car where the OEM lip was.
Old 01-07-07, 09:42 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks ok just leave it as it is for now!! And I am 100% sure it is not a genuine Carlsson since they don't make CF lip for the IS...
Please check my carlsson lip for references... there are so much differents

Last edited by ISbb; 01-07-07 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-07-07, 09:50 AM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Can't really tell on the fitment, and in general I hate unpainted CF look on any car, but that first pic of your ride looks hot!
Old 01-07-07, 09:55 AM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

i have that same lip off of ebay, but I have a black car soo those little gaps don't show quite as much. I am reinstalling it so that I can minimize the space of the gaps. For the 300 dollars i'll keep it. lol. I think it looks really good. I'll post pics once i get it back on
Old 01-07-07, 09:58 AM
tennistodd
Driver

Yours looks fantastic! They are shaped different on the top but are similar shaped on the bottom. It makes me so mad that I wasted the money and the front of my car has been scratched up!
By looking at your lip a little closer, is the part that wraps around the fender suppose to be pulled up to match the contour of the car? It looks like it is lower?
Old 01-07-07, 10:05 AM
tennistodd
Driver

This picture was taken before the storm came.Carlsson carbon fiber lip installed.-000_0814.jpg
Old 01-07-07, 10:14 AM
LexFather

i like it..........
Old 01-07-07, 10:57 AM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

its not a real carlsson, i asked and he never gave me a true responce, also the member who stated they dont make a C/F one is correct as well.
Its a knock off and they put the name carlsson on the on the picture.....
Old 01-07-07, 11:43 AM
tennistodd
Driver

Actually there are 2 different people selling these lips. One says that it is Carlsson and the other one says it is "Carlsson STYLE". Unfortunately I bought it and am stuck with it. I will be having the chrome on the grill painted soon. I think that will make it look a little better.
Old 01-07-07, 12:19 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tennistodd
Actually there are 2 different people selling these lips. One says that it is Carlsson and the other one says it is "Carlsson STYLE". Unfortunately I bought it and am stuck with it. I will be having the chrome on the grill painted soon. I think that will make it look a little better.
I actually think it looks pretty good........
You could always paint it to color match, the gaps or imperfections may not be as noticable. How did it attach? did it use stock mounting hardware?

here is a trick, i did this with my accord, go to a toyota dealer and get some of that rubber stripping they use on the corolla Type S body kits, (sideskirts) and adhere that to the edges of the lip where it comes in contact with the paint, it should eliminate the gaps and protect the paint a little better. the downside is it is grey in color. It could be painted maybe with something.....

just a suggestion.

Quick Reply: Carlsson carbon fiber lip installed.